Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah as long as everyone is wary you could un-knowingly be going 3 wide into T1 so be careful how much room (or lack of) you give someone, and they could easily be in a big slide too. Don't want to do a K-mag. The next couple of corners are pretty twisty and narrow so it's quite easy to overcook it and bully yourself and/or others off the track.
    Will anyone be on today?
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, that's what I mean, without practice you may go in too hot and take someone out as the first corner is fairly blind and fast then the track tightens heaps. It's a prety cool track once you get use to it

Also no whisky in the last post... but maybe a heap of wine and autocorrect...
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its the main reason why I suggested people try get on for some practice races, its actually quite a fun track to race with a few passing opportunities but those few awkward wide corners that its hard to even imagine the line you want early on and racing others there is a fun challenge. Also there are 3 fairly similar sections into the slow right handers with all 3 needing fairly different brake points where its easy to forget which one your at and make a good mess of it.

The race groove on this mod track seems to be following drunk drivers impression of an ideal racing line, quite often at a new track the groove will give a reasonable hint of a good line but here I think its very wrong and can easily lead you into very poor lines.
    Cherno likes this.
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

Also be aware that the wide entry (normally ideal line) line into some corners can be very dangerous if another driver is following closely. A unguarded apex may be claimed by the following driver.
  5. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Sounds like I've missed some good racing due to being busy with Network Engineering studies. Might make an appearance at the next round. Depends whether or not I can fix the stability issues with my cheap PC build in time.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Have fun next 2 rounds boys, seeya in 3 weeks
    Anon666 likes this.
  7. bbhrt

bbhrt New Recruit

I think it was stiggy and anon and someone else who I hit like a bulldozer, I was going way to fast into the corner and am embarrassed at how :):):):) that was.
    My sincere apologies guys.
    Cherno and ed40t like this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great fun racing tonight lads. 3 abreast in a wicked battle with @Shaun_A and @marty then later team mates @krunch and @Rolz. Lost a chance of keeping up with Shaun after leaving the door open to Rolz in Sector 1, was a good move and shut me out another place (I'll remember to keep the door shut next time even for team mates :p). Managed to pinch it back on the final corner. Only blemish was meeting Peter.P parked sideways across an apex early on, with no where to go t-boned. Fortunately low speed so damage was minor but was noticeable on a couple of right handers.

Until we get the official consolidated results from @QC. here's the S-tracker session links:
    Qual: http://54.153.191.209:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=7280#
    Race 1: http://54.153.191.209:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=7281#
    Race 2: http://54.153.191.209:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=7282#
    Cherno, ed40t, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Provisional results:
    [​IMG]

Welcome @Bogor to team Pagnian. :thumbsup:
    Cherno, Rolz, Mael and 1 other person like this.
  11. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Spewing I missed this round, really enjoyed the track and had good pace. Hopefully someones got some replays sounds like it was action packed.
    Cherno likes this.
  12. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Didn't start the second race as I needed an early night.

Had some really good racing just tailing the 3 guys in 4-6th for a good few laps as they battled hard, but unfortunately I stuffed it by spinning Jlynn out at one of the hairpins which cost us both dearly, sorry Jlynn!!
    Cherno, ed40t and KoAStR like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Fun racing last night, was really struggling to get any pace during the week so to get a PB in qual and then smash it in R1 was great.
    I made some silly mistakes in R1 and was lucky not to have written Godzilla's night off... break too late in this thing and it just locks and slides... ABS does SFA and I'm a passenger...
    There was some really cool battles in R2 and it was a pleasure watching Marty and KoAStR battle it out until they clipped and both slid out... then it was only a matter of time before they caught me up...
    Apologies to anyone else if I shunted them and didn't mention it... this car proves to have close racing, but my style of driving doesn't suit this car... lol well less than other cars anyway... :)
    Cherno and ed40t like this.
  14. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

15. Rolz

Out of interest what are the points for position? it's not in the first post for me to reference.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Missed ya out there mate.
    It's on the season ladders next to the chart (RHS) below the points table.
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=Ladder#AC
  17. Rolz

Sorry, I meant for each race... for last night R1, what does 1st, 2nd 3rd etc get points wise?
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    To determine standing for the round Race 1 is scored as normal, then Race 2 is scored at half points.
    Then championship points are as usual for overall standing placing.
  19. Rolz

Sorry for being difficult to understand what I’m after, but what are the actual points allocated?
    for example,
    1st - 15pts
    2nd - 14pts
    3rd -13pts
    etc...
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

1st: 35
    2nd: 30
    3rd: 26
    4th: 23

Has it on the right side in the season result summary 2 pages back