GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I’ll try and have a crack at some retro liveries for both, it’s a hard ask, but if I get on, I’ll have a play around and suprise you guys unless you have a preference let me know
    Hatfield likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    R4.
    Bathurst - 21 laps - 0800 Sunny

Car : Porsche 911 RSR 2017 (509hp 1243Kg)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

ok Guys....Some great racing again last week....very few issues which was good to see......

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Give racing room, and turn Hell corner, into Heaven corner (<<bad joke)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : NO
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Follow the correct entry/exits and try not to cut the unbroken lines, doing so, and impeding another driver, may result in a penalty

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room[​IMG]
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hi all,

Just a reminder, when filing a protest, you are to add only the following members to the inbox:
    @Ad2mny
    @JonoStan96
    @garyw61
    @Viperzed

Please do not add other members to the inbox or the person you are filing a protest against. GTS and PCARS 2 drivers may add the room captain if you do not have access to a saved replay.

Cheers,
    Stewards Group.
    ssman244 likes this.
  4. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    no good for tonight wont make it home in time
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Thought someone like to see this

incey, warrior2167, Russell and 7 others like this.
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I managed a 2.04.1 in div 2 (fastest lap) and as a joke said in the chat after the race "beau probably did a 2.03 or something like that". Nope 2.02.5 bloody hell that's quick and i thought my lap was fast.
    Ozglenn and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  7. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Unbelievably smooth, the car I drove tonight felt like a constant state of epilepsy and just impossible, ran the near stock setup I have all season didn’t cope with the elevation and low speed corners
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I ran the same setup as Keeden and it was not possible, perhaps I should have remembered before that when we raced together in the 2015 GTPES N24 at my house, we have 2 very different driving styles. The car tonight was snapping all over the place and I ruined another great start by running wide at McPhillamy and the Chase in one lap.

Had a fun battle with randm but once he rage quit it was a very dull affair. Wasn’t the most fun of nights. Bring on q faster car and grippier tyres please.
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Provisional Round 4 Results
    Pole: @KeedenMcdonald
    [​IMG]
    9th - @Randm90 - DSC
    [​IMG]
    @Randm90 - 2:06.974
    • No grid glitches tonight.
    • Pit stop times included length of time required to travel down pit lane. Should check to determine if it was patched or just track specific.
    warrior2167 and emmo46 like this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Bob.
  11. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: mid 2.04 was all I could manage by just driving a clean and easy lap and all I tried doing during the race.
    Race: Uneventful, chased after stigs, but just felt so loose and made way too many mistakes overcorrecting the car, spun out twice but happy to grab 3rd. Awaiting new internet that will actually allow me to practice and learn the game as a whole better.
  12. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    After finally being allowed to enter the room, qually had already started. Like SSman I just wanted a clean lap at first, and did a high 2.04, and was heading for a very low 2.04 but our room captain decided to start the the race before I could finish the lap, after stating race will start in 16 mins from now, when I entered the room.
    Was on a fuel saving strategy which briefly saw me with a chance for 3rd until I slowed to a roll over last 3 laps due to not knowing how much fuel I had (did not know about fuel lap counter :rolleyes: lol). My rhythm was crap and I couldn't pull out the low 2.05s on low mix I was doing in practice. I could not settle into a rhythm though, possibly due to the farcical selfish plot to try to prevent me from racing.
    Really it was another boring race for me, with the same pack of three ahead, and the rest of the field behind.
    One thing though, I keep watching Jono fly past me on his "power starts", where do I find that launch button Jono? o_O
    I really am jealous of Div2 who seem to have a bunch of similar pace drivers to me, battling it out with some close racing :thumbsup:.
    Great win Beau, and well done podium your all just too fast for me, forcing me into left field strategies (that don't work). I really need to do a semester at the Knuckles fuel saving school.
    I hope I don't fall asleep in the enduro.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Nah mate, he said QP ends at 16 minutes room total time, just under 10 mins after you joined at 6-7 mins total time. I crossed to start my last lap at about 0:15:40 total time and was able to complete it even though I nearly binned it in the esses, attempted another pit entry and went plodding through the gravel.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    none of these replies are helpful guys...time to move on
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    that is actually amazing..... I haven't been able to get those videos to work at all....
    nah just kidding, fantastic lap beau
    StigsTC and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  16. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Dam, looks like I took too long getting popcorn
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To ALL ROOZ DRIVERS. Yet another post regarding driving etiquette.

As a member of the stewards team, I am privy to all of the average driving here in our league, and TBH a vast majority of incidents appear to be caused by poor spacial awareness/failure to allow racing space.

All of the current League platforms have warning arrows telling you there is another driver close, and where it is in relation to you. PCars also has the option for the pit crew chief to tell you where and when a car is near you, which I personally find very helpful. I'm not sure if these assists can be turned off, but I think maybe we need to make it a rule that they should remain on.

There have been a number of instances where if just a little room was left, the attacking driver may not necessarily be able to make the pass, but at least both drivers would be able to continue on without incident. Or maybe they may have made the pass, but been on the wrong line for the turn and lost the position again.

My next point of concern is the lax attitude some people have recently shown regarding the rule about changing lines to try break a draft/block drivers. We have had a couple of borderline instances pass through the stewards group and feel it may need to be highlighted to ensure everyone is aware of what is allowed.

Directly quoting RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0:

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent a car behind from passing.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may make one tactful change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not swerve from side to side at any point of the track to prevent the following car from gaining the tow.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) must maintain a straight line when driving down a straight.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

As Stu has said many a time, this is a game, there are no sheep-stations, and a good clean battle (I think) can be just as rewarding and gratifying as a win. Some courtesy towards other drivers, a bit of common sense and a better awareness of what is going on around you will make yours and your fellow racers' night much more enjoyable, and take some of the load off the stewards for stuff that should not even be an issue.

Thankyou
    Zachery, stucar17 and KoAStR like this.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bob has agreed to step down from host/captain duties and take a break from racing for the rest of the season to help put this behind us.

So let's see a more positive an mature approach going forward. Thanks.
    seth123, Apex_64 and Zachery like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    speaking of which, could anyone host the remainder of the season?
    @Mustafur you had put your hand up earlier, but I haven't seen much of you lately...
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    He’s gone MIA but I’m happy to do it unless someone else has a better net than me.