GT Sport Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why no point? it can teach people that it isn't the right thing to do. it can teach them that they won't get away with things like that. and they may lose spots to other drivers who were clean etc
    REVO_Bryan and Knuckles like this.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @Spidey_11 was also involved in that incident and ended up even worse. If @holdenman05 doesn't want to protest, someone else might.
  3. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Technically I wasn't the one hit, the innocent party was pushed into me, up to him to protest
  4. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    :(I seen that on the replay.
  5. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Sorry Holden for my part in the turn 1 crash, the lap before I made a great move down the inside of blue yonda, l hit the brakes around the same point this lap but just got into spiders, not sure if that impact caused him to hit you or not but after that it was pinball stuff. I waited for a few moments but spider was not on track anymore so I kept going. Something strange was going on as you can see from Knuckles replay. If you wish to protest me I’m fine with that, I’ll take my medicine and move on, just know that in no way did I mean to make contact and it probably cost me two spots. On a brighter note I’m thrilled that I have finally shown some pace. First week no force feedback, second new wheel and pedal’s that I am getting my head around now. Look forward to next week and sorry again
    stucar17 and Russell like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    actually, you could still protest the original driver since you were adversely affected. But as I see, someone has owned up and apologised.
  7. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Thanks for the awesome racing on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't be at Bathurst as I'm out of town for a wedding. So GL this weekend and I'll see you all at the endro
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Does tuning actually work in the long run?
    I just ran qualli for gr.3 sport around alsace. With bop and no tuning. A little more hp and some more weight. 1st and only lap was 2 tenths faster then my fastest in rnd 2. Wasn't as comfortable to drive. Is it just track knowledge where the speed is?
    Apex_64 likes this.
  9. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    One advantage of tuning is that it probably enables you to be more consistently fast with less effort.
    I do think it its subjective to an individual and track though...for instance my Maggiore suspension setup doesn't like tracks with bigger curbs that unsettle the car.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There has to be an advantage to it.....the question will be if guys are prepared to spend the time doing it to find a few tenths. I used to tune time out of my cars :cry::confused::roflmao:
    Spidey_11 and incey like this.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Remember that race settings are different (Grip loss low, ToD, fuel/tire usage) to what we have set up.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  12. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I don't think tuning actually makes a car "faster", unless you reduce the down force. Setting the gearbox to suit the track also makes a car fractionally faster on that track. Possibly also minute gains in a straight line from less camber.
    But tuning is more about setting the car to suit your own driving style and wheel etc. This should make you more consistent, comfortable and confident in pushing to your limit, and then produce consistent lower lap times. From my experience I give tunes that I think are great, and others think they are crap, and visa versa.
    You are also right that track knowledge and confidence is vital to dropping times.
    Another thing to be mindful of is time of day the track is set to. On GT6 at Bathurst there was a 1 second gap in times between 7am and 4pm.
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

All true and valid. I did re enter round 2 last minute so practice was minimal.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This Sunday's Bathurst round will be a retro round!

Try your hand a creating a retro livery to run this Sunday

This is something I would like to continue for upcoming seasons too. Photographers get those cameras ready!

Sorry for the late notice
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Done. Ready. Complete.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    R4.
    Bathurst - 21 laps - 0800 Sunny

Car : Porsche 911 RSR 2017 (509hp 1243Kg)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

ok Guys....Some great racing again last week....very few issues which was good to see......

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Give racing room, and turn Hell corner, into Heaven corner (<<bad joke)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : NO
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Follow the correct entry/exits and try not to cut the unbroken lines, doing so, and impeding another driver, may result in a penalty

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room[​IMG]
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hi all,

Just a reminder, when filing a protest, you are to add only the following members to the inbox:
    @Ad2mny
    @JonoStan96
    @garyw61
    @Viperzed

Please do not add other members to the inbox or the person you are filing a protest against. GTS and PCARS 2 drivers may add the room captain if you do not have access to a saved replay.

Cheers,
    Stewards Group.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    hey All, I’m a no show for Bathurst this Sunday.
    Have a good one.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

That sucks. Where have you been since sunday?
  20. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Just in hiding lol. Interest in GTS is dropping off :(