Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :poop: Sorry to hear stupid thing couldn't hold out just two more weeks! Hope you get something sorted soon
    marty likes this.
  2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Hopefully my G29 will hold out....

Anyway what an interesting start to a race! Was pretty relieved to hear Ed and Koastr were in another dimension during practice. I definitely remember hearing @marty admitting defeat on Thursday, thought it was odd for him to be so far off the pace....but I welcomed it haha.
    I didn't have a great quali, couldn't find a clean run/rhythm but my grid position didn't end up being too bad.
    The first stint of my race was so much fun again. Was a bit annoyed I couldn't capitalize on the Marty and Cherno contact on lap 1. Then positions 4 - 10 were so close before the first pit stop. Like last week had a really fun battle with @Cherno and somehow managed to keep him at bay for a while. He ended up giving me a tap which cost me a few places. Then I was behind @Mael for a bit and couldn't find a way through which again was super fun.
    Decided to try an over-cut but the lap after Mael went in the pits @KoAStR came out right in front of me on the next lap. In hindsight I should of tried to get past but didn't want to risk ruining his race. His cold tyres cost me some time and ended up losing places. Had a bit of a laugh with @krunch when we were both skating around on cold tyres. Mael ended up on the lawn somehow on the last lap so my eyes were like dinner plates and it was fun trying to see if I could get him.
    Great race guys, sucks for you Koastr but you could afford one bad race ;)
    Shout out to @pogz who came back from a holiday on the weekend and couldn't do any practice or find a setup 10 min before quali!

Oh and sorry about the bird noises - apparently on discord it sounded like I was sitting on a bird?? Not sure why it was coming through this race compared to the others, I think it was my paddle shifters. FYI the birds normally sits on me ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    c4rLo5, Mael, krunch and 3 others like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the Logitech wheels are best just clamped to a desk, have it mounted solid and stiff then the plastic bits take all the force and eventually break once they cant bend any more.

My G25 lasted years but I got sick of ripping it off the desk at times and so hard mounted it, that was when it started to go south. The G27 amazingly is bolted to the base with plastic screw mounts even weaked then the g25 and the internals are all plastic, using clamps these will fail and come off the desk saving it from being overloaded I think.

My first g27 I fully ripped the entire wheel off the rim, when I took it back to the shop logitech called me and said this was fairly common. All it needed was a new wheel center plate to bolt it on as it looked like very brittle plastic that failed way too easily but they replaced the full setup.

If you have it clamp mounted or mounted to a frame that flexes a bit you should be better off but mine is very stiff so the wheels took all the load and over time the plastic will crack if it gets too much regular load its not likely built to handle. :oops:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sounds like you're as hard on your wheel as I am on my shifter!!?!?!?!
    marty likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I've had my G25 hard mounted for years and all good (touch wood). Mount points are metal though and there's some flex in the GTxtreme rig if you're really pushing. Heck just imagining your driving stance must be elbows up and out eh?! Veins pulsating in the arms and boom stuffs busted. :roflmao: Gadooosh!
    [​IMG]
    Rolz, krunch and jlynn777 like this.
  6. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

He uses 1000% FFB
    krunch likes this.
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

@jlynn777 yeah it was a classic comedy of errors with us that lap :D, especially as I had accidentally left my pit stop set at no tyre change :whistling:.

My race was a bit messy. I was a bit unfocused due to external reasons. I didn't nail a lap in qualy and ended up 10th.

I had a good start but trod carefully through the first few turns. I managed to fluke it through the incident at T4 and ended up in P6 behind Rolz. A couple of laps later though I threw it away with a silly mistake at T4. Touched the grass and suddenly had to 'exit stage right' - right up to the wall actually. Dropped to about 14th with steam coming out of my ears. I pushed hard trying to claw back but didn't really make much ground. I tried to catch @c4rLo5 but couldn't quite get there and I eventually had to pit.

The tyres had held out pretty well but I thought a shiny new set of boots would be nice for the last half dozen laps. Buuuuuut it wasn't to be as some clown had forgotten to setup the tyres in the pitstop strategy (fire that guy right away!) So I went back back out on the luke-warm old things and had a merry dance with jlynn before letting him carry on with his nice new boots. Strangely I was now well in front of c4rLo5, so either my accidental strategy call got me a position - or he had an issue at some point. Mind you he almost got me by the last lap as I was slipping around so badly by then. In fact I was worried the right front was going to blow! Anyway, made it home in 11th.

Good racing guys. Catch you during the week for some prac hopefully. Oh and Congrats to Ed, Shaun and Rolz.
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Not the same story for me. I've been using a G27 for many years and not had any issues (touch wood). Solid as a rock. I use the metal hard mount points as well as the clamps. I used to have it hard mounted to a solid sim chassis. Now it's hard mounted to a solid desk :). Mind you I'm not the beefiest bloke around that's for sure :D
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Lol it wouldnt matter what ffb % you use and that level it would just be like a basic spring setup with all the clipping. I had mine set so it doesnt clip mostly around 70% no point clipping and losing all feel of progression.

