PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R6. INDY ROAD - TWILIGHT RACE
    - 32 LAPS - 1/7/17
    Qualifying @ 7pm - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 8pm - light cloud / clear / light cloud / clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Only 2 weeks of the season to go and all 4 championships look like they will go down to the wire. GREAT JOB by everyone last week, i think its the first race this season we didn't have a protest in....wet round, go figure ;) o_O :confused: :)

So, Indy road.....Great little track, fast with a few spots to pass....
    PLEASE take notice of the following :
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where you can cut to gain an advantage. Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty. I will be asking captains and all drivers to be aware of this....
    - Track limits need to be closely observed through T1, the 5 and 6 chicane, The entry to T10 and the entry to T12.

CONTACT : Good job last week guys.... Obvious spots here are the big brake zones as Turn 1 (brake at about the 500m board up on fence - left side) , TURN 7 (use the gap in the fence on the right side, or second brake marker on right hand side on the ground).

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....can be frustrating, especially if you've gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !
    - IF someone DSC from qual and cant get back in time, or there is a clear race start issue, good to set up fresh room with rolling start, qual order from former session
    - Add lap to race distance
    - Drivers stop before T1 and grid up in order
    - Once in order, lead car drives at approx 100klms
    - Lead car starts race Between final corner and start line
    - NO PASSING OR OVERLAP TILL START LINE

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    SOME PEOPLE STILL SAYING THEY DONT HAVE ROOM TO SAVE ANYTHING..... you need to clear some replays !!

SEX :
    That got your attention !
    Dont forget as well the prize draw for gold members that will be drawn at the end of the year : http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

PAGNIAN DISCOUNT CODES for members :
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/exclusive-members-only-offers.57/

Thanks stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Hi D4 ... I will need to miss the Last 2 rounds due to travel .. gl all ... and cu in the next season !
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :( bad luck you missed mate ... safe travels !
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    for those of you yet to hear, the new patch has hit and available to download....
    i have tested very briefly this morning, and it would seem that the tyre model has changed, giving some pretty high temps for this weeks round at Indy Road.

I am planning on doing a few race runs tonight, and may look at changing the date to get a cooler than 57* track temp to keep the tyres in check a little more....

If really keen for a run tonight let me know, or keep an eye out for me online from about 9 sydney time.
    PaulCox and Ad2mny like this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    gota extend my bed time no wonder been missing ya online
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    been driving for 2 weeks with a broken finger as well, so havent been on as much as normal
    PaulCox likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone....after testing last night we have come up with a much better, non tyre melting date etc for this weeks race,....
    race date is now 1/10/17
    Qual at 5pm
    Race start at 6pm

The tyre temp were heaps better, front left got to about 110 before dropping down again.....Track temp at about 31*

Other things we found were
    - Seemed to be more slip stream
    - The rear of the car was a little looser it seemed...
    - If you have PS Pro you can adjust the graphic / framerate levels in options
    - There were drivers who had a different level of fuel it seemed for qual....we dont have a work around for this at the moment, nor do we know why it's happened.
    - we didn't test the pit stops to see if any change, however i have seen somewhere written that having 'manual pit stops on' can have an effect on what happens in the pit lane. We will test this after the season to see if we can get it to work
    - Kart has a direct line to Ryan Story

Will be testing again later tonight after work xmas party, hopefully with a full race distance, if any changes will let you know....
    Stu
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Mental picture....:eek:
    We might be able to delay 10-15 mins if everyone agrees?
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    have you been hacked @annelorrianne ??
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  12. annelorrianne

annelorrianne Rookie

Looks like it, thanks poppin your the best son. No wonder he kept telling me to check the forum for updates on the race for sunday.
  13. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Put in 4 or 5 hours over the last 2 days....cant crack the 1:29:00 for anything
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I’m about to go on if you want a hand
    PaulCox likes this.
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    champ, just gota take these dogs for a walk so they leave me the :):):):) alone...catch ya sometime this evening :)
  16. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Weird i have had no new patch? what no is it? maybe it already did it to me behind the scenes. Tried manually and says up to date.
    RHINO11 likes this.
  17. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Anyone on for practice tonight?
    PaulCox likes this.
  18. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    yep :) illbe on next halfa
  19. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    wow. What is the go with tyre wear on this track? Running down before my eyes each lap. Lasted 3 laps! Crazy! What's the go with that. I've never seen anything like it. Any ideas?
  20. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Its a glitch that happens occasionally. I had it today when my front right lasted about 5 laps.

@stucar17