GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Minkihl tune turned 1:45 into 1:41 for me (practise in that time helped too!), can get 1:40.8 on good laps.

This is first track I decided to go cold turkey to TCS0, I might experiment going back to TCS3 to see if it has made any difference...and still might play with brake bias a bit...

Even if TCS doesn't help lap time, it might help consistancy...so I am still in 2 minds...

That last chicane is so hard to be consistant, I am coming out of there at 190-200 most times, though when I nail it I am 210. Watching Minkihls 1:35 lap, he connects the previous left with the entry of this chicane for one long sweeping left, keeping the weight on the RHS of the car, but i just can't do it - not entering at same speed i guess, always end up with a bit of straight in the middle. Anyone else watched it?
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    With the very little practise I've had this week, I've managed low 1.40's. It's going to be tough to break below 1.40. Top 5 / 6 are below 1.40 consistently which makes it a good challenge for us to be the goal to aim for.
    Hope for a few stacks and might squeeze into the top 5
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Geez, I'm in the 42's :(
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Are you using Minkihl's tune?
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Nope, I think I might give it a try
  6. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Unfortunately not going to make it tonight.
    Been a very busy first week (haven't practiced much at all) at a new job and still have a stack of work to do before tomorrow morning.
    Good luck to all, hope it's a cracker.
  7. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Results below as I know cab is keen to see them :laugh:
    Forgot to capture the qualifying times but amazingly I got pole with a 1:38.5XX. I think there were 4 of us in the 1:38's.
    Will not talk about my race yet. Still a tad disappointed... ;)

Result:
    [​IMG]

Fastest laps:
    [​IMG]
    CAB77 likes this.
  8. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I will get Green Terrors lap time tomorrow. He lost connection on lap 25
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Another awesomely clean frist set of corners and no visible network issues, aside from Green Terrors DC.
    Qual - Wasn't the greatest qual. Got 8th. Just couldn't find my groove.
    Race - As mentioned at the top, the first 2 corners were wonderfully clean. Managed to snag 5th after the 4th corner. Luckily for us @NAACS had a stack gifting us 3 / 4.
    Had a really wonderfully battle with @jcprater for what felt like 10000 laps.. Managed to finally take @jc, but lost it wide on the last corner and that was when I lost 3rd. Was stoked to be that high given the top 5 racers are quite a bit quicker.
    Luckily it was only a small time loss, and slid back into 6th. I managed to catch back up to @jc and have yet again another battle. However it was not to be and stacked it on the chicane and dropped back to 7th.
    Now it was time to battle with @jonesy. At this point people were beginning to pit, but I didn't want to drop spots so I pitted when @jonesy decided too. Took only fuel no tires, gaining 3 spots to 4th. That was the end of that battle. Looking at the position list I saw that @NAACS was making some serious time and after nudging the tail into the chichane he took me on the next corner. At this point with about 4 laps left and quite a good strong lead over 6th and @NAACS pulling away I went into safe racing mode to maintain good times and position. Very happy to take 5th. Best position all season.
    Happy that my racing is getting more consistent.
    Kind of looking forward to next week but it is Intergalos...
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    CAB77, Jcp and pat65 like this.
  10. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Another excellent race from all I feel. Qualifying was intense with the top 4 swapping every time across the line. I binned my last lap in the chicane so I ended up 4th. Well done to @pat65 for taking pole.

Got an ok start into the first chicane. Held my position which is all I wanted to do. Made a huge error going down into the first hairpin running myself off the road into the sand. Got back on track in last place. From there I just wanted to lap clean to see where I could get. Took a few laps to get through the field. Made some good passes along the way with some very good clean side by side racing with a few. When I got into 3rd I realised Naacs was not in front with @pat65 leading the race and @Ozglenn in 2nd. I just couldn't catch the 2 in front I tried and only made up a few seconds. Lap 14 Pat made an error in the fast chicane this put Glenn in the lead but he rubbed the wall on the exit and I was able to get on his rear bar. For the next few laps Glenn and I were swapping positions for the lead. It was awesome racing with us only touching the once.

I pitted on lap 17 with Glenn 1 second behind me. I only took fuel hoping Glenn would change tyres. I came out of the pits with at least 5 seconds lead. I was able to manage the gap and not take too many risks. Glenn was catching towards the end but he was just too far back to put pressure on me. I was very surprised by my race last night. 15 hours before I was just getting home after my companies xmas party. Head had been hurting all day. Surprising what a bit of adrenaline will do lol.
  11. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Apologies for that drama last night Gents :(, operating on limited info yesterday after getting in from a weekend away ( Completely my fault ) and only found this forum after the race!. Didn't have the disc space for the notification to arrive. Rooting around in the PSN Friends list not the GT Sport lobby to find you guys, then no Porsche in my car list for selection after race entry!! WTF. All whilst never being in a lobby, league or having an online PSN Friends list and no microphone to boot.

