PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    for those of you yet to hear, the new patch has hit and available to download....
    i have tested very briefly this morning, and it would seem that the tyre model has changed, giving some pretty high temps for this weeks round at Indy Road.

I am planning on doing a few race runs tonight, and may look at changing the date to get a cooler than 57* track temp to keep the tyres in check a little more....

If really keen for a run tonight let me know, or keep an eye out for me online from about 9 sydney time.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone....after testing last night we have come up with a much better, non tyre melting date etc for this weeks race,....
    race date is now 1/10/17
    Qual at 5pm
    Race start at 6pm

The tyre temp were heaps better, front left got to about 110 before dropping down again.....Track temp at about 31*

Other things we found were
    - Seemed to be more slip stream
    - The rear of the car was a little looser it seemed...
    - If you have PS Pro you can adjust the graphic / framerate levels in options
    - There were drivers who had a different level of fuel it seemed for qual....we dont have a work around for this at the moment, nor do we know why it's happened.
    - we didn't test the pit stops to see if any change, however i have seen somewhere written that having 'manual pit stops on' can have an effect on what happens in the pit lane. We will test this after the season to see if we can get it to work
    - Kart has a direct line to Ryan Story

Will be testing again later tonight after work xmas party, hopefully with a full race distance, if any changes will let you know....
    Stu
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @VARDZ are you here for this round ??
    Havent seen you at all !
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Further to my post above guys i have just tested with @@Nathan Storrier , @@Ant_427 @@annelorrianne and @@arnold watson and we found that with teh tyre settings on "accelerated" wear, there was terrible clipping from about lap 20, and it got progressively worse as the race went on....
    SO, i just tested with the wear on "AUTHENTIC" and it was perfect.....All temps were as previously tested (FL max of about 110*) and the wear was fine with no clipping at all....

The other thing i found was that in qual if you jump to pit, it auto sends your fuel to the amount in your pit strat ... i need to test a little more, but for me i ended on 95L after jumping back into pit during qual.....The race fuel was fine for everyone.

We also found that even though the fuel was not burning off, the lap times seemed to indicate the weight was coming off the car.....For the first few laps the brake zone is at about the 500 m mark with the added weight...;)

Good luck tonight, the track grip goes up and down ..... PLEASE be careful turn 1 and don't ruin someone's night....
    Stu
    garyw61 likes this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @stucar17 you're doing your double @ again...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Congrats on the win @Jim_aka_The_Man
    Solid 2nd to @stucar17 and a very fortunate 3rd to @garyw61 after @Bounty05 spun on the last? lap.

Not much to report from my end. Very lonely race throughout.
    Qualified 7th.
    Got a pretty decent start and was coming up alongside stu but had to settle back into 7th as I ran out of room heading into the 1st corner. The rest of the lap was clean and then @disturboed had a good run on me back on the main straight but overcooked the brakes into T1 which allowed me back in front.
    A lap or so later saw @Telum, myself and turbo were nose to tail down the back straight. Unfortunately, turbo punted familiar into the next race at T7 which gifted me 5th and which is where I stayed for the rest of the race.
    For the next 20 odd laps I was about 6s behind @garyw61 but could never make any head room into that gap.
    A few errors later in the race saw that balloon out to 15s so I just settled for the position and cruised home.
    garyw61, Anthonyb and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I must have driven one of the all time worst races I have ever driven last night, absolutely pathetic on my part.

I had pace, no question. But I think what caught me out was not doing any running on heavy fuel. Anyway, I qualied on pole by a good few tenths with one of my best laps, and in fact was on track for a 25.2 before losing a couple tenths in the final sector.

Good start, everyone got away cleanly it looked like and no issues through Lap 1. A few laps in and I was holding a gap to Jim of about 1/2 a second. Little bit tight for my liking so decided to push a bit harder for a lap or two. Off the back straight I got loose into the turn and around she went. Pack was still all bunched up, so got going again in last spot.

Not long after whilst getting a good run on Sui and a draft from Familia on the back straight, the car just straight locked up under braking and i drilled Familia in the back so obviously waited for him to get going again. Now I was over 15 seconds off the lead and I knew I had a very hard job if I was to get anywhere near the podium.

