GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Well I'm keen
    Mezign likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’m keen too, would be cool to see some Group 1 races in the future too :)
    CAB77 likes this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Not to mention some TCR-style races in GR.4 FWD cars.
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'd be keen on a group 1 race. Maybe just 1 race as part of this series. Or even if we have the numbers 1 room full of GR1 with a representative from each team. Those that speed makes dizzy can stay with GR3's lol.
  5. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Gr.1 races would be fun, but the faster the car the bigger the field spread. Then the divas faces start cracking and the series falls apart with no-shows. If the series blows out bigger than expected season 2 can introduce Gr.1 for the top 6 finishing teams in the championship. Something to aim for and stay committed if you want to race them trick whips. ;)

That being said, I'll happily let you watch the rear of my car for as long as you can keep up in a mid-week lobby. I'll have to make a new rear decal that says "If you can read this, Cab is behind you". :roflmao:
  6. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So what I'm saying is only do 1 race with GR1 and only if there is enough to do a room and then the other team members can still race the GR3. I completely agree as you know the faster the car the bigger the gap between talented drivers and well me. I just like the challenge. I will show up and get beat in any car. I'm sure I'll find someone to race against.
  7. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I hear what you're saying, but I'll never split a series up. I know it's common practice in this league but I take those sorts of things as gimmicks. This league has enough gimmick series as it is. It's either going to be all same category or a mixed class field with teams running the same car all season.

I've worked out a way to balance the championship through BOP adjustment penalties and handicaps. Switching cars for a race will completely throw the championship out.
    CAB77, CaptainRisky21 and VARDZ like this.
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    My idea is instead of Gr.1, which is fun until people have enough of making mistakes and quit, how about mixed Gr.3/Gr.4 races. There could be teams of div 1/2 drivers in Gr.3 cars and teams of div 3/4 drivers in gr.4 cars, all competing for their own championships. Might not work though, just a thought
    Mezign likes this.
  9. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    UPDATE #1:

I've been running some tests yesterday and have designed a strategy to balance the performance across the season.

BOP will be in effect for Round 1. Thereafter BOP will be manually adjusted. The top 5 finishing cars in each lobby will receive power/weight penalties, and the bottom 5 finishers will receive power/weight handicaps. These penalties and handicaps will need to be nominated by the teams and submitted a week prior to the following round. Adjustments are permanent for the remainder of the season and can only be adjusted by future results.

Each drivers team car will be treated individually, not combined as a team result. If driver A wins, but B & C finish 6th and 7th respectively, only driver A will receive penalty points.

Eg. If a car BOP for round 1 is P:98 / W:105 and that car wins the race the team must nominate 5 penalty points to adjust the BOP for the next race. BOP will be track specific and adjustments will be made from track specific BOP, not original round 1 starting BOP (to avoid game updates changing the BOP balance). The team may nominate to add 5 to weight and make the BOP P:98 / W:110, or take 5 off power to make the BOP P:93 / W:105 - or any combination of the two.

Final BOP numbers will be confirmed and updated in forum post on the Sunday night one week before the race. If a team fails to nominate an adjustment before the cut off series administration will apply a balanced adjustment across power and weight where applicable.

The system will be as follows:

Penalty Points (to be negatively adjusted to BOP):
    1st: 5 points
    2nd: 4 points
    3rd: 3 points
    4th: 2 points
    5th: 1 point

Handicap Points (to be positively adjusted to BOP):
    16th: 5 points
    15th: 4 points
    14th: 3 points
    13th: 2 points
    12th: 1 point

In my testing a total of 15 points penalty was worth 1.5-2.0 sec on hard tyres over a (BOP) 1:56min lap time in the Porsche 911 RSR at Lago Maggiore (control car on control track well tested from season 1). 15 handicap points bought roughly 1.2-1.7sec.

This should help balance the field, not only by shaving raw lap pace off faster drivers but also impacting fuel usage and tyre wear throughout the season.

---

UPDATE #2:

I'm exploring the potential to broadcast the series with a live commentary team. This would however affect the numbers as it requires an empty lobby slot, meaning only 15 drivers +1 broadcaster. I have contacted a few friends from my "semi-pro" sim racing days who ran the broadcast and commentary for league races at GPVWC, GRC, GPO, VEC and FSR.

We would be looking at 3 separate streams, 1 per lobby, and having the broadcasters commentating together in a shared party. We've run something similar to this before. Being an enduro there can be long periods without anything happening, so having three commentators together creates banter in the dull patches.

If we run the broadcasts on YouTube the stream can have overlay annotations to link to switching lobby streams. Depending on your connection this can be fairly seamless as the streams are all hosted by the same channel. So for viewers, when watching lobby A and the commentator for lobby C starts remarking on action in their race the viewer can switch to watching that broadcast instantly.

This is a good opportunity to get league sponsors involved and give them some rewarding air time.

Live videos on YouTube are recorded and can be edited to add stingers (start and finish screens) to polish the final product for sharing.
  10. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Put me down as maybe
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    That sounds like you put a lot of thought into it. Can't wait
  12. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    @BrickyFromHell I never thought about the end of race time, but the only tracks that would have problems with it are Tokyo and the Nordchleife/24h tracks
    BrickyFromHell likes this.
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'm in as long as the races don't fall on a night shift, I do one night shift Sunday a month.
  14. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Put me down this looks like fun
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'd be tempted to move this to a Saturday if it doesn't clash with other series and still work with others availability. Saturday's would mean we can fit in more races in the series throughout the year (perhaps even one a month) and even stretch out the race to 2hrs being a weekend night.

180sec is 3minutes. None of the selected tracks have a lap time (even for a limping damaged car) of more than that.

Being a timed race there is no definitive lap count. Just like in real time specific races the race ends on the lap after the timer expires. Car's that finish out of order (eg. 4th place lapped crossing the line behind the winner) just have a delta time added to their finishing time in order to correct the timing. This time will usually be 110-120% of the pole position time. Eg. If pole position is 2:05.000, a 120% delta time would be 2:30.000 added to each lapped finishers times to correct the order.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I can do Saturday but I still have one night shift a month, Sunday would definitely be better but you tell me when to race and I'll be there if I can.
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    The last time we tried timed races, the results would glitch with incorrect positions and times.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Easily worked around by taking an average lap time and thus getting it as close to 2 hours as possible
  19. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'd prefer Saturday night as well. If we did that the track we use if it is mid series I would like it to be the same as what ever we are racing on the sunday. That way I only have to practice the 1 track for that week.

Timed race does seem to glitch on the race screen. Need a screen shot before the last car finishes.
    xlxy90 likes this.
  20. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    3 months before the first race. I trust Polyphony will fix issues by then. I plan to stick to the timed race for now and address the issue if not patched in the weeks leading up to the first race. Backup plan is laps based on distance... probably 250km.