GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Yeah mate, pity about your small error in the esses, as was keen for another battle at the end there. Was looking like I was going to get to your tail with a couple of laps to go, so anything was possible.
    I've used the same tune since round 2, the one @apex posted in the div 1 thread, its very stable, but actually not any quicker for me, just makes it less chance of errors.
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looking at how far I finished behind you I would have been toast even without the spins, Having to turn the fuel down over the last few laps would have made me easy pickings.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looking at the race times I can see that I am lucky to be in the slowest division or I would have been lapped.
  4. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    @Hatfield @razor4797 thought i jagged pole last night but within about 10 seconds i was back to 3rd on the grid, gutted lol :)
    Apart from the first couple laps where I swapped a little paint with @Te_Wheke on the second hairpin and had a quick dice with @arakasi- i settled into 3rd and tried a catch the 2 up front, got within just under 2 seconds of them before the pit stops and came out about 3 seconds behind. After that a few errors started creeping into my race and i went flatout into the wall of death at the chicane, dropped a few places but made it back to 4th by the end. Think i done a Vettel and got fastest lap of the race on 26 so a small consolation for totalling the porsche again. Well done to everyone, was certainly interesting in the last 10 laps! I'm thoroughly enjoying myself out there, see yas next Sunday:)
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    when I saw you hit that lap I was like 'damn! well done...' then I crossed the line a few seconds later and noticed I had beat it... then my elation disappeared in another few seconds as razor beat it further lol
    vanzr and razor4797 like this.
  6. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    @emmo46 , mine and @incey 's finishing positions for Maggiore are swapped with each other on the Champ Table. I finished behind him. Can check the total race time on my replay later if you need it.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oops. :oops: I see the error now, you too must look alike and I switched you around. I'll make the corrections immediately.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Race laps table and results corrected, I have fixed the championship chart and ladderand will post those with latest round once I know there are no protests
  9. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Realised last night that I still had the same gear ratio setup from Bathurst. My own fault for not checking :laugh:
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 7
    - Interlagos - 29 laps - 0915 Sunny - 17/12

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am suffering (well not me really, my G29) an accelerator spiking problem. It means I don't always get full throttle, I have looked on line and it is a known problem and there are instructions on how to clean the potentiometer. It looks delicate and I am putting off attempting the repair until I buy another G29. I don't want to be left without a working setup. Meanwhile I expect to be racing at the back of the field for a while.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how old is the wheel? they have 2 year warranty so get it replaced if you can or try compressed air first
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was bought May 2016 so I will try for a replacement.
  16. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Swap it with the clutch pedal. That's what did with a G27. Can only assume it would still be the same.
  17. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Nah. In most cases it's just dust - or pet fur - obstructing contact patches. Jump on eBay, buy a can of pressurised air and with the needle attachment poke it down the pedal assembly and give it a good squirt around. Leave the pedals unplugged from the wheel base, spray some WD40 down the same area and give it another blast of air. Give the WD40 about 30min to completely evaporate then plug her back in and give it a go. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Those brown rings are your problem.

If you're seriously considering replacing the pedals, you could just buy replacement Pots. Plenty around on eBay that are identical fit and same bit. You need rotary 10.0KΩ , 0.5W, 1/2W, carbon plates. Years ago I bought a pack of 10 from China. Pretty sure my heavily modified G27 still uses the first three I put in... and it's done about 3 years worth of serious hours.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    where from? jb just gave me a new one when I got mine replaced.
    video proof may help
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Guys, I'll try for the replacement first then go from there.
  20. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    I wouldn't recommend pulling apart under warranty.