Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Sebring was super fun! Great choice for a sprint round in my mind.
    Well done Koastr and Anon.

Didn't do a particularly good time for quali but was happy with 7th.
    The first lap has destroyed me in the past so I took it pretty cautiously knowing the my inside line would be good insurance.
    Ended up getting involved with a 4 way duel that was so fun, I was pretty excited to have a crack at Cherno. We what felt like half a lap side by side but he inevitably got the better of me. I tried to do a danny ric on him but blew it.
    Unfortunately got a tap coming out of the hairpin but by this stage I was stoked to finally be able to have some good racing so wasn't too fazed.
    Second race I had a pretty good start and was pretty excited with where I was running and felt I could have some good pace.
    Although once again I got tagged (right after I gave Terry a nudge) but it took me forever to turn around without putting my car on the track.
    Had awesome fun. If Eastern Creek is anything like how I remember it from V8 Supercars 2 on the xbox it should be another cracking race :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Cherno, krunch, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  3. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Thanks guys, I had a blast. My first real race with a large field. I managed to stay unscathed at the back and was able to avoid the pile up in the first and second race. I managed to get my PB in the first race.
    Team Pagnian hey, seems fitting as I just recently bought the Next Level Racing GT Pro seat from them. I have a monitor stand to suit that I bought with it that is still in the box as it was a late delivery and I ended up getting an Oculus Rift. I have no use for it if anyone needs one.
    c4rLo5, Cherno, Anon666 and 3 others like this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Championship standings. TGM reclaim the lead in the teams champ. HTO line up PAG for a challenge next week.
    [​IMG]
    @Rolz see the table next to the Drivers Championship Points chart ;) I think that's what you're looking for
    Rolz likes this.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Great vid jlynn:). Sorry about that tag in race 2 - real shame we got hooked up and I couldn't straighten you out, not to mention you got stuck on the wall. I just had nowhere to go as I was already on the braking limit when you touched Terry. All 3 of us were having an awesome battle so it was a pity it ended that way.

That round was fantastic though (even the prac races earlier in the week were brilliant). I had some epic battles in both races and really enjoyed it. My pace was off on the night which was a pity but in race 1 I managed to move up a few spots in the early laps to wipe out my bad qualy. The race long 3 way battle with mael and Terry was just amazing! A recovering jlynn joined in at the end too.

Race 2 was again full of epic battles - mainly me trying to hold off the quicker guys behind. I was in the mood for defending as I'm trying to learn not to give away my position so easily. The racing was unbelievable and even though I was defending hard the respect from the faster guys behind was brilliant :thumbsup:.

Onward and upward for EC.
    jlynn777, Mael and KoAStR like this.
  6. Mael

Mael Professional

Welcome to Team Pagnian Bogor. Looks like a good first race although you forgot to do the obligatory crash into @Anon666, but no worries there are still two races left of the season to do it. :sneaky:
    jlynn777, Bogor and Rolz like this.
  7. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Which version of Eastern Creek are we using? Gonna have a go Thursday night to see if my setup is stable enough to race.
  8. Rolz

Use download link from first post :)
  9. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Anyone got any setups to help a newbie out? I will be on tonight to start learning this track.
  10. Rolz

Generally Teams discuss setups etc... so hit ur team up :)
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Potential issue with Eastern Creek was discussing with Ed is pit lane entry. Let's you come in flat out but if you're in one of the first pit boxes you'll over shoot so at a disadvantage to those in boxes down the lane.

Not sure what if anything can be done to mitigate this short of sprint round format.
  12. Mael

Mael Professional

Just ensure the points table leaders gets those pit boxes, will act as a BOP them :D.

Otherwise I'm sure us drivers who are lower down on the leader board would not mind taking those pit boxes, I usually overshoot my pit box in any case so it would have no effect.
    KoAStR likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @QC. Is it possible to allocate pit boxes by season standing?
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe find @KoAStR a pit box somewhere in the in field to give the rest of us a chance. Possibly dont give him a pit bay and make him drive off track find a 7 eleven and tyre power store to get his fuel and tyres. :D

Also I forgot to post my video from the reverse grid race. Was a fun race, not my best result as I kind of had a good start then went backwards after giving @Cherno a little bump. I tried to keep Koastr behind but failed on the last turn 2nd last lap after passing @Rolz then trying to block off the inside a little running wide and letting both back past lol.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Anon666, Cherno, krunch and 2 others like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic footage and great driving love your work guys.
    That birds eye cam reminds me of old school GTA! Is that the untethered F5 camera?
    marty likes this.
  16. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Yeah there needs to be a chicane there to slow people down into pits. :D
    I'm easy either way but its not really fair to everyone if it isn't a sprint round. Maybe two 12 lap races reverse grid second race? I dunno.

Marty that video was great! Awesome driving everyone.
    marty likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes its the f5 cam unlocked with that small ini edit re spherical co-ordinates.

I only drove into the pits once but clearly there will be a few seconds gained by those that have a later pit bay then the earlier ones. Its kind of a shame we dont have a manual limiter and speeding violations in AC as this can come up at quite a few tracks mostly mod ones.

Last night I was also getting an odd stutter crossing the line and had a game crash on track. Its the first crash Ive had in AC in a very long time not sure if its the track or was just the hotter temps and maybe a thermal issue with hardware.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Replace with Nords? :)
    bmx_mtb_boy and marty like this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  20. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Joined a practice room last night with a few other people. Struggled due to a lack of mileage and also due to somewhat mismatched force feed back settings. On the plus side, my connection to the server seemed to be stable. Will test again tonight to see if my Video Card Issues on the final 2 laps of one race are solved (12fps 100% usage, raised power limit in MSI Afterburner seemed to do the trick).