GT Sport Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    First of all a big thanks to everyone for the kind words very much appreciated and second apologies for not writing this sooner had to be up early this morning and wanted the whole thing to sink in before i wrote anything.

I have to be honest i was surprised by how much more competitive this division was compared to the others even if it doesn't show it on the championship table. Plenty of talented drivers were contending for both poles and wins/podiums throughout the season made for a great season. Overall i had a blast racing against all you guys everyone was very clean and it made for some great racing. I'm gonna miss racing in this division next season but looking forward to the challenge of racing the likes of Beau, Stig, Warrior and so on in div 1. Who knows maybe a few of you guys will come up with me :)

As for last night i'm still surprised with the pace i had. Got the launch over @Mezign and never looked back. Just drove every lap like a mad man and ended up winning by 15 or so seconds. Also would have finished around 4 seconds behind Beau if i'd race div 1 which is pretty awesome since everyone struggles to get near him at the moment. Also a few people mentioned the lap i did which was 0.009 seconds slower than Beau, I actually had to double check to make sure i'd read the lap correctly on the next straight lol. No but seriously it was lap of the gods worthy pretty much nailed every corner on that lap which made things even better. May even upload it sometime during the week.

Now it's sunk in i've won 2 ROOZ league championships since returning to ROOZ in late 2015. It means a lot i really enjoy racing with everyone here. As for me div 1 is pretty much 100% however still plan on running a few community events so it won't be the last time you'll get the chance to beat me :roflmao:. Anyway thanks everyone for a great season and hopefully i'll see you guys in a race soon.
    Spidey_11, emmo46, REVO_Bryan and 3 others like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well deserved mate, I hope you’ll use this as a real confidence booster and score some wins in Div 1 and get back in the F1 title hunt!
    Motors560 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations @Motors560 on a well fought championship win. This division had really good attendance at nearly all the races and even the lowest count of 10 at Bathurst is still very impressive. The races were hard fought and the mix of faces on the podium and the spread of bonus points for pole and FL indicates this was a very competitive field. The lap and race times from this division show most of you would run very competitively in Division 1 or 1B.
    There will be a big reshuffle of div placement going into season 2 and I hope that the fields will be more evenly spread and that we see all of you back again for another well fought battle.
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Pitty race results don't show pitstop count anymore, so have to ask, what was the strategy call in Division 2 on no-stop or 1 stop?
    Edit - Didn't Motors win his debut Div 1 race back in GT6? Will we see a continuation of the Div promotion = win trend?
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Everyone in div 2 went the no stop except @Blue Yonder
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Not with 5 or 6 people going up. Only 1 can win
  7. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    No stopping was about 20sec faster over the race distance regardless of how you drove. It didn't impact pace at all really - maybe worth 2 tenths a lap to burn extra fuel. Motors was pulling 31's from lap 2. Only reason I wasn't able to do the same is I don't have the confidence in driving with a controller to push every lap - way too easy to bin it, and I'm not prepared to climb inside the comfort of my vagina and use TC. :roflmao:
    Knuckles likes this.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Incorrect. He finished 2nd at Monza by 0.046 of a second to @B-Spec Bob.
    StigsTC likes this.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Cheers all.
    Confirming that my fuel save strategy was poorly constructed/executed, I was losing a fair bit on lower mixes in the couple of laps I did to test it so moved to a lift and coast strategy and never got to run flat out, looks like guys in Div 2 worked out how to save more efficiently and got cracking late in the race when they had the fuel to do so.
    And thanks for the correction @Bryan_F
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  10. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Thank @Knuckles for lifting our fuel-saving game. Bathurst was a wake-up call for me.
    StigsTC and Knuckles like this.
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Here's the photo finish of that race. Possibly my biggest regret trying to block Bob otherwise i might have won :(. All 3 of us were separated by 0.0050 and i only beat Warrior by 0.0004
    [​IMG]
    StigsTC likes this.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I remember the photo and the view, I was in 4th place watching this all go down from 2.7 seconds back lamenting my early race pace!
  13. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Not I, think it was blue, however I did collect @Captain_Risky_21 on the same corner sorry bud, Well done motors on 2nd div2 champs
    Russell and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Was this first sector first lap? Cause i hit Knuckles and ran out wide, touched the grass and darted back into Lucky, all on my own i think.
  15. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Premiums took a steep increase that lap! lol

Lucky I'm with AAMI.
  16. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Lol theres a reason i'm not insured, so Budget Dircect can keep prices low. I think you should make the switch ;)
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    sorry holden, I renege my comment. Yonda:devilish: lol