PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Did a simulated run just now with 10 minute qualy.
    Only went on track with 4 minutes to go and managed a 52.8
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, so had a run today and checked the settings and i did have it set to "rain" for qual...Apologies to all, my mistake
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  4. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    See you guys tonight , have fun .
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys...i hope you have had a chance to do some prac for this round.....the live track is quite a thing !
    THIS IS IN ADDITION TO DRIVER BRIEFING !

[​IMG]

IF you havent done many laps, there are puddles that form at TURN 1, SOMETIMES TURN 4, A RIVER ON THE LEFT SIDE ENTRY TO 10, A RIVER AT TIMES THROUGH 14 AND A BIG PUDDLE ON THE INSIDE OF 16 !

- QUAL : your fastest lap will prob come in the first 2...i have only seen once where the track actually dried a little for the last lap. Please be aware of this and it may be worthwhile trying to set your fastest with just a minute to go

- RACE: The first stint is thunderstorm, so it puddles up pretty quick, but each room MAY be different.... PLEASE BE CAREFUL LAP 1 ! From lap 5 it starts to dry but you will still need to be aware of changes to the puddles. The last 2 weather slots (laps 13-23) fluctuates between very wet and drying.

- IF YOU SPIN : please be careful of rejoining it traffic or where faster cars are coming up on you.

- If you are passing someone, you need to take responsibility for avoiding puddles to make the pass....REALLY NEED TO USE YOUR HEADS GUYS......THERE IS PLENTY OF GRIP, BUT IT DOES CHANGE LAP TO LAP IN TERMS OF PUDDLES....

Really is a fantastic system, but need to be on your toes.
    Stu
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Had another shocker last night sorry if I spun you on the last corner slambo I really wasn't sure we touched lap 3. Just can't get the pace out of this car so another lonely one.
    v8power383 likes this.
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

It’s all good jason, I did that on my own caught the puddle on the inside curb
    Was a tough race I was away since Thursday and Never got a chance to test the new track settings, those puddles caught me out a lot thanks for that Stu, haha, nah it’s all good I’m happy with 5th
    well done rhino and podium,
    Anthonyb and v8power383 like this.
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  9. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Sorry guys , got on a bender .

Hope the race went well .
    Anthonyb and v8power383 like this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Oh really dam wish I didn't redress then lost heaps of time as I cruised to t4 before you caught up.
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Ohh damn sorry mate, at the time I didn’t even know who was beside me just tried to take advantage of all the chaos before the chicane almost worked too..
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Qualified 4th which was a bit of a surprise, got a decent start and tried to hang around the outside of @Kart-No-1 at T3, but he got ahead and I tried slotting back onto the apex and tangled with Slambo instead. Picked up a few spots when theee cars went off at the final chicane and then a few laps later Mike spun as well which left me chasing @nigegunz for the win. Props to nige for staying glued to my bumper the whole race, showed great pace and one mistake from me would have seen you take the lead. Managed to tip toe around the track for 23 laps and claimed an important win with Slambo finishing just 5th. The championship is suddenly very tight up top.....

What about the chaos you caused at T3 when you nearly turned me around lap1!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R6. INDY ROAD - TWILIGHT RACE
    - 32 LAPS - 1/7/17
    Qualifying @ 7pm - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 8pm - light cloud / clear / light cloud / clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Only 2 weeks of the season to go and all 4 championships look like they will go down to the wire. GREAT JOB by everyone last week, i think its the first race this season we didn't have a protest in....wet round, go figure ;) o_O :confused: :)

So, Indy road.....Great little track, fast with a few spots to pass....
    PLEASE take notice of the following :
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where you can cut to gain an advantage. Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty. I will be asking captains and all drivers to be aware of this....
    - Track limits need to be closely observed through T1, the 5 and 6 chicane, The entry to T10 and the entry to T12.

CONTACT : Good job last week guys.... Obvious spots here are the big brake zones as Turn 1 (brake at about the 500m board up on fence - left side) , TURN 7 (use the gap in the fence on the right side, or second brake marker on right hand side on the ground).

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....can be frustrating, especially if you've gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !
    - IF someone DSC from qual and cant get back in time, or there is a clear race start issue, good to set up fresh room with rolling start, qual order from former session
    - Add lap to race distance
    - Drivers stop before T1 and grid up in order
    - Once in order, lead car drives at approx 100klms
    - Lead car starts race Between final corner and start line
    - NO PASSING OR OVERLAP TILL START LINE

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    SOME PEOPLE STILL SAYING THEY DONT HAVE ROOM TO SAVE ANYTHING..... you need to clear some replays !!

SEX :
    That got your attention !
    Dont forget as well the prize draw for gold members that will be drawn at the end of the year : http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

PAGNIAN DISCOUNT CODES for members :
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/exclusive-members-only-offers.57/

Thanks stu
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I wonder if I’m the only person who actually reads these briefs
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i would hope that everyone would read them...should put in one week "if you dont run car #?? you will lose all your points" ! or something to that effect. WOuld soon tell us !
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  18. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    How good is this place , champions all of you from all devisions Super respectful, really happy to to be apart of it , just a big thank you to all involved.

I have been playing racing games and online shooters for years but have not seen anything like this within a community , racing games just don't have this .
    Once again I can get on any day of the week with people from any given devision and enjoy every minute of it .
    It's pretty special for me . May sound strange from a old guy like me but at the end of the day it gives my online experience a
    Pretty meaningful experience that can't be matched.

My first season has been :):):):) as a driver but everything else has been sublime .
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    for those of you yet to hear, the new patch has hit and available to download....

i have tested very briefly this morning, and it would seem that the tyre model has changed, giving some pretty high temps for this weeks round at Indy Road.

I am planning on doing a few race runs tonight, and may look at changing the date to get a cooler than 57* track temp to keep the tyres in check a little more....

If really keen for a run tonight let me know, or keep an eye out for me online from about 9 sydney time.
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Is it too late to validate if pit stops are now viable?
    Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.