PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    What a round to bring back pit stops. I could have a whole beer in the time it takes to do a service!
    Anthonyb and SUBGTRACER like this.
  2. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I just tried it. The front left seems to get to 120 after about 3 laps in qualifying!
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, i only did a quick 6 laps today and the front left was like something you find inside a volcano ! It will just be a case of adjusting the time of year to get the track temp to mid 30s i think ...or there abouts.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  4. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Can you set the game to the date the ice age occurred , we should be ok .
    Hoppy (benny11169) and CAB77 like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone....after testing last night we have come up with a much better, non tyre melting date etc for this weeks race,....

race date is now 1/10/17
    Qual at 5pm
    Race start at 6pm

The tyre temp were heaps better, front left got to about 110 before dropping down again.....Track temp at about 31*

Other things we found were
    - Seemed to be more slip stream
    - The rear of the car was a little looser it seemed...
    - If you have PS Pro you can adjust the graphic / framerate levels in options
    - There were drivers who had a different level of fuel it seemed for qual....we dont have a work around for this at the moment, nor do we know why it's happened.
    - we didn't test the pit stops to see if any change, however i have seen somewhere written that having 'manual pit stops on' can have an effect on what happens in the pit lane. We will test this after the season to see if we can get it to work
    - Kart has a direct line to Ryan Story

Will be testing again later tonight after work xmas party, hopefully with a full race distance, if any changes will let you know....
    Stu
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Further to my post above guys i have just tested with @Nathan Storrier , @Ant_427 @annelorrianne and @arnold watson and we found that with teh tyre settings on "accelerated" wear, there was terrible clipping from about lap 20, and it got progressively worse as the race went on....
    SO, i just tested with the wear on "AUTHENTIC" and it was perfect.....All temps were as previously tested (FL max of about 110*) and the wear was fine with no clipping at all....

So @v8power383 along with the change of date also run tyre wear on Authentic...

The other thing i found was that in qual if you jump to pit, it auto sends your fuel to the amount in your pit strat ... i need to test a little more, but for me i ended on 95L after jumping back into pit during qual.....The race fuel was fine for everyone.

We also found that even though the fuel was not burning off, the lap times seemed to indicate the weight was coming off the car.....For the first few laps the brake zone is at about the 500 m mark with the added weight...;)

Good luck tonight, the track grip goes up and down ..... PLEASE be careful turn 1 and don't ruin someone's night....
    Stu
    v8power383 likes this.
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Hey guys been really busy over the weekend and just realised I’ve got 65mins of downloads so probly won’t make it in time
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

All right 30mins left might just make it
  9. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well done tonight guys. Fun race for me apart from having a spin trying to overtake Rhino for the lead lap 20...
    Well done to all. Hope i wasn't too much of a problem.
    Feel free too add your picture of me in the thread what i really look like.
    I wont be offended unless its a picture of Rhino...
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I mean your profile pic is probably a good example....
    You shouldn’t of gone wide, then you wouldn’t of had to pass me again ;)
  11. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Actually I was having a sip of my beer and touched the wall...
    Maybe next season I might stop having a drink during the races and give everyone a descent run for their money..
    We have he closest series for div 1 I have ever had the privilege to be in.
    Too bad we weren't there to challenge for the title this season
    Thanks again to all. It's been a privilege
    Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    stucar17 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  13. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Must be mentioned we had to have a restart and do a formation lap for the rolling start, hence the overall time.
    v8power383 likes this.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Last night was a pretty important one for me to win, turning the championship into my hands with 1 round to go :eek::eek:
    Got a great jump on Slambo on the rolling start which relieves the pressure for a lap or so unfortunately captain late braking (AKA @AOCleaner74) gave me a nudge and we both lost a couple of spots :cautious: Managed to get by poppin and then Slambo spin which gifted me the lead.
    Ao put up a hell of a fight for 20 laps and got past me before driving into a wall in a straight line and giving me a sniff into T1, unfortunately for him he got to adventurous trying to get back past and spun it.
    Drove quite conservatively from there but still managed to spin after focusing to much on Stozza when lapping for the 2nd time after being nearly taken out first time around :confused:
    @nigegunz got incredibly unlucky with @Blindman’s spin from a lap down and I was able to round Nige up as he recovered from the collision. Props to nige once again for a fantastically driven race, 2nd place two rounds running...that win is coming...I’ll make sure of it ;)
    Bring on COTA, the championship’s going down to the wire :thumbsup::unsure:
  15. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Wish i could see a reply of your qualifying time rhino, 1.24.8 impressive
    PaulCox and Anthonyb like this.
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I don’t even know where it came from, guess i just hooked it all up. Definitely my lap of the season :) :)
    PaulCox and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I got a great time in practice with the odd good cut too:p
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

great race for you to win Rhino, taking the title down to the last round enduro, thinkn that is going to have some epicness going on

last nights race was huge fun on a track ive never quite liked but the racing was fab & i think to have 4 in the hunt for the win & less than a second covering the first 3 at the line is very satisfying to be a part of

no handouts required, i got the win in the FormulaB car & was more than happy to tick the win box on Pcars
  19. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Would just see a heap of track cutting
  20. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Surprisingly no :laugh: