AC reasonable V8SC mod?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rolz, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Took the Ford around Barbagallo this morning and it felt pretty cool... no TC in them so you really have to feather throttle.
    http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/
    Will have a server up this arvo and with CM you will be able to download content straight from there.
    Cherno and Spidey_11 like this.
  2. Rolz

Server is up, just look for FTW V8
    the wrapper does weird things with barbagallo track (downloads it but I have nfi where), but most ppl have that already
    Cars do download nicely.
  3. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

awesome Rolz. I tried the old ones but hated them. Hope these are better
  4. Rolz

I didn’t try the others because of the bad wrap they got, but these seem pretty good.
    Interested to hear thoughts.
    Also worked out issue with CM track download so got that working too :)
    ed40t likes this.
  5. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

wow i really enjoyed it!! Could be a future league car!~
    Rolz likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I did read somewhere its a rip from a mobile phone game lol, so if nothing else it should run well on even a fairly low spec potato.
    Rolz likes this.
  7. Rolz

haha... they certainly are tough to drive, but when I wasn't crashing off I was having fun chasing Marty about :)
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was fun racing, not convinced by the physics as it does a few things fairly weird. But still considerably better then the v8's in PC2 which isnt hard to beat. Doesnt remind me much of the v8s I drove a few years ago but I havent really driven a good sim version of v8's yet anywhere. One day someone will do better physics but at least the models in these look ok and driving in its own way can be interesting and challenging.
  9. Rolz

Interesting tid-bit, I met a guy through social media a while a go and been trying to get him to come over to AC from PC1/2 for ages... anyway he's a V8sc nutter and I thought I'd try to get him onto this mod to test.
    He told me he's been working with the devs on this for the past few months testing etc... the newer update has heaps of physics changes and apparently they have Richie Stanaway doing the testing for them...
    Sounds fascinating! :)
    Peter Wise, c4rLo5 and KoAStR like this.
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Just found this on youtube,

looks like the same car and there's also a link to download winton race track as well
    KoAStR and Rolz like this.
  11. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

hey peter i must be blind i cant find the link for winton?
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looks nice. Sounds nice too. I downloaded the car mod but yet to install and test drive. Will check out the Winton circuit DL.

it's in the youtube video description need to hit the "SHOW MORE" button to see it.
  13. Rolz

So annoying AC has no track cycle implemented, would be good to load a few Aussie tracks up and cycle through them. The mod that does it sucks IMHO
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @ed40t open the video in youtube, under Hobbo88 name click on show more and there is a link to the car and track mods
  15. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

made a post in the main thread but you guys are all over it! tried the new update and patch today and was really impressed. would be great to do some racing in these bad boys
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Rolz likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was a bit of fun with @Cherno and @ed40t in the Barbagallo server, at first I hated it but maybe I hadnt applied the patch properly as default felt bad and every change made it more bad. After re downloading the app and also the track the car was much more believable and driveable even on default setup. The small changes I made also worked as expected while the first version I had changes made no sense at all and had me completly stumped.

I have put these up on a couple of my Marty's servers with MR AB+ and anyone here that wants to jump in these and cant get in just send me your steam GUID and I will add you to the whitelist.

Also if anyone has a track suggestion or wants to change these servers format up let me know and I will do it. I havent even had a server up for a while so may as well get some use from them while they are still pre paid.
    Cherno, c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Database of Rooz GUIDs here should be pretty well up to date if that helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g2m740r93xpu39/ROOZ-SteamGUIDs.xlsx?dl=0
    c4rLo5, marty and Rolz like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

KoAStR and c4rLo5 like this.
  19. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I just had a drive around it. The track looks a lot nicer than the iRacing version. I could not get a clean lap though. Hard track to go fast around. The V8SC take some getting used to.
    Rolz likes this.