I have ordered the accuforce so wonder how long it will take to come in but highly doubt I will have it before the weekend even if it said 1 day shipping lol. Still will need to do something about peddles and a shifter but may just use the logitech ones for a bit until I find something I want to get but I hadnt really looked into them as much yet.
    c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Sweet! :thumbsup: I'm keen to hear how the accuforce goes... between that and the OSW DYI I've hmm'ed and Ahh'ed... I'm a fan of turn key solutions so the accuforce was winning there.
    Well until Fanatec showed their new DD product... back in September, what's really disapointing is the SFA info on the device since then... :mad:
    If they don't provide any info in the new year I'll see what ur thoughts are on the accuforce... thankfully they look like they have decent wheel adapters for the Fanatec rims.
    Can't recommend enough the Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ1.5, sure I had recently issues with mine, but that was after 2 yrs of flawless operation.
    Pedals I'd recommend mine, but DSD hasn't made/scheduled another batch, if I were looking now I'd seriously consider the Heusinkveld range...
    c4rLo5 and marty like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

New wheel is on the way but I managed to temp fix my g27 :poop: with some duct tape and plastic scraps :D, it survived a test in PC2 and quite likely should be ok to use for a week or 2 or at least for the next round as I doubt the new one will be here by Monday.
  12. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Duct Tape and Chewing gum should fix just about anything :)
    marty and SUBGTRACER like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Should be a fun round would have loved a reverse grid race at this track as racing in the prac server in traffic has been quite fun.

No chance I will get my new wheel as the 1 day shipping I paid for makes no difference if it hasnt even been sent within 2 days or even likely this week. :rolleyes: I would be quite surprised if it comes by next week but at least it seems the g27 can hang in there with a work around if I need to restart the pc and calibrate the wheel.
    Anon666 and Bogor like this.
  14. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Tried another 2 practice session. So far (touch wood) it looks like my stability issues have been fixed, thanks to replacing all 4 sticks of DDR2 RAM with some that I had lying around from an old HTPC. Even picked up a fair bit of speed despite a lack of time to practice. May make the final round by the look of it now.
    Anon666 and Bogor like this.
  15. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Thanks for the awesome racing guys! Well done Koastr, pretty flawless season.
    Had a good arm wrestle with Godzilla for the first 10 or so laps.
    Decided to pit on lap 16 which worked well and bought me out much closer to whoever was in 7th. Although I must of accidentally changed to a different pitstop strategy when I was playing with fuel....so my tyres didn't get changed :cry: after the race I checked my strategy and I definitely had a tyre change saved. Pretty lonely race after that.

Looking forward to any fun races before next season starts :thumbsup:
    Anon666, c4rLo5, ed40t and 1 other person like this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Struggled in qual but got the mojo back pretty quick in the race.

Epic battle with @Cherno holding amazing pace just a wee mistake let me passed. Pushed hard on the few seconds gap to @ed40t who'd stormed off a bit after @Cherno stopped harrassing him. In roads were slow going..... Pit strategy worked a charm and came out in front managing to capitalise on Ed's cold tyres and was lucky enough to pull a gap just a bit bigger than Ed could erode in the remaining laps. Ed was forever lurking though, had to work hard to bring it home. :) WD mate on a great championship if not for a couple of pit miscalculations could have easily been a winning effort.

Apologies to @Neville aka Peter.Perigord I thought you were in discord and as didn't get a reaction to requesting the line into turn 1 figured you were going to go for it at race pace... then when you backed out a bit I wasn't sure what was the intention was and couldn't pull up early enough to get passed without a vigorous rubbing.

Gratz all thanks for another ripper season of racing. Hope to see the new guys back again next season.
    Thanks TTB best behind the scenes team no doubt great effort just falling short. WD TGM on another teams title just too consistently strong. And of course cheers @marty for some great battles and gratz on another championship podium.

[​IMG]
    Anon666, Peter Wise, Rolz and 4 others like this.
  18. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Great way to end the season, certainly had some really close battles! Heaps of fun. Thanks to Mael for a great race last night.
    Thanks Anon, KoAStR and QC for the management of the season! Stellar job well done!
    Congrats to KoAStR on taking the win for last night and the season.
    Thanks all for some brilliant races throughout the year!
    Bring on Season 14! :thumbsup:

If I don't see you online beforehand, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    :D
    Anon666, c4rLo5, Bogor and 4 others like this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Well done @KoAStR on another great season, worst position 2nd other then your connection issue. Good job to @ed40t who was silly quick all season but his pit crew and strategists where already on their christmas break during the season.

Here is Ed's crew chief describing the wrong tyres incident post race with the head mechanic in the background. :roflmao:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to all for a fun season and some fun racing practice servers too, will see you all in the next season and maybe some off season racing too.
    c4rLo5, jlynn777, Mael and 2 others like this.
  20. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Thanks to the organisers and the racers for another awesome season, i know how much all of us loved this car! Shout out to my team PRT blokes great season fellas considering how strong some of the other teams are! Congrats to Koastr just shows how dominant he really is with the quality and competitive fields that show up on race day.

I was quite happy with winning race 1 out of the pits.... haha but I pulled out my best lap on lap 2 and then over drove it trying to beat it. Had a good start but had Cherno all over me and the first two laps I was thinking fark, this is gonna be a hard race. Im not sure what happened but I managed to get a gap after a few laps, I noticed Koastr passed cherno and the mental games began. I was too busy worrying about K's times and I was not nailing my laps and it showed he was gaining a few tenths every lap. Went into pits, came out behind Koastr and he was just too good I couldn't make any time back on him. Race fitness is really good there Koastr! haha. I tried all the way to the last lap to catch him but no dice. Also had to be careful marty was close behind aswell, made up a heap of time man!

Just a tip for pete perigod, would have been nice to give us both some room mate, Im not sure if u where aware though but when your putting in 100% to catch a guy and then you get your rhythm disturbed by someone not going for a race win its really soul destroying!! At the end of the day it is just a game and I'm not upset but just thought i'd let you know for the future :p Guys like Marty and Jlynn will have you hung drawn and quartered haha

I've just changed jobs fellers so not sure if I will make next season see how we go. Will try to jump on the v8 servers though as they are fun as!

Cheers.
    KoAStR, Anon666, c4rLo5 and 2 others like this.