GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I agree, there is also a bug in the chicanes at monza that can take 4 seconds off a lap, that's a game breaker as well.
  2. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    That's because @KeedenMcdonald is to scared to race so it doesn't matter to him bahaha
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That’s a generous score,
    Zachery likes this.
  4. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

haha yeah I found that by accident as well, just full steam into the chicane and you appear on the other side and off you go.
  5. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    It's called "The @Hatfield Special." o_O
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Last night I found you can go the full steam first chicane as Pat, Arogantz and Skint have said, but also on the last chicance, if you aim slightly to the left at that corner and punch it, you go across the grass and end up straight at the concrete run off as well, all lined up for the straight there. It felt like it helped laptimes but cant confirm nor deny as we didnt test with someone going through chicanes or through grass to see if there was an obvious advantage
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

shortcut pens it is then! haha
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That might explain something I found surprising, in the div 3 race I was trying to take turn one on the inside of @disturboed and unfortunately touched him and sent him off the outside of turn one. it turned me too far to the right and I just got it sorted and then looked to see where he was so I could redress only to see him powering off ahead of us all about 10 cars ahead.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    It improves lap times drastically. You just have to make sure you get it right every time, especially through the 2nd chicane. Figured this out in a Euro lobby with @pat65
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    maybe we should go back to Blue Moon Bay until this gets sorted.
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I think it'll blatantly obvious if anyone does out on purpose and if it's done accidentally then a redress will sort it.
    Tristan Jones and StigsTC like this.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Cutting of chicanes have always been an issue at Monza on all games. Same can be said for the final chicane at Nurb GP. Those caught intentionally exceeding track limits will see penalties applied post race.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if there is contact that causes a reset to track, the driver getting reset ahead, in the simplest solution, should driver slower until they return to their original position before the reset.
  14. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I think the Monza issue is the fact you get put back on the track after the chicane, put them back 20 yards from the start of the chicane would be the fix. Hotfix patch needed lol
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  15. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    But once again, it's going to be an obvious breach to address post race with reviewing the replay.

I find it a little disheartening that everyone is so quick to treat their fellow league members with so much distrust. I highly doubt anyone here would (be stupid enough) to attempt to cut the chicane to their benefit.

This isn't a public Sport lobby where you can bail from the room and absolve yourself of responsibility.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I agree Mez, I don't think it'll be an issue but it's good for everyone to be aware.
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

would be obvious due to the massive difference in lap time :laugh:
    AroGantz likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 1 : Nürburgring GP/F - 22 laps - 08:00 Sunny - 11/2

[​IMG]

OK, guys and Gal......Time for Round 1 !
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

TYRE WEAR : As you may know, a glitch was recently discovered where through pausing during the race and going to the options screen would regenerate your tyres to new. Further to this, it has been discovered that it will switch your compound to the compound you started the race on. Due to this further discovery, we can keep tyre wear on as anyone abusing this glitch will end up on mediums instead of the preferred softs. ALSO, if anyone does use the glitch, they will be Disqualified from the race, and be given a 2 race ban (unless they can legitimately explain that it was a mistake)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

ROUND 1 ISSUES : The start of the season is quite often a bit harder to get started with new guys joining, new hosts and a bit of red mist ! PLEASE, try to be on time to the room. It will give everyone a chance to sort any possible issues...

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. TURNS 1-5, 11, 14-15 will be looked at for track limits.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    razor4797 and ssman244 like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Thanks for the briefing... but the track map is wrong :whistling:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Pedant. You'll get bonus points for using it in English class.
    Tristan Jones likes this.