Appreciate the patience from all and will be better prepared next time. Watched the race, looked great and from what I saw happy to be the rear bookend for a while til up to speed. Cheers.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    AroGantz likes this.
  12. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_

All good mate. If you're on during the week look for a room with us in it and we can help with anything you need,
    Inzyman likes this.
  13. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Will pick up a mic through the week and we can catch up, again I know I was holding up all the blokes and felt pretty bad. Enough said and some mid week stuff will be cool.....
  14. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'm on every night for a few laps. So if you pick up a mic look for my party chat and we will get you ready to race and have some fun on Sunday.
    Inzyman likes this.
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    if he isn't hungover
    CAB77 likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It didn't seem to make a difference last night. .
  17. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    BaHahahahaha - Naacs is in Div 4!!

Sorry - - just couldn't help myself.
    pat65, AroGantz, Kieran_B33 and 2 others like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    and he didn't even win
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  19. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Had my first spin in a league race, amazed that I wasn't last! Was following Terror, he slid into the chicane leaading up the hill, and i followed the slide off the track into the sand...

After practising on saturday and not being able to do much better than 1:42, i gave up early, and was very pleased to find my times getting quicker and quicker on Sunday night. Pre saturday, I could get low 1:40 occassionally, even on low fuel my best was 1:40.004. I got a few laps quicker than that in race, including a 1:39.499. Amazing what a bit of real adrenaline does for your concentration!

I was slowly losing the gap of 2-3 seconds to @Matthyus behind me, and I saw naacs was behind him - so was watching my mirror closely! Sorry to @NAACS who eventually caught me, when I came out of the chiacane slow i tried to move over for him on the straight up the hill but he had the same idea and I saw him disappear in my mirror again - I figured he would be back, I left him plenty of room and held off throttle a while for him to get cleanly past next lap.

After passing a few people off track from mistakes, i stayed mid pack for a while, and was even 3rd for a while due to pitting a lap or 2 later than most. I was just being a little conservative on my tyres because they were starting to slip - but with the low fuel, I was getting my best lap times - I saw no reason to pit early. I considered not replacing tyres, but thought there was too many laps to go, and they would reach that magical line where laps are a good 4-5 seconds slower due to having to be soooo careful. As it turns out, maybe I should have skipped tyres, because I spun out on my first lap out, and I saw @Matthyus a few seconds in front!

Wrestled with Terror after exiting pits in front of him but he nudged in front of me, then I went off track. After going off in the sand for so long, I was surprised to not be in last, but got back on, and figured with fresh tyres and half fuel I could get a few nice laps in and capitalise on anyones mistakes. Turns out Terror didn't pit till lap 22 (?) or so, and he came out of the pits a few seconds ahead of me. We both had corners we beat each other in, but I eventually overtook nice and clean, I will have to watch the replay to remind me where! After that, he must have made a mistake somewhere and dropped back to 10-12 seconds behind me for a few laps, and I saw him disappear at lap 25, wasn't sure if quit or dc at the time!

So it turns out a spin doesn't have to mean game over, still had a few good fights, and i nailed that last chicane better than I thoughht I would, taking way more risk than I should have, finding an earlier point midway to start turning right that made it a lot easier.

Well done all!
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    It made him worse, he had to get through the mid pack and get me all excited about racing a front runner, which could only end in tears...... Until I passed CAB at the lag corner I was doing OK, once again sticking with the pack but then a major dose of adrenaline made me loop it coming out of the chicane, made a couple of more mistakes out of frustration and who do I see coming up behind me? naacs of course so I figure I'll just follow him.... and I managed too for a couple of corners until that damn adrenaline came in again..... I think it unbalances the car since I always seem to loop it when it arrives..... Ok, deep breath, I'm only 16 seconds behind Ant and Terror so I'll take my pit and run for home, it all worked pretty good after that as I had no traffic and a 36 second deficit to make up I just put in the hard yards, Ant came out of the pits 1.8 seconds ahead of me and it was on, we had a good clean battle for a couple of laps with me diving deep at the hairpin before the chicane, unfortunately a little too deep which had us nearly side by side going into the chicane with Ant having the line in so I had to wait until the main straight where I got past and just concentrated on lapping as fast and clean as I could which was enough to get me 8th after Terror dc'd.

And on another note, @incey, what time zone are you in mate?
    emmo46, pat65 and NAACS like this.