PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Come on dj, don't be like that. What about all the good racing that's been had? Don't let a few incidents spoil the majority of the fun :(
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Nah mate I'm out. I don't spend hours a week practising so I can be competitive only to have it completely :):):):)ed up by someone who not only runs me right off the road but doesn't even admit fault. Twice in one race. Screw that for a joke. If I was interested in that I'd race in public lobbies with the rest of the crash kids.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    did you protest?
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Of course I did. Stewards group got it dead wrong. Another reason I'm not racing.
  5. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    This is why you need to play call of duty mid week
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    send me a PM with the vid if you would like my unbiased opinion
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks Hat but there's no point. I've already decided not to race, the damage has well and truly been done. The fact that these incidents occurred in the first place with zero accountability from him, coupled with the fact that the stewards group can get it so wrong, has been enough to put me off RaceOnOz.
  8. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    @dj2ca Will you be doing championship tables still? I’m willing to do them if you don’t want too
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yes Dj has said he will continue to do the tables.
    Anthonyb and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, so had a run today and checked the settings and i did have it set to "rain" for qual...Apologies to all, my mistake
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]
    garyw61 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys...i hope you have had a chance to do some prac for this round.....the live track is quite a thing !
    THIS IS IN ADDITION TO DRIVER BRIEFING !

[​IMG]

IF you havent done many laps, there are puddles that form at TURN 1, SOMETIMES TURN 4, A RIVER ON THE LEFT SIDE ENTRY TO 10, A RIVER AT TIMES THROUGH 14 AND A BIG PUDDLE ON THE INSIDE OF 16 !

- QUAL : your fastest lap will prob come in the first 2...i have only seen once where the track actually dried a little for the last lap. Please be aware of this and it may be worthwhile trying to set your fastest with just a minute to go

- RACE: The first stint is thunderstorm, so it puddles up pretty quick, but each room MAY be different.... PLEASE BE CAREFUL LAP 1 ! From lap 5 it starts to dry but you will still need to be aware of changes to the puddles. The last 2 weather slots (laps 13-23) fluctuates between very wet and drying.

- IF YOU SPIN : please be careful of rejoining it traffic or where faster cars are coming up on you.

- If you are passing someone, you need to take responsibility for avoiding puddles to make the pass....REALLY NEED TO USE YOUR HEADS GUYS......THERE IS PLENTY OF GRIP, BUT IT DOES CHANGE LAP TO LAP IN TERMS OF PUDDLES....

Really is a fantastic system, but need to be on your toes.
    Stu
    Jim_aka_The_Man, SuiCid3 and garyw61 like this.
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I didn't get quali times. Anybody got it?
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    No replay this week as I got the 1GB limit again.

A little bit disappointed with my race this week as I had a little more pace during the practise sessions throughout the week.
    Dunno why, but I just wasn't feeling the car in the second half of the race and the guys in front just pulled away while I was making little mistakes and had no confidence in the car.

Qualy: 8th.
    Had to contend with the kids still awake and the little one wanting to play with the wheel and pedals.
    Was expecting to be more at the front with a 53 definitely achievable.
    Unfortunately my one flying lap wasn't linked up properly and I lost too much time. Second lap, last chance, but took T1 completely wrong so had to pull out and let @stucar17 past and that was it. Had to settle for 8th.

Race: Rolling start due to @Jim_aka_The_Man DSC.
    Was hoping to be able to gain a few positions at the start, but no chance with the rolling start.
    Had @garyw6 spin in front of me at the last chicane and had to run wide left to avoid.
    Then @disturboed spun a few laps later. Then followed @Bounty05 and @Telum around while the leaders slowly pulled away.
    @Telum eventually had his spin as well so that left me chasing @Bounty05 on my own.
    Only had one good chance to overtake when bounty ran wide at T4 but he recovered well to keep in front.
    Eventually the rain came back and that's when I started losing confidence in the car and bounty started pulling away.
    Compounded with little mistakes, that also allowed familiar to close right in.
    Managed to pull a little gap back to familiar whilst a charging disturbo and gary was closing in on him.
    Gary passed familiar with a few laps to go and was reeling me in with less than a second coming into the last lap.
    I only needed to keep it clean and out of the puddles and that would be enough to keep him behind me hopefully.
    Coming up to the last chicane and I get a terrible exit out of T15. Gaz comes charging up the inside and has twice the speed over me but ends up pulling out due to puddle allowing me to keep 5th.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job last night lads...
    Hadnt been on a lot through the week, so a sunday morn prac was needed however it did nothing for my pace against @truss1984 ! Was hopeful it would get me near the front......

