GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hello, the general host is @Bluemoon and his PSN is X-3vi1m00n, alternate host @Zachery is Zharvs92. You will need those at the least or you wan't find the room.
    My PSN is the same as my id here emmo46. As for the others you can see their PSNs in the various results images posted throughout this thread. You can see which are the guys who run most rounds and it would be wise to get them on your PSN friends list.
    Being a reserve at the moment would put you in every round as we seem to have dropped to around 10 regular competitors so I would be confident in being able to run in all the remaining races. There are rounds 6 and 7 to go and round 4 was postponed so will probably be run early in January.
  2. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    G'day mate you have been added to the PSN group for this division so if you add every member in that conversation you should be right. Sorry can't help you with the reserve question but I assume you will be notified prior to the event.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    seems like your questions have been answered! as for the reserve thing, just assume there is space and ask on the night. Normally I will post in the division chat on psn that spots are still available. If you don't want to have your ps4 on waiting, get the ps messaging app on your phone so you can see the groups messages and you can jump on straight away
  4. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Thanks guys, I'll add everyone I need to tonight. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the racing.
    Hatfield, Zachery, Kieran_B33 and 2 others like this.
  5. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    One more question, are all races for this season in the 911 RSR?
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes
    Te_Wheke likes this.
  7. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Might not make it this Sunday..My wheel bricked last night after just over a month of use, hopefully it gets swapped over quick.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what wheel is it?
  9. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    T300 mate, it's gone. Won't even power up
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Use the pad
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 6
    - Dragon Trail - 27 laps - 1000 Fine - 10/12

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

(Map to be added)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Love this track :whistling:
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  14. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I can
    Hatfield likes this.
  15. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    I won't be able to race tonight guys. Good luck to everyone!
  16. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Good race tonight, can keep up on the faster areas of the track but still cant work out the slower corners, lose about 1-2 secs a lap. Annoying that i cocked up one corner on the last lap to slump to last place again. Well done to everyone looked pretty clean racing. I crashed 3 times in one lap but otherwise was pretty smooth.
    razor4797 likes this.
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Pole lap footage:

Absolutely thrilled with tonight’s race, thoroughly enjoyed that one.
    Just snatched pole position in the dying minutes again (bit of a habit doing that ;)) over Hatfield and Vanzr.

Was a fairly average jump off the line but I still held the lead into the first corner with CAGM making up a few spots and slotting in behind me.
    CAGM made a move on me after getting a nice run through the chicanes and passed me into the final corner, however a good tow down the straight allowed me to sneak back past around the outside of the first corner.

Hatfield joined the party and it turned into a 3-way fight for the lead, right before CAGM got very unlucky and snagged the wall at the chicane. This let Hatfield through and he immediately put the pressure on me, eventually passing me a few laps later.
    We continued to battle and swap positions until lap 14 when he pitted.

I stayed out on track and pushed as hard as I could to get the most out of the tyres and low fuel.
    On lap 18 I pulled into the pits for a top up of fuel and some fresh tyres. When I exited the pits I found myself 3 seconds ahead of Hatfield... The strategy had paid off.

Hatfield pushed hard and was slowly but surely catching me until he too hit the wall at the chicane. This left me plenty of breathing room and I could coast the car home to take the chequered flag.

Just wanna say thanks to @Hatfield for that intense yet very clean fight for the lead, that’s what we aim to do here :D.
    Also quick praise to @skintsaint for your behaviour under what would be blue-flag conditions, well done there mate.

Cheers again guys, will see you next week :thumbsup:
    vanzr, arakasi-, Te_Wheke and 3 others like this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It was a good battle

I was worried on saturday after doing a little practice and seeing some div 4 guys in the 38's when I was having trouble hitting the 39's
    Come qualifying, it sort of clicked and the 39's were consistently possible. I had provisional pole early, but @vanzr put in a cracking time, then I bettered it a few seconds later and finally @razor4797 took pole... from memory I was 0.07 behind him and vanzr was 0.08 behind me!

I know with the set up I'm using that my starts are horrible so by the time we arrived at the first S I was down to 5th. But a smart line meant I was right on the bumper of @arakasi- as we trailed @COME_AND_GET_ME7 & razor

After getting ahead of arakasi I started watching the battle out front and was very lucky as cagm ghosted when he hit the wall at the last chicane.

I noticed that my entry into the sweeping esses before the downhill hairpin was slower than razor and this compounded since the rest of the section was flat out, but I made some back at the last fast chicane.

Razor made an error exiting this fast chicane to touch the outside wall and so I was gaining towards the final corner. I made my move and this started an entire first stint of back and forth passing until I took my pitstop. Once I had pitted and noticed razor improve the FL, I knew he would come out of the pits with a gap and so he did.

This gap started to increase and I then knew that the only hope would be for him to make a mistake. He did have an issue with a backmarker and this allowed the gap to close to 1.5sec but it again started increasing before I too found the wall at the final chicane.

I enjoyed the racing though as this is the first time other than the sprint round where I haven't tried to fuel save and just went hell for leather!
  19. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Enjoyed that thanks all.

Got a good start but then made a couple of small mistakes on the first lap and half so couldn't take advantage of it. Was a bit frustrating to get spun around the way I was and find myself in last place and a long way back on lap 2 but it was fun working back through the field. Annoyed with my lack of composure that as soon as there was a sniff at a battle for 8th over the last few laps I overcooked a corner exit and spun, I think I also put way too much fuel in on my stop too. :laugh:

Looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a few brief battles early on but got caught up in other peoples dramas and lost a lot of time. I had only done a few laps of preparation and figured if I turned the fuel down 1 notch I could non stop. I was going OK and was ahead of one stopper Arakasi after his stop and was hoping to hold him off for 7th place but a spin on the fast left hander at the end of the esses on two consecutive laps lost me another 30 seconds and I was left to defend 10th from a closing Incey. I had to turn the fuel down to four with a couple of laps to go and was on full lean for the last lap.
    My little tweaks to the tuning seem to have made me competitive in the first few races but it looks like I have been left behind now. Everything change I make to my tune makes me slower or makes no difference in speed but makes the car more unforgiving. I will have to try something else
    vanzr and arakasi- like this.