GT Sport Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    If u pull it off...
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Think it maybe a little to slow
  3. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah fuel map 6 for the whole race will get you nowhere lol, the Bathurst pitlane was one of the longest in the whole game
  4. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Well done knuckles on a awesome win! you seem to be going from strength to strength this season. Also some great speed shown by motors and risky this season, especially this week! I myself have been very inconsistent this season but am still having lots of fun. bring on next week.
    CaptainRisky21 and Knuckles like this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    i have honestly surprised myself with my pace, especially with no throttle control on ps4
  6. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Was in fuel save mode on lap 1, reading about everyone's strategy it appears I'm just slow, and have been since I got the g29. Congrats to @Knuckles I'm proud of u. I got rammed again last night so expect an appeal which I hate doing
    Knuckles likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I can relate. Since I got this g29 I'm having a hard time. I feel like I have never driven this car to its limit at all. Oh well, fingers crossed we work it out.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To ALL ROOZ DRIVERS. Yet another post regarding driving etiquette.

As a member of the stewards team, I am privy to all of the average driving here in our league, and TBH a vast majority of incidents appear to be caused by poor spacial awareness/failure to allow racing space.

All of the current League platforms have warning arrows telling you there is another driver close, and where it is in relation to you. PCars also has the option for the pit crew chief to tell you where and when a car is near you, which I personally find very helpful. I'm not sure if these assists can be turned off, but I think maybe we need to make it a rule that they should remain on.

There have been a number of instances where if just a little room was left, the attacking driver may not necessarily be able to make the pass, but at least both drivers would be able to continue on without incident. Or maybe they may have made the pass, but been on the wrong line for the turn and lost the position again.

My next point of concern is the lax attitude some people have recently shown regarding the rule about changing lines to try break a draft/block drivers. We have had a couple of borderline instances pass through the stewards group and feel it may need to be highlighted to ensure everyone is aware of what is allowed.

Directly quoting RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0:

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent a car behind from passing.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may make one tactful change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not swerve from side to side at any point of the track to prevent the following car from gaining the tow.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) must maintain a straight line when driving down a straight.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

As Stu has said many a time, this is a game, there are no sheep-stations, and a good clean battle (I think) can be just as rewarding and gratifying as a win. Some courtesy towards other drivers, a bit of common sense and a better awareness of what is going on around you will make yours and your fellow racers' night much more enjoyable, and take some of the load off the stewards for stuff that should not even be an issue.

Thankyou
    NAACS, CaptainRisky21 and incey like this.
  9. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Oh, what are the track limits for the corners with concrete layed down inside the corner with orange strips on them aka the banked hairpin?
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll have to have a close look and write it up in the briefing
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    :D
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 5
    - Maggiore - 45 laps - 1800 Sunny - 3/12 (Endurance Round)

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start after one timed qualifying lap completed by the field

(Map to be added)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. A question was asked about the hairpin. 2 wheels on the ripple strip is still the rule. Please be careful at the following left right sweeper, as if you run wide on the right hander, the wall can stop you dead at a certain point.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
    CaptainRisky21 and Knuckles like this.
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I’m out for tonight. Have a good one.
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Congrats to @Russell on a perfect round, well deserved!

Qually: couldn't get a fast lap together but managed 3rd, less than a tenth off russell on pole

Race: slowly but surely caught and passed russ in the first stint to take the lead. Was gaining in my fast areas more than he was in his and passed him just before i came in. Went for a completely different strategy than him though, no tyres and more fuel, which was a terrible move in hindsight. Emerged behind russ with @Bryan_F between us. Made short work of Bryan and just managed the gap to russ as best i could. By the second stop i was in second and 8 secs down. Took tyres but had to take less fuel than russ, so i emerged 2 secs behind, with @Knuckles between us. I passed him only to push too hard trying to catch russ and touched the grass on the exit of T4,slid across the track to gather it upon the grass on the other side of the track, straight into a protruding wall. Knucks and @Luckgoesmyway passed me, with Bryan close behind. I was 14 secs behind russ. Slowly caught back up and passed luck only for him to pit, and then worked on Knucks. Got round him with 2 to go and just held him off for the rest of the race. Extremely lucky to get 2nd in the end. Ended 10 secs behind russ.
    Russell, Motors560 and Knuckles like this.
  15. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Well that race was a total disaster. I wouldn't say i had bad pace but just not enough for the top contenders.

First of all well done Russell for the win you pretty much controlled that race. However the whole fuel debate comes up again, i don't want to be the guy constantly bringing this up but i can't work out how Knuckles does 25 laps on his first stint. I know Russell and Risky pitted lap 18 i pitted on 19 despite using fuel saving measures that i know work. I short shifted out of certain corners didn't trail brake and yet i could only save a lap of fuel. I can't work out why you're getting so much better fuel mileage than the rest of the field it's almost glitch like. I'd be interested to watch your full race to see if you doing anything notably different.

And also Luck on lap 2 or so it would be well appreciated if you didn't use me as a punching bag, You must have hit me nearly half a dozen times over 1-2 laps and then you didn't redress when you took me out.

Overall nothing went right i can't even do basic maths and under filled the car by a lap *facepalm.

Just fyi as well after this race the championship is now stupidly close, Did some numbers and there 5 different drivers who can realistically win.

Motors 94
    Knuckles 87
    Russell 81
    Bryan 79
    Risky 68

Including Drop Round
    Motors -10 = 84
    Knuckles -13 = 74
    Russell -7 = 74
    Bryan - 10 = 69
    Risky - 0 = 68
    Russell, CaptainRisky21 and Knuckles like this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Great race mate. Reakon i could of kept you at bay. On lap 44 my wheel paused going through the esses and gave you that run up the straight. Still very happy with 3rd. Especially to those who told me a one stop wasnt viable.
  17. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    you went well, congrats to the podium and all other runners who went the distance, was having a nice battle for 8th with 7/6/5/4 close ahead then scraped a wall that decided to jump out and stop me dead with damage to everything but the r/r on lap 2 and 30 odd seconds off the lead and 20 from the next car, made a little head way into gap 5sec i think but by this time i was pissed and was also testing if the wall would bite again, logged off after 10 laps
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Replay is free for all. Hour and a half video so grap some popcorn
    Spidey_11 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Was wondering why you were so slow, did a Russell lol
    Russell and Knuckles like this.
  20. Motors560