But I choked yet again and made several errors, a lot seemed to come from that turn after the back straight, it proved my nemesis for sure. I would pass familia & fatmix only to hand back the positions soon after.

Eventually all i could finish was 7th, so gutted as on paper i was looking good for my best Div 2 result ever.

Gratz to Jim and the podium on a well driven race.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that was an interesting night of racing !...

Was a bit disappointed to have just 8 guys on the grid, but it is what it is.....Qual was pretty close, except for @disturboed, he was miles ahead and i was expecting him to dominate the night....My qual went to plan and i ran a high 25 which i thought was about par for me.....Up until with 1 min to go on qual, i ducked to the right at the end of the pit lane to get out of peoples way, and was told i had been DSQ for "driving the wrong way"..... thanks to everyone who offered a rolling start in order, but it was all a bit of a joke as it lined me up in position 3 anyway o_O:confused:

Got a solid start and was just hoping that everyone got through the first lap clean, which looked like happened. Was sitting 3rd, behind turbo and @Jim_aka_The_Man hoping they would get stuck into it, but when turbo fell off on about lap 3, i nearly lost it myself and was passed by @Bounty05 for 2nd..........so still in 3rd, with @garyw61 looking keen to get past. Was a bit of a bugger as the gap to jim was too big to close unless he made a mistake....

The next 28 laps was some great racing, gary had a bit of a look at 1, but got himself into a half slide which gave me a little breathing space behind to the tune of about 4 seconds..... but i was just focussed on staying with bounty to see if he made a mistake to give me an easy pass......It didn't really happen, the gap got out to no more than 1.5 sec the whole race and with about 12 to go i made a bit of a push to close the gap.....managed to get to his bumper, but saw a little lag so dropped back to see if it would clear itself.......

Thankfully it did, so with 5 to go i had another push and managed to close back up (with the help of a small mistake from him) and lap 29 i managed to get a great run onto the front straight, and with the slipstream was on the outside at T1.....We went side by side through 1, 2 and 3 with no contact, but the different line he had to run saw a small slide which gave me the pass ..... and a 7 sec gap to jim in first.... great racing bounty....

The last 3 laps were pretty cruisy, even though Jim had got off the throttle and the gap was down to 6 sec, but was an enjoyable race for 2nd.....

Well done jim for the Win, and Gaz for a solid run in 3rd.......hard luck stores have to go to turbo who had great pace all week and bounty who drove a great race for 29 laps ....

Hopefully we have 10 next week for the enduro..... long race can get ronery with a small grid......
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Not a lot to report this week really.

I drove my best lap in qualy and started from P2, after a bit of chat wondering where @stucar17 would start we all got away cleanly and settled into a good rhythm.

@disturboed got into a slide at T7 and I took avoiding action, after that I put my head down and looked to make a bit of a gap back to @Bounty05, Stu & @garyw61. It seemed to work as they were locked together and I could just worry about my lines and brake points.

Once I had the lead at around 4.5 seconds I knew I just had to not make any mistakes so started to be slightly cautious. There was the odd slip & slide but overall was one of my most mistake free drives for a long time.

Looking forward to the finale at COTA, something tells me that it's gonna be a loooong night. ;)
    stucar17, SuiCid3 and garyw61 like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver briefing coming later today......

Race notes before i post that up.....
    - Change to 'in game' race date.....NOW 1/4/17
    - Tyre wear still on AUTHENTIC. Did 20 laps last night and tyres were still on 80%, as were the others that ran as well
    - Should be able (in theory) to get to the end with no stop......YOU CAN MAKE A PIT STOP IF YOU WANT TO, but will be NON COMPULSORY. I didnt want a lightly tested pit glitch to ruin someone's championship

Can i ask everyone to confirm their intention to race as i might look to merge D2 and D3, but need to know numbers before we commit to that.....
    1. @stucar17
    2. @truss1984
    3. @disturboed
    4. @fatmix68
    5. @Bounty05
    6. @SuiCid3
    7. @ned83
    8. @garyw61
    9. @Jim_aka_The_Man
    10. @Telum familiaGTR
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    11. stilesy
    12. dj2ca
    13. smokey85
    14. shaneprimera
    15. @VARDZ

@vards ...... where are you.......you went from 'put me in div 1' to MIA !

Stu
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    garyw61 likes this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm racing
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I'll follow you guys around again
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
  15. ned83

ned83 Rookie

PSN ID
    ned83
    Have a family get together Sunday arvo so might not make it back in time. Probably best to say I can't race now to make room for a merge @stucar17
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R7
    . CIRCUIT of THE AMERICAS - ENDURO - 40 LAPS - 1/4/17
    Qualifying @ 9am - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 10am - Clear / Light Cloud / Med Cloud / Heavy Cloud
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : AUTHENTIC
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]
    Cant believe its the end of the season already....Good luck to everyone fighting it out for a championship....I think it's the first time i can remember that every division will come down to the last race to determine the champion. Great stuff

Obviously the enduro is a loooooong race, divs 1 and 4 have seen solid grids, however we are still waiting on confirmation from divs 2 and 3 to see if we should merge them....IF we do, stay tuned for how we will set up....would be very boring running 40 laps here with just 5 cars.......will confirm by Sat with race set up confirmed....

PLEASE take notice of the following :
    -
    NOTE THE IN GAME DATE CHANGE TO 1/4/17....this has given much better tyre temps

- TYRE WEAR STILL AUTHENTIC. Did a half distance last night and finished on 80%.....Should be no need to pit for tyres, but will do a race distance ASAP and confirm we don't get the clipping as we did at Indy. If any change will let everyone know ASAP
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a lot of spots here where you can cut to gain an advantage. Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty. I will be asking captains and all drivers to be aware of this....you all know the drill. Will be asking captains to view replays if need be....
    - Is a very technical track, and there are lots of spots to run off road...
    - T3,4,5 sequence is tough and can be straight lined....HOWEVER, not great deal of time in it....will put you in the wall though bouncing off the curbs!
    - T7 can be cut, but messes you up for the entry to 8
    - T19 on exit....
    - IF YOU DO RUN OFF, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK FOR CARS BEFORE RETURNING TO TRACK ;)

CONTACT : Good job last week guys.... Obvious spots here are the big straights. - Turn 1 - Turn 12 are the big brake zones and with the draft should see some passes here...other spots are exit of 15 (get a run out of there it's possible to pass) and the final turn, T20.... We all know the drill, hit someone off then redress.....

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....can be frustrating, especially if you've gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !
    - IF someone DSC from qual and cant get back in time, or there is a clear race start issue, good to set up fresh room with rolling start, qual order from former session
    - Add lap to race distance
    - Drivers stop before T1 and grid up in order
    - Once in order, lead car drives at approx 100klms
    - Lead car starts race Between final corner and start line
    - NO PASSING OR OVERLAP TILL START LINE

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    SOME PEOPLE STILL SAYING THEY DONT HAVE ROOM TO SAVE ANYTHING..... you need to clear some replays !! for the enduro, will need more space...i suggest deleting all your replays !

SEX
    That got your attention !
    Dont forget as well the prize draw for gold members that will be drawn at the end of the year : http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

PAGNIAN DISCOUNT CODES for members :
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/exclusive-members-only-offers.57/

Thanks stu
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3, Jim_aka_The_Man and garyw61 like this.
  17. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I'm in for the final round.
    garyw61 likes this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Only way I'm not racing is if I can't physically get to the wheel...

Or obviously if I have a power/network outage.... :mad::mad:
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I just haven't been able to make the hour early starts... plus i missed round 1 and had a DSQ round 2 and that was any chance of featuring at the pointy end... I don't like COTA so i won't be there
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1. @stucar17
    2. @truss1984
    3. @disturboed
    4. @fatmix68
    5. @Bounty05
    6. @SuiCid3
    7. @ned83
    8. @garyw61
    9. @Jim_aka_The_Man
    10. @Telum familiaGTR

Ok guys....confirming the regs for the enduro....
    TYRE WEAR OFF !
    We did a race distance last night and the clipping hit at about lap 25, and got progressively worse for the last 15 laps.....Not ideal, but is better than having pits on while we don't fully understand the way they work.

Also big chance of a merge between d2 and 3.....will confirm tomorrow.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    fatmix68, Jim_aka_The_Man and garyw61 like this.