GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Cant enforce no tune
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think it is just a teething problem with many assorted variables that have affected the placement of drivers. Some have had to change rigs for PS4, some did beta which gave them a head start on the slightly new feel, different amounts of time put into qualification time, sandbaggers :whistling: etc etc.
    I think the alarming drop off in Div1 is for reasons mentioned by others mainly due to the circumstances above.
    I started with rooz in season 10 when the numbers had already started to diminish. But from looking through results there has always been a dominant driver in Div1 (Warrior) and one to three very close in any given season. So this season the Beau dominance is the usual theme with StigTC pushing him and ssman was pushing StigTC. Also the car used, and to a lesser extent the tracks used, can effect a drivers pace in any given season.
    We all know the top 5 in div 2 would be competitive if not faster than those (Australians) left in Div1. Hopefully they all see it like I do next season. I would rather come second last in Div1 than win Div2. In div1 I will always be challenged, and in doing so will hopefully maintain my pace (too old to get faster :().
    So lets suck it up and make the last couple of races as good as possible and wait for the inevitable evening up of the divisions in season 2. Still jealous of the Div2 even top 5 though.

P.S. Oh Telstra has finally brought me back to the 21st century, so see y'all Sunday night. :thumbsup:
    AroGantz and Hatfield like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    like @Kieran_B33 said... there is no option in online lobbies to lock tuning.

If I try the honesty system and ask people not to tune, how could I enforce it? How could I prove if someone was tuning?
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Group 3 at Ovals is the only time custom lobbies can lock tuning, by engaging BoP it prohibits tuning to the stock setting.
    Can't tell you why Oval BoP automatically locks tuning but you can't engage it anywhere else and you can't tune for ovals but hey, PD logic has been known to be incredibly bizarre. Hopefully this gets resolved in a future update as an option.
    Honestly I'm much happier with tuning because we can run sensible gearbox lengths making the weird throttle curve less of a problem.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Jeez this escalated. Everything I've read here is true and it's summed up by saying Div 1 is dying and doesn't mean a whole lot *right now*. As aro said, a lot of people are currently sitting in the wrong division such as Razor in Div 3 and Me in Div 1. This will sort itself out over time hopefully but perhaps it's time to qualify based upon the current season car? We may see people go up and down in divisions but at least in div 1 each season we would see the best of the best in that car and with any luck, everyone in every div would be racing for something more than fun. I agree it's no easy fix but if this does have a fix then it's one that we all have to contribute towards and rather than just throwing in the towel let's work together and #MakeROOZGreatAgain
    Hatfield, KoAStR and Kieran_B33 like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 7
    - Interlagos - 29 laps - 0915 Sunny - 17/12

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    should probably say that im out for good and wont be competing again. only reason is the racing online is crap dont enjoy it
    Zachery likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Word from @FILO is he will likely be unavailable for the race this week.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Did Terry and minardi finish the race, there is still 1:29 on the clock on the image. Who was on pole
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    They fell just short of the line. Keeden on pole as usual.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Once again went in dry with setup so I was surprised to be closer to the front than usual. Unfortunately my car was a fish out of water in Sector 2 so my speed in S1/3 would always come to nought. It also made fuel saving hard so I was never going to mount a challenge for the top 2 despite never being more than 6 seconds off the lead.
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So do we have any idea when the Maggiore Enduro re-run shall take place?
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Probably the Sunday night the 7th of January.
  17. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Ah - off too Div one for @NAACS then?
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @JonoStan96 I have forgotten what the ROOZ id is for terrywh
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The postponed round will be scheduled for the 7th of January. If we have less than 5 committed to attend it will be cancelled altogether.
    Please indicate whether you will be attending.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Tez