Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ok the pit entry here is pretty ordinary, but if you go in flat out you will stop at around half way or worse, so let's not encourage that. Seeing as there is only one pitstop I will happily check the replay for pit entry speeds, so just like F1 let's enter the lane at 80kph. You can still go flat out down the pit road, but you must hit the brakes before crossing the line for the pit entry.
    jlynn777, KoAStR and krunch like this.
  2. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Won't be racing this round. PC is too unstable and it could cause problems for other people with either unexpected crashes or just from waiting for me to fix them. Must be a sign since I got an upgraded motherboard today...
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Just tested this and should be pretty easy to do, pretty much make sure you brake early enough to change down to 2nd before hitting the pit lane marker and that will be about right.
  4. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I just did the race with Ringo. Working out fuel and tyres etc for such a long race. Took us 48 minutes to finish. Talk about exhausting. 48 minutes inside a Rift is very hot and Sweaty!!!
    I managed to get into the 1:51.xxx so am happy with my progress. Nothing near you guys with the 1:47s - 1:49s.
    Looking forward to Monday night (If I can make it) I might make it at the end of Qualifying, however I would be at the back anyway so as long as I make the start lights I will be happy.
    jlynn777, Anon666 and Rolz like this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Bogor sorry bud didn't see you chat messages until after you left the session, so wasn't feeling the pressure and turned out to be a good lap to be watching! :)

Reminder to all about pit entry tonight, expectation is that everyone attempts to enter pit lane (crossing white line) at 80 kph which means breaking BEFORE the pit lane control normally slows you down. Shift down into 2nd plus a little more brake is about it. @Anon666 will be watching! :ninja:
    Bogor, Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  6. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Remember KOASTR to take it a bit easy in pits, dont want to ruin your championship by speeding :p
    Rolz likes this.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

@ed40t I wouldn't be asking you for pitstop advice haha
    ed40t, KoAStR and Rolz like this.
  8. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

aahhahahahahaha
  9. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

If anyone is wondering what is going on just make sure you have downloaded the latest track via the link on the first page. it should be version 3.5
    KoAStR likes this.
  10. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Rolz and Bogor like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the race guys and well done to Ed40T, Shaun and Rolz for the podium. Back luck to Koastr for the connection issues too bummer that when it happens.

Was a strange round all up and after doing some practice Thursday night and seeing it looked like I was running a different track to a few others I didn't bother running any more laps and just resigned to a mid field race. I had tried everything setup wise but was never going to find 1.3 seconds here and ended up just stuffing the setup chasing shadows lol.

In the end once the track issue was sorted I looked for finding a more stable set and work out fuel numbers for the race. Qualy was ok not a great lap but 2nd row wasn't too bad, I didn't get a great start and lost a spot to Cherno into t2. Then there was a bit of a concertina effect and I ran into the back of him while already on brakes and just coasting so not a great deal I think I could have done to avoid it as he also got checked up by slower cars ahead. I spun him and then redressed without seeing where he was so went to 2nd last and tried to work my way back.

Was fun getting back through the field but also stopping a little earlier then expected along with over driving my stop needing to find reverse didn't help. End result was 5th with some good battles along the way especially with Annon at the end. He ran out of rubber it seemed and let me past then my rubber got nicely cooked and I barely stayed ahead to the finish.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    krunch, Anon666, ed40t and 4 others like this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Change of track grip between versions was interesting. Obviously the tarmac has less grip but curbs seemed to have alot more and be less of an obstacle.

Was hard to keep focus for a front row performance with all the other setbacks with wrong track, late entry (getting right track), and a small person who should have been getting in her PJs distracting me :inlove: meant I only got one real flying lap in quali fortunately made it count. Then connection drop out switching to race got me flustered again just made it in for the lights. Struggled to get my head back into it by which time Ed pulled a bit of a gap.

