AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Man that was great fun.
    Sitting on the grid I realised I still had Qualifying fuel so early pitsop for me... the nfound out it was before the pit windows so had to pit again later. Tyres were brilliant towards the end & had some really good battles along the way.
    krunch, c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  2. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Was a great race. I decided to change Tyres and Fuel, tyres turned out to be a mistake. Took too long and then I lost time getting them back up to temp.
    Now to get practice for next week. That will be a challenge.
    Cherno and Rolz like this.
  3. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

First race in VR and it was a blast! Didn't have much time to practice but during quali the adrenaline was on full blast and I managed to set a respectable time. Had some good battles with C4rl05 at the start of the race until he made a mistake and fell back. From there I set into a rhythm and pit 5 mins before the window closed for a splash and dash. I must have made up some time because I was right behind Mael coming out although he was too fast too keep up with. Overall an enjoyable race and a hell of a lot better than racing with a single 24" monitor, the corkscrew is insane!
    krunch, Cherno, KoAStR and 4 others like this.
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

The tires was a nightmare to get back up to temperature.
    c4rLo5, Cherno and Rolz like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I was surprised I didnt see many have solo incidents in the dirt or eating sausages, in the practice server with shorter races set to MR AB many had lots of trouble running clean laps. Over the race distance I thought quite a few more would have trouble and I actually expected myself to loose it at some point. Laguna in these cars was a little tricky as you wanted to go a little more flat and use a little more track but it also meant a few cm of line would end very badly.

Following @Cherno I noticed he has a couple big slides where I thought here is my chance, only to have bigger moments on my own soon after lol. I did have a spiking pedal as I remapped my logi wheel for pedals and to use the POV for pit control, the pedals are a bit chitty and I need a bit of a deadzone at the ends of throttle, brake and clutch to ensure I get full power when needed. This was probably only costing .1 on a couple straights but not always, I did run a lap at Nords in the Alfa after and managed to find a few seconds running a bit less drag and no throttle spiking.

Still to me it seems there wont be much between the 3 cars here, I will keep tyre warmers on as it will help anyone that wants to run a harder compound. Its a bit too much of a disadvantage early in these if someone was to run medium or hard vs a person on softs getting up to temp. I tried softs and mediums in the 3 cars and found both get similar times and neither is great on lap 2 or 3 but they are still driveable just a bit more lively. It didnt seem there was any real need to go to hards but if it was any longer then a 3 lap race I think hards would be the only real option which is why I kept the distance to 3 laps. ;)
    Doublevision and Cherno like this.
  6. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Here's a guide to fixing spiking Logitech pedals. My set's a bit old now so I usually have to do this once or twice a year.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/
  7. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Good fun last night, thanks for the racing guys, good stuff all round. @marty i was expecting to lose it hard hitting a sausage also but managed to avoid them somehow. The longer race was good to get into a nice rhythm i think, just a shame we got all spread out during the pits, but that first stint with you me and @Rolz all within a second of each other was great. Looking forward to Nords haven't had a race there in a while.
    marty, Rolz and Doublevision like this.
  8. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Haha, this is great fun racing these old things around Nord. I have a fair bit of time on this track so I'm not super slow either. Would have stayed on longer tonight but I really need sleep. :sleep: You guys changing the gearing around at all?
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you install ptracker I loaded my setup in the server for all 3 cars which after some more laps in each tonight I was within 1 sec in all 3 so I think any of the 3 will give a fair chance here. They all drive very differently and have strengths and weaknesses plus this track seems to balance cars out quite well as it has a bit of everything.
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Ptracker should pickup from your profile name right?
    I changed mine to Crossy whilst racing with ASRNZ because there are 3 Steve's - got too confusing, but changed it back here so people knew I wasn't a random. ptracker seemed to have me as the current profile but wasn't showing my laptimes. bit glitchy perhaps...

Nords in these cars has me somewhat excited :)
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Unsure if u need to exit AC totally for ptracker to recognise it... when I do name changes (mates pop over and I put them on some pub servers) I don't notice issues... but then I use Content Manager to race in AC.
    Steve Crossland likes this.
  12. Rolz

Nords in the DTM's will be interesting... usually I'm in the BMW for the DTM's but it's been so twitchy for me here that I've gone to the Merc as it seems to be more forgiving... (My German heredity prevents me from using the Alpha :p)
    Admittedly I'm struggling with consistency around Nords, which is surprising as I've done hours (a shedload and then some) on this track... Perhaps it's because it's been so long since I've really focused on it again... Glad that this race is forcing me to put some laps down on it... Nords I've missed you :inlove:
    Bogor and marty like this.
  13. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Thanks Marty, I've installed ptracker and enabled in AC but I can't see how to load your setups, is there a guide for the app somewhere?
  14. Rolz

dble-click the top bar of the app in-game and a new window will open up, go to setups (I think thats what it's called) and then you should be able to see Marty's setups... click get... then close the window (by clicking AC icon top right), then go back to pits, go to setup (spanner icon)... click one track setup listing down (or up) then go back to the track that son the server and you will see the downloaded setup..
    I'll be online tonight to get more practice in and can talk u though it on discord if needed :)
    marty likes this.
  15. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Awesome, thanks Rolz. I'll likely be on tonight as well.
  16. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I too shall be there. I tried all the cars, the Merc is the one I can stay on the black stuff with the most.
    Still slow, I know the track, driven it heaps, just need to learn how to drive these cars fast on it.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Better start calling you Quadruplevision now :p
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Great fun on Monday. Had no time for practice until the night so I started slow, but started pick up some half decent pace by the end of qual. At T1 on lap 1 I had a silly spin off into the dirt after over correcting a jink to avoid another car and lost a chunk of time. After that though it all went well and my laps were getting faster and faster. I managed to pass some cars before having a great dual with Carlos. I couldn't get past him but when he pitted I had clear track and pressed on. I pitted late in the race to take tyres and fuel and when I came back out Carlos was some way behind (guessing he had some issue somewhere) and I found I'd gained a couple of other spots too. Steve Crossland chased me down near the end but ran out of laps to make a pass so I hung on to 7th. Hopefully I can get some prac in before Monday this time.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  19. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Hey @marty would you be able to add me to the whitelist please? I've lost my A rating after not realizing the GT3 Spa servers were actually a demolition derby :mad:
    Rolz and Bogor like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just added you to the witelist, strange you werent on it before but I didnt see you on the ROOZ guid list that @KoAStR I think keeps up to date. I got your guid from my stracker player data so you should be able to get in now.
    jlynn777 likes this.