Qual we all knew we had to get straight out so i pushed like buggery on the outlap to get some heat in the tyres and was in behind truss and @SuiCid3 ..... I managed to get a reasonable banker lap and then just hoped it would be enough..... sat on top for a lap, but Truss showed his hand and took the pole....well done mate

When Jim DSC in between qual and the race we made a quick call to restart with a rolling start. Thanks for everyones patience....Good job everyone getting the grid set and truss did a great job in getting us started.

First lap i just wanted to defend 2nd, and had @Jim_aka_The_Man right up the tail pipe.....he followed at about .6 to 1 sec behind for the first 10 or so laps, while truss slowly edged away. I knew i didnt have the pace to catch and pressure him so settled in trying to stay close enough if he made a mistake while @Bounty05 nty and @Jim_aka_The_Man started their little battle which gave me some breathing space. It stayed that way till the end, so well done to truss for the win and bounty for rounding out the podium. Was tough race, and as far as i know everyone got through cleanly.

On to Indy road for the twilight race, great little track so should be a great race
    Stu

EDIT....should say too, great to see @ned83 back after having his knee op....great job mate
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  18. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Thanks to all for the restart, game sat on the end of qualy screen for a while then went to the main screen, definitely got the heart rate going.

Had a good race, only 1 spin after following @stucar17 a bit too hard early on. It showed later in the race as @Bounty05 closed in on me, the pressure mounted and I was all over the place. He broke late into T1, and had to take avoiding action, but within a few corners was back on my tail. I could feel every little slip & slide and could feel a big one coming.

With around 5 laps to go, Bounty went through and I thought I'd have a better shot following him and keeping the pressure up. All credit to him, he kept his head down as I tried to make myself as big as possible in his mirrors and it was a great battle to the finish.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R6. INDY ROAD - TWILIGHT RACE
    - 32 LAPS - 1/7/17
    Qualifying @ 7pm - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 8pm - light cloud / clear / light cloud / clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Only 2 weeks of the season to go and all 4 championships look like they will go down to the wire. GREAT JOB by everyone last week, i think its the first race this season we didn't have a protest in....wet round, go figure ;) o_O :confused: :)

So, Indy road.....Great little track, fast with a few spots to pass....
    PLEASE take notice of the following :
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where you can cut to gain an advantage. Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty. I will be asking captains and all drivers to be aware of this....
    - Track limits need to be closely observed through T1, the 5 and 6 chicane, The entry to T10 and the entry to T12.

CONTACT : Good job last week guys.... Obvious spots here are the big brake zones as Turn 1 (brake at about the 500m board up on fence - left side) , TURN 7 (use the gap in the fence on the right side, or second brake marker on right hand side on the ground).

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....can be frustrating, especially if you've gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !
    - IF someone DSC from qual and cant get back in time, or there is a clear race start issue, good to set up fresh room with rolling start, qual order from former session
    - Add lap to race distance
    - Drivers stop before T1 and grid up in order
    - Once in order, lead car drives at approx 100klms
    - Lead car starts race Between final corner and start line
    - NO PASSING OR OVERLAP TILL START LINE

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    SOME PEOPLE STILL SAYING THEY DONT HAVE ROOM TO SAVE ANYTHING..... you need to clear some replays !!

SEX :
    That got your attention !
    Dont forget as well the prize draw for gold members that will be drawn at the end of the year : http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

PAGNIAN DISCOUNT CODES for members :
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/exclusive-members-only-offers.57/

Thanks stu
    Jim_aka_The_Man, garyw61 and SuiCid3 like this.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca