PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    what a great championship guys and gals !
    Good luck to @Ad2mny @ShootSho7t and @anne .... hope you have a great race !
    Ad2mny and SuiCid3 like this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Struggling get under 2:14 ..2:15 seems to be my good consistent pace at the moment..might be in a race by myself tonight but i WILL finish strong
    stucar17, SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry forgot r the early retirement, was in an ok position too. Partner called and being in NZ the 3hr time difference means I had to take the call.

Thanks for the season and Grats to the overall podium.

I will decide if I am going to do pcars or gt when the time comes.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WOOOOOOOOO!!

When I saw @annelorrianne and @arnold watson’s practice and qual times I thought for sure I’d be looking at a podium at best but a win in the final round on a track that I’ve pretty much just learned this week is unbelievable.

Started from third on the grid and shifted into gear way too early bogging down on the start. @ShootSho7t slipped past exiting turn 1 and I was back to 4th gritting my teeth in the early laps not to let anyone get away. It took a couple of laps to find a way past Shoot and meanwhile Anne and Arnold were walking away. Slowly reeled in Arnold and spent quite a few laps looking for a way past and when I eventually did Anne was way up the track. I finally got the gap down to a couple of seconds at about half distance and had a silly spin opening the gap back up to 8-10 secs. Somehow closed it back down again and around she goes again. The gap was at about 12 seconds now and seemed insurmountable but I slowly closed it back down. The laps wereticking down and with about 5 to go I was really close but struggling to find a way past until Anne had a spin at turn 1 with 3 to go!

We were so close at that stage I nearly collided into her but managed to find a way by. The gap opened slightly then same corner next lap I see her drop back on my map, and a few steady laps later I take the flag!

Well done to Anne, Arnold, Shoot and everyone else on a great season. We managed to keep our numbers high and not too many issues/protests.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done Jamie. You have waited a long time for this one. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. Well done also to Ann
    and Arnold , great results.
    Anthonyb, stucar17, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  7. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    Thank you all for this wonderful season and congratz to all the winners.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Well done to Ad2mny Ann and Arnold, well done :) Look foward to seeing yas next season
  9. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Sounds like a great race , well done all .....
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    well done Ads....and to everyone in div 4 for a great attendance and effort this season....
    POPPINFRESH1234, PaulCox and Ad2mny like this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Just a heads up for everyone:

I know you're all probably itching to see the final championship tables. The cut-off for protests is midnight tonight so once I've received the all clear that we have no protests I'll get them up for you tomorrow evening. If there does happen to be a protest for this division I'll post here to let you know that there will be a delay because of that.
    Ad2mny and PaulCox like this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First off i just wanted to thank everyone who helped in the setup and running of this season. The first on any platform can be difficult, but overall i think we got the divs pretty well sorted, the fact we had all 4 divs going down to the last race certainly made things interesting. To @Ad2mny as mod, the room captains and hosts, @dj2ca for the endless work in the tables, and the multitude of drivers who helped test etc as the season went on. Nothing like a game patch halfway through the season to make things a little tougher !

Thanks also to the Stewards group who certainly had their work cut out for them this season. We will be revisiting this process in the off season, a thankless task, but one that is needed in some form to make sure all drivers are accountable for their driving standards. I still feel we can be better, particularly first lap, and also in redressing those 50/50 calls....everyone should be striving to get through a season with no protests ! we can always dream ;)

To our div champions, CONGRATS !
    - @RHINO11 , congrats on div 1, your battle with @Slambobagan for the championship may well prove to be a defining moment in your racing....you certainly have the pace to be at the top of the pack for many seasons. Now all you need to do is mature into a consistent, safe driver to gain the full trust of the league. i hope in time that will be the case.
    - Have to say i feel a little sheepish taking the div 2 title, however when i look at the fastest lap and poles i only have 2 marks next to my name, taking away any hint of dominance ! Was some great racing throughout, shame we lost a few drivers through the season that would have made things even closer
    - Well done to @t_b_williams for his Div 3 championship in what was a very close division as well.....to have Tim and @Ant_427 split by just 5 points, and then the next 5 drivers split by just 14 for 3rd place. I can see a lot of these guys pushing for race wins and championships in the coming seasons.
    - @Ad2mny did a great job to win div 4.....with full grids every week was a real credit to everyone. @ShootSho7t @anne and @arnold watson all had great seasons, and lets not forget @colin-50_ with his first ever podium after a long time looking !
    New racers as well, @PaulCox @Les 317 @Graxos69 , rinngan and @tafamare , hope you enjoyed it, given the steep learning curve, and will be back bigger and better next season !

When we get all the cross platform seasons sorted we will have the prize draw for the awesome Pagnian cockpit..... @Anon666 will get that sorted when he has the time.....Good luck to ll those eligible drivers.

Next season we will look to get on top of the pit stops and fuel....pretty sure its something to do with the pit options people are selecting, however we will need to get it 100% right before we go down that path. Once we got it sorted in PC1 it really did take the racing to another level.

I will set up a car discussion thread in the not too distant future, am sure there are some selections that people would like to race in...i have a rough idea of what i think will work, but see what happens in the next few weeks when the dust settles.!

I will also set up an entry thread.....all i ask is that if you are not sure if running please let us know when you get your entry in. I know some things are unavoidable, and circumstances change, hopefully we can maintain big grids in all divs next season....

Finally, thanks to everyone who is a gold member...remember your VOLUNTARY minimal yearly donation helps to keep this place running, and gold members will be in the draw to receive a logitec prize from "The Gamesmen' in the next few weeks.....

Time for a little break, hope everyone has a great Xmas and new year....if you are travelling please take care on the roads and make sure you are back again in the new year...

Stu and Mod Team
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    tafamare, Ford69xw, fatmix68 and 5 others like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Congrats @Ad2mny on your championship. Well done to everyone else for making him earn it.
    Merry Christmas see you next year.
    Ant
    tafamare, webnomad and Ad2mny like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    We're missing information again...

What happened to Graxos? Disconnect? Left session?
  15. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Been told he was in the pits, so either retired or got stuck in the pits at race start
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks mate, will wait for confirmation.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    he had to leave...young daughter woke up and had to sort her out...
    The race result sheet looks right based on the D4 psn chat, with graxos last
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can confirm that too from psn chat sorry should have put that with the results.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    So we're giving him last place points out treating it as zero points for leaving the session?
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Last place.