Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

going to be a dew minutes late, just doing the update now
  2. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Oh thank you sweet sweet wall at turn 18 under the grandstand, for ending my suffering.

What a monumental ball-ache from start to finish, I struggled to even make time on the pack under safety car!
    Dinner time.
    Motors560 likes this.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Don't think that could of gone much worse.
    Mainly struggled for grip everywhere to the point i was losing seconds a lap over the cars ahead. Ended up crashing early at turn 8 losing my front wing. A few corners later at turn 11 i "HIT" (On my replay i didn't hit the wall typical Codies) the styrofoam barriers which threw my car into @nigegunz who was unfortunate to get involved in my mess. Later that lap once the SC had been deployed i'd find out that my downforce setting had changed from 11 to 2 most likely explaining why i was struggling so much.

Despite changing the downforce back to 11 for the stop. By the time the safety car came back in it was at 2 again. The car was nearly impossible to drive. Ended up crashed at turn 5 just after i'd jumped into 3rd

I'm starting to see why the interest in this game has dropped with the amount of glitches that are present. Shame
    nigegunz likes this.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Spends 20 minutes looking at PS4 loading
    To get put in the wall lap 1, don’t remember signing up to the Maldonado simulator seriously I see why Zachery sold his :):):):)e
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Oh man, where do I start. Getting the race started was awful painful. Was hoping to get in, have a quick race and get to bed early.

What ensued was not quick. To see the rain coming down, I knew it was going to be tough. Seems to be so many wet races this season. So, I just circulated laps, trying to survive in hope the rain would go away. Safety car came out at one stage, and I simply didn’t have the pace to catch it (apologies to whoever got stuck behind me at that point, it was frustrating for me so I can only imagine what you were thinking. As the rain slowed, I started to feel more comfortable. Jeff suggested o go to inters, so I did. Then like a lap later he says the rain will stop soon, wasn’t really happy he made me do a 2 stopper when I easily could’ve managed a 1 stopper, but at least he got me on slicks at a good time.

The last few laps were a blur. I just remember that with like 2 laps to go, I could actually see the guys leading the race, and NOT from a lap down. I think I was 7th, with razor behind me at the last SC and I’m trying to decide wether I actually try to fight him off or not. In the end, I can’t get SC restarts right, so it wasn’t really I choice I could make, so I just yielded. Then someone spun out and didn’t seem to rejoin close enough to run me down. Then someone else spun. And again, didn’t seem to rejoin close enough to run me down. At that point, I was in 6th Place. Absolutely stoked with that. Actually got the shakes trying to bring it home. Then, someone else spun! And into 5th I went. Such a nerve wracking finish hoping that a) no one caught back up and b) 2 more guys in front would spin hahaha.

To even cross the finish line only a matter of seconds after the leaders was satisfying. The fact the race went for over an hour, and started in the wet and I finished was satisfying. The fact I finished 5th is more than satisfying. A podium is getting closer and closer.... hahahaha.

So many god damn safety cars. I don’t understand what they were for...
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    You go mark
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well that was just awful. I just wish people took this as seriously as the other leagues, then we might get some bigger grids and better racing. But like Motors said, it’s hard to not be demotivated when glitches like this occur. I’ve read many stories on twitter of people going back to F116 for league racing because of the fewer amount of glitches.

From a race standpoint I’m chuffed to get back on the top step after a titanic struggle.
    Shooting to first from 4th on lap 1 was a gift, and I pulled away to the tune of over a second a lap until the first of many safety cars came out. Jason was able to close in initially but couldn’t quite hold on as he was in a tight tussle with Viper, but Jason blinked first and jumped onto inters but must have made a mistake somehere as I increased my lead despite pitting later.

Unfortunately the SC came out again during the wet-dry stage, and Nigel took full advantage and jumped us all! This was a great battle, nose to tail all the way. Just the sort of racing we’d get all through the field if everyone bothered to show up. Anyway the SC came out again, but once it was back in Nigel soon became my prey, having hunted him down for a number of laps, I went in for the kill with a criss cross into turn 7, job done. Just for one last kick in the balls from the game the SC came out again for no reason at all but thankfully I held on.

Shoutouts to Nigel for driving with true class, Viper for ending an almost entire season long podium drought, and most of all to @Jurassic Mark for a stunning 5th place finish, it was tough out there and to bring it home in such a strong position is awesome. It reminded me of another Mark who took an unexpected 5th place finish, I think he went on and did pretty well for himself...
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Wowee what a race, Hooked up a semi decent lap in Quali but forgot to check the weather every time we reset so I was stuck on a dry setup in the rain lol. Jumped up to P3 for the first safety car after Motors and Benny made slight mistakes allowing me by. @razor4797 carked the restart to put it politely and then left me in 2nd, Never have I felt more like Jarno Trulli in my life lol. Didn't have the pace to catch @JonoStan96 as I clipped a wall and lost half my front wing. Decided it was better to just let Razor through at that point so that I didn't ruin his race as well as mine, Plus I thought Jono might get lonely. Stayed out a few laps longer on the Wets hoping to get an easy 1 stop onto the Inters only for my lack of experience on this game to kick in and the inters were pointless less than 5 laps later. Had I pitted earlier for Drys then I would've come out in 2nd behind @nigegunz who played the strategy game perfectly! So having butchered my strategy I dropped onto the Supers hoping to make it all the way home. @its-benny-racer made his way past on the restart by cutting T1 so hard I thought he was coming out of the pits :roflmao: then when the next safety car came out I just dumped her on Ultras and got set to charge the field. That was going swimmingly until Nige's car lagged 10m backwards into mine, destroying my front wing (in very similar fashion to how Motors did at Belgium).

Very happy with a podium but on fresh Ultras for the final 4 laps.......What should have been me thinks. Well done Jono and a smart drive at the front, Nige on a strategic masterclass and of course @Jurassic Mark on a Top 5!
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Standard procedure,

I’m disappointed not surprised
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Clearly some people in this league have an issue with the way I race. Don't worry, you won't have that problem anymore.
    I won't be hanging around to race against guys that feel that way, consider this my withdrawal from the F1 league.
  11. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    The only issue I have with your racing is that your mic was on the whole race. Hahaha. (At least I think it was yours, should double check my footage before making claims.) But that was all just part of the chaos of last night.
    razor4797 likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    well, did you massively cut? or not? if you did, im not sure what your issue is.
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

From memory, I don't believe that I cut that corner at all (let alone massively), but I don't have any evidence to the contrary, so I guess you choose to believe who you want (just like @seth123 appears to have with @Kieran_B33's support) until someone shows a replay one way or another.

I don't believe that my history in this league should warrant a reputation for exploiting track limits, or cheating in any form. I won't be racing with people who are going to support the idea that I should have such a reputation.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Fully agree with you. It wasn't a massive cut nor did I say it was a massive cut. Simply joking like most of this community. Had I thought it was a massive cut then I would have protested as you took the position off me. I could have done it regardless but you don't have that reputation. No need to quit the league over assumptions that you are seen as driver who exploits limits when you clearly aren't
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    ????? I wasn't even at the race or even saw a replay... I only liked @seth123 post as I saw his new signature for the first time. In fact I thought his Sig was a part of his post and i thought the photo was funny and pretty much liked his post for that sole reason, after I realised it was only his sig and reading the other posts I just couldn't be bothered to go back just to unlike his post... I'm not conspiring against you or your driving
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah nah i was just asking lol
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Trying to run this league like
    [​IMG]
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So if you’re not guilty why leave?

And I’m not going to beat around the bush like an Australian politician, there is a major corner cutting issue in the league...
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Ahhh the good ol cahoots conspiracies, now that’s something I could cut into
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Unfortunately had a few issues of late staying connected, but hoping to start fresh with yas in the new season...on the corner cutting issue, isnt it a simple fix by putting it on "strict" ..that way..u cut a corner after your warnings u get a penalty...keep doing it then more serious penalty's occur.. let the game sort it out...but i got a feeling as a noob that theres a reason for it not being on.