GT Sport Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Ooh, last 2 rounds will be interesting
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Another different winner. Well done russ. 4 from 5. Best div going around. Any reason there isnt a defending champion in the lower divs?
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 5 Results
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]

13. SPMotorNZ (RQ)
    [​IMG]
    SPMotorNZ 1:58.251
    emmo46 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  4. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Well done Russell great race and to the podium. For me a mixed night missed pole by a tiny margin and started 2nd. The first few laps were hectic lots of passing and contact. As for not redressing motors I can can only think that you are talking about turn 1 exit, maybe after you watch the replay you will see that you dropped a wheel on the grass and I did well not to hit you, perhaps you are talking about something else, please feel free to post the incident so others can judge.
    Russell and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

@Bryan_F looks like you may have to start hosting all the divs. Lol
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Can we have a race that we dont have to restart cause someone got stuck on grid? That would be nice.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Bryan, You made me work the old brain though as I had to calculate race times from the gaps in the results. If you take an image of the results after the race it will have the actual race times, not the gaps.
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    No wasn't turn 1 i believe it was turn 4 where you hit me off the track and both yourself and Knuckles got by. Saying that that was one of many on that lap just be more careful next time. I was more annoyed because it was 2-3 of a 45 lap race
  9. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Ok I’ll have a look, but from memory I was down the inside and just held it as tight as I could.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Think you are thinking of the two right handers in last sector. I remember ducking up the inside of you both. Sweet move by me. Lol
    Mezign likes this.
  11. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    First laps were a tad aggressive from some, especially for a 45 lap race. I haven't watched the replay, but I got smacked hard from Blue_Yonda who just move over into me on the exit of turn one forcing me on the green stuff. I'm sure he was probably just managing his space too racing with someone else on his inside.

Dropped a few places early and held back from the Knuckles train at the start. Was pretty confident I had a better long game strategy than those in front, and had the pace for potentially 4th overall. Bryan's strategy caught me out. I'd been watching everyone in practice and was sure only Knuckles and myself were 1 stopping. I think 5th would have been realistic if I didn't mess up with the micro nap and take Norm out in the first stint. Lost about 7 seconds there, changed tyres by mistake in the stop costing me another 4-5sec, and had a weird high speed snap on the second last lap in the esses that lost me another few seconds. Could have been close at the end.

Well done top 3, crazy pace. Really need to dust off the cobwebs. Haven't done a league race in years, and never on console with a controller. Feels very weird. lol
  12. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

I stayed behind after that incident
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I know. That was the one where i gor past.
  14. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Very happy with the clean sweep last night. It was really fun battling with risky in the first stint. A little bit better/luckier strategy put me be back in front of risky. I managed to do the the fastest lap of the race on my in lap before my second pit. Managing to keep me out in first just ahead of knuckles. I didn't actually know it was knuckles on the map lol. I was surprised to came out in first lol. When I seen it was knuckles I knew he would be fuel saving and had older tires and I had fresh tires and plenty of fuel. Also risky came out behind knuckle taking even more pressure of me. From there on I felt pretty good. Just cruised it home. For once lol.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    CaptainRisky21 and Knuckles like this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    lol
    Russell likes this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

No fuel saving in second stint saved plenty the first time round didnt even fill it up in the pits. I had a 3 second off on your in lap. But it would of been inevitable you had to much speed. Was kind of hoping you would "do a russell" but you were all over it like a fat kid on cake. Great win
    CaptainRisky21, Russell and emmo46 like this.
  17. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Obviously giving your foot time to heal, shooting it every other week hasn't helped lol
    holdenman05 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Have you watched the replay yet? I have. At no point did I hit you off the track, at no point did I and Knuckles pass you at the same time, the only thing I can find is when you messed up your exit of t4 and I got a run down the hill into t5. You turn into me and I take the place with you just behind. I understand people get emotional, but when you post “ didn’t redress” with no evidence to back it up that’s not on. If you really feel that I cost you a better result then protest, if not apologise.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 6
    - Dragon Trail - 27 laps - 1000 Fine - 10/12

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

(Map to be added)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.