Division 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @decepticon said will be there
    Ad2mny will be there
    agolfer is unsure....work roster
    @Glenn Stimson - im not sure....will message on psn
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    REGS CHANGE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    After testing multiple times last night, with a wide range of room settings and pit stop options, we will have to run with FUEL BURN OFF. We couldn't work out what was causing it, and when we changed rooms and options some people were on the same fuel and others had changed.....was apparent there was no rhyme or reason as to why this happens.

Thanks to the guys and Gal ;) who brought this to my attention.

So after testing with Stozza, slambo, suicide and subby last night, it would seem that this issue hasn't yet been resolved.
    I had the room set up as a league lobby, full length, with all options as they should be....The wash up was the some of us were on 49L for 29 laps, myself and others were on 105L. If you were to end up on anything less than 60L, you would be hard pressed to make it home without having to take fuel....For this reason we will run with FUEL BURN OFF again for this season.
    This will mean you will run Qual with approx 6-7 L of fuel and then the race fuel will be approx 52-53L.

The compulsory pit stop WILL REMAIN, as i have not seen any issue with this option.

i will also try to place the new drivers as well in divs....I hope to be able to get them in a room before Sunday nights first round. these drivers are @ridgeback336 - PSN thesquidah - PSN linchy_59

Stu
  3. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Hi Stu,
    I am good for this Sunday.
    I joined in for the meet and greet, but only for a short time.
    stucar17 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 1 : LAGUNA SECA - 29 LAPS - 6/9/18
    - Qual Time - @ 3pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 4pm - Light cloud / Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

OK, guys and Gal......Time for Round 1 !
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 1 ISSUES : The start of the season is quite often a bit harder to get started with new guys joining, new hosts and a bit of red mist ! PLEASE, try to be on time to the room. It will give everyone a chance to sort any possible issues...

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Last season was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Laguna doesnt really lend itself to potential cutting, HOWEVER, TURN 6 will be looked at for cutting. The exit of TURN 11 can be run wide, however there is big risk on the curb of spinning. Also, the kink on the front straight.....the track is defined by both a white line and cones.....drivers using the pit exit as part of the 'race track' will be penalised if they are deemed to gain an advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 1, the braking zone into the corkscrew and turn 11 onto the front straight.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You WONT need to change tyres or take fuel. You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 1.3 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 2.3 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Laguna is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.
    PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which rejoins the track at the exit of TURN 2. ANY DRIVER who rejoins the track at the top of the main straight will be DSQ. This is a NON NEGOTIABLE.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    LOW_NZ and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  5. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Great to see these breifings again stu, awsome job?
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Will have a practice lobby open at just after 7pm on Sunday nights. Please ensure you have me on your friends list so I can invite you as it will be a private lobby. Qualifying lobby opens at 8:10. Will start a psn chat for our div for important in game messages/pre race notifications. Yet another reason to be on my friends list.

See you all Sunday:thumbsup:
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    If you don't get a lot of time to practice hopefully this track guide video helps
    LOW_NZ and Anthonyb like this.
  8. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Fellow Div 3ers unfortunately due to work commitments I will not be racing the first 2 races of the season. Would have loved to race Laguna, but apparently a job is more important!
    Good luck to everyone, it should be a great season especially if the meet and greet is anything to go by.
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks Mr Spidey that is very helpful.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @LOW_NZ
    LOW_NZ likes this.
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  12. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Great vid bounty, makes me never want to get of pc2.
  13. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Hey guys, first off gl all tonight..

Now question regarding pits ( might be a dumb question).. at this point I'm not too sure if a tyre change is needed for me but if it is can I change the tyre to whatever or does it have to remain as default?
  14. Anthonyb

You wont need tyres bit if you choose to then you can take any tyre you like
  15. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Thankyou all div 3 racers for making my first season as a pc2 rooz driver a great experience for me. Without the great racing i might not of continued on in further seasons, but i cannot get enough and its all thanks to you all. You all rock, cheers.
    Ant_427, kayne greenwood and Anthonyb like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Thanks hoppy was good racing you. Hope you have success in div 2 and look forward to some more practice races with you.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  17. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Thanks hoppy wishing you all the best also, good racing with ya!
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Anthonyb like this.
  18. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Good racing with you mate. Good luck in div 2
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    A race to forget for me.

Started well, qualifying 2nd, and got away well with Familiar and even took the lead as he spun at turn 1. It was short lived though, as after a couple of attacks from behind, my mind was on my mirrors and not my car, and I entered turn 1 in 3rd and it wouldn’t turn in. I run alongside Familiar to turn 2 but was a little too late on the brakes and I pushed into his side. I bounced off and was sent into a fishtail tank slapper and skidded sideways back into traffic taking someone off track. We both recovered though and I was now in 5th behind @LOW_NZ. It stayed this way until about 1/3 distance when the first of the pit stoppers went in and I came across LOW sitting sideways on the exit of the final turn. Not sure if I putted that or next lap but LOW followed me in and somehow overtook me as we were getting our speeds back up at turn 2.

It was all downhill for me from there, with a comedy of errors dropping me ever further back and to be finally lapped in the closing stages.

Well done to the podium.