So pretty bummed about connection drop out in the race when had finally closed the gap after the pit was shaping up to be a good race to the end. :( Weird thing was no load on net and had steady ping?! But connection history shows a couple of other drop outs earlier today. Hopefully all good for next week. :)

WD @Rolz in for a podium finish but despite that TGM dominating again.
    WD @ed40t and @Shaun_A great racing.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    ed40t, Bogor, Rolz and 3 others like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Congrats ed40t and Shaun_A! Booyaaa! A podium for me, super stoked... though all through incidents and disconnections... Still I'll enjoy it as its rare with such a quality field of drivers here :D
    And here I started the day with thank gawd we only have 2 races of this car left... I was thinking I was going backwards compared to the fast guys.
    Q1 - Very happy to be in a reasonable position starting and the time gap wasn't in the 1.5sec, but rather 0.6seconds to the leaders. Minor heart attack when I bailed to pits after qual run my wheel had lost calibration and was sitting at 30deg off centre :confused::eek: Thankfully with 5min a quick exit, google how to recalibrate and back into game all was good just in time to see qual finish.
    R1 - The cold tires are brutal, but kept it on the track most of the time... seemed to make life for myself difficult when I'd get a pass sorted and the next lap I go wide, onto the grass and have to then battle the pass again.:cautious: My pit-stop worked well... always a bit concerning when you come out in 10/11th place and hope that it's because others haven't pitted...
    Next I realised I was in 4th... probably about the same time wondering where KoAStR was as the question got asked... BL once again... Could see Cherno coming up at a great rate of knots with a few laps left to go, but thankfully I was able to stay relatively consistent and stay in front of him...
    Bring on Mugello! :thumbsup::)
    krunch, ed40t, marty and 2 others like this.
  14. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Cheers guys was a spanner in the works as well having to download and learn the new track too. It was pretty much the same except the turn 2 hairpin had heaps less grip.
    Another tight qualifying!! how awesome was that.
    Had a pretty good race last night, hardly any mistakes which is a first. When Koastr tried the undercut I pushed hard and went off and lost 2 seconds on the hairpin and thought i had thrown it away. I exited pits with Koastr doin his thing catching me on cold tyres, was really close for a few laps I was under attack but then was relieved when old mate disconnected. Sorry man that was a :):):):) way to go out. I actually felt robbed as I was up for a battle. It was a pretty boring race from then on. Looking forward to next week.
    Good work PRT!
    krunch likes this.
  15. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

And here I was thinking Koastr and I had stepped up to another level. HAHAHA Was wondering how guys like you where so far back on the lapstats!
    KoAStR and Rolz like this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    In hindsight should have figured something was up with half of us returning different sector timing. :rolleyes:
  17. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Admittedly Marty was the only one piping up about the disparity... where I thought you guys were transcending to uber :alien:
    :D
    marty and jlynn777 like this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea unfortunately first I heard about it from Marty was on race night, otherwise would have looked into it.
    Rolz likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looks like I may be out for the next round seems my g27 decided to die just as I turned my pc on, it really is pretty weak compared to my old g25 which went years. I broke the first g27 within weeks of getting it and this one being all plastic and me being a bit aggressive on the wheel with it bolted solid means the casing has cracked a bit and it seems to be free spinning lol. Its probably still under waranty but I dont even want another of these as they are fairly flimsy and worse built then earlier logitech wheels.

Anyway was always going to get a DD wheel and seeing bitcoin is at silly prices atm I may just sell one and get myself an accuforce then use the rest for a small holiday to the US or Japan early next year. I wanted to see what fanatec and Thrustmaster were going to bring in DD wheels but the accu is a pretty solid wheel and I tried one a while back along with a bodnar and wasnt much in them. Both so much better then non dd wheels and price compared to something like the higher end fanatec stuff doesnt make much sense when you can get a full accu shipped for under $2k + tax or duty of 10% I assume.

On the website they claim 1 day shipping to OZ lol, I highly doubt that is possible even though I have had stuff overnighted from the US before but that was fedex and I dont think UPS has that option. Its also a bit cheap for a big package compared to the fedex pricing on something that was maybe 1/10th the size and weight.
    Anon666 and c4rLo5 like this.
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Anon666 and c4rLo5 like this.