On the track

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OuttaAngst, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

little bit, but never really dealt with any mechanical work at all, but was getting the :):):):)s when i couldn't pass excels into turn 6 at QR after closing down an almost 2 second gap the whole lap before, which i put down to not getting drive out of turn 5.

process of elimination went to the right rear and boom.... fluid all over the coilover plus you could feel it bottoming out
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Has anyone made your livery in gt sport on the genesis yet? @JonoStan96
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'll do it, holidays are boring as
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Has anyone shared those raceonoz decals? I can’t find them for the life of me
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  7. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I did just before i shared those photos.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Took the Excel out for the first round of the open sprint series on Sunday, main objective was to take it easy and just do laps for my observed license test.... well take it easy went out the door after my out lap. setting lap times into the high 7s.
    anyway OLT all done and set for round 1, just need new tyres, replace the rotors, hubs and brake pads, and we will see where i am placed at the end of round 1.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pro shots from Matthew Paul Photography.:
    "the Dipper" (shortcut taking out turn 3)
    [​IMG]

Turn in for turn 6
    [​IMG]

Mid way through turn 6
    [​IMG]
    vh_mik, Peter Wise, arakasi- and 3 others like this.
  9. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I’ve been looking at excels for a few months because of you hahaha. Sadly, I’ve only just started putting money aside for “Motorsport” and most of that is tied up to the Go Kart, but maybe in a few years I’ll get one.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

well if you do man plenty of people to help you out
  11. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Yeah, I’ve kind of been hit by the Motorsport bug I think. First round of Go Karting is under 2 weeks away, Eastern Creek 9 hour. Just discovered my brake caliper has :):):):) itself so have to source a new one now. Kind of annoying.
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Whats the running costs per race roughly for the Excel? Would love to do something similar here in Perth (if they have such an event) once my e30 build done.
  13. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    I too am interested in running costs roughly. I was checking out the Excel series on the CAMS site and thought it would be a super cheap way to get a track car and track time, except for up here they race a few hours drive away from Brisbane which was a bit weird I thought
  14. Benjamin J Smith

check out www.trackattack.com.au.
    we run just QR and Lakeside,
    you could purchase a pretty much race ready car for around $8000 then you budget for about $1000 per round, entry for the rounds are $340 then the rest is cost of parts and if something happens
    Pixeliz3d_DoD likes this.
  15. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Thats not too bad, I already have a hilux to tow, so I would get trailer and car. doesnt have to be super competitive first time outtype thing so can probably save some coin on that. And being Lakeside and QR makes it heaps easy. Im on Northside so first one is simple, and its only like an hour to get to Ipswich.

Will defs check this out, and see what the financial chief thinks. She will do track time as well so I have that going for me :)
    Thanks for the details mate :thumbsup:
  16. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Excel series is thriving in Perth with rounds at Barbagallo and Collie throughout the year. Roughly 15 excels each meeting, and always make for close and competitive racing (and a bit of door rubbing for good measure). Shoot me a message if you want some more details and I can put you in contact with the local excel guys/WASCC.

I had seen an excel on Facebook not long ago for about $8000 in the Brisbane area. From memory had 1 race or almost race ready excel, a spare chassis/shell and an additional shell with a variety of spare parts (suspension components, spare wheels, brakes etc). And from memory and additional $2000 would get you a trailer for the car as well.

If you are seriously considering getting involved and are looking for a car to buy, any car even, i would suggest you join the "Race cars 4 sale australia" Facebook group and either search through their back catalogue or post a question of your own with some basic details like which kind of car your after, your budget etc.
    Pixeliz3d_DoD likes this.
  17. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    As I’ve been just randomly searching and dreaming about it, I did come across this if anyone’s interested:

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/282590803154

Basically a race car with 2 spare cars by the looks, for only like $6000
  18. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Yeah that's the one I had seen on Facebook late last year, looks like its dropped in price a bit.
  19. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    I checked it out last night too, and while it would be a great buy, I think the issue I would face is the 1 car, 2 shells and housing it some where. Im on a 700m block in suburbia, so that would defs take up the back yard, and if left out the front, would make it look too messy.
    If only there was such a thing as a nice property with all utilities and great interwebz speed, in a thriving city with lots of employment opportunities!

Could be a plus and just pave/cement the front yard to house then, but not sure how well that would go over with the missus
  20. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Offer 6.5k with the trailer lol