GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Come to think of it I can’t think of a time where that layout is used not in conjunction with the N24, that tighter chicane and new first sector was all new for 2002, but certainly for F1 anyway the faster chicane hasn’t been used since then. DTM or other touring cars perhaps?
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    DTM use the fast chicane, but they bypass the middle sector with that downhill hairpin
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Copped this yesterday. And i lost sr.
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

This is what I despise about the sport lobbies.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is there anyone here that cannot make round 1?
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    REALLY!!
    This is why i do sod all sports mode races. Unless i am out front. MONZA is late brake stupid cemtral.
    I feel your pain man.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I actually so pissed, Was having a good race everyone was very close and all was good until i pitted for new tyres and everything changed. I stupidly put mediums on which screwed me over and i dropped down the order and couldn't figure out why i was so slow until razor told me everyone else was on softs (I'm a complete idiot for not reading the regs before tonight so my fault). In the end had contact with @Mustafur which ended my race. I couldn't be bothered driving around in last. Guess that'll be the drop round haha.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    prior to the race I couldn't get below a 2:04 on softs but @KeedenMcdonald gave me some pointers and I went into qualifying and hit a 2:02! I was stoked and lined up outside the top 10 lol

A full div 1 grid for round 1, what a dream, and I was a part of it.

Started ok and got through a little bit of lag @razor4797 was throwing around to settle into the train behind @Bryan_F and with @Russell & @Knuckles close behind.
    Managed to pass bryan and was catching a @Mustafur vs double BHR battle when bryan & knuckles pitted on lap 9.
    I had to pit since the undercut would only get larger and I came out just behind bryan and in front of knuckles. I started to reduce the gap to bryan and as I went for a move into T1, @JonoStan96 was coming out of the pits and the space quickly reduced and there was contact, with jono coming out in front and me following.

I had to put pressure on jono before he could come to grips with the soft tyre, and he was all over the road until he ran wide slightly into the sand which unfortunately for him, cost him 3 positions.

I couldn't believe it... 4th position in div 1.... but I wasn't sure I could hold it.

@StigsTC had a decent gap in 3rd until he made an error and it reduced to about 4 secs, but he quickly pulled away again. My real focus was on @Captain_Risky_21 closing the gap behind. He finally caught me with about 2 laps to go and with his fresher tyres, he put the pressure on. I had to drive defensively for the rest of the race and I just managed to keep him behind.

On the final lap at the last chicane, jono joined the battle as risky went for the inside, but I kept the nose in front and crossed the line for my best ever finishing position in a Gran Turismo Sunday League race!
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Honestly that was one of the best races i have been a part of. i was quicker than you, but you knew that. you defended, but it wasn't dirty. It was extremely enjoyable.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it's been a long time since a teenager made me sweat so much
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    try riding on a school bus.;)
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 1
    Pole: Keeden
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [Motors RQ]
    [Russell DSC]
    [​IMG]
    Motors 2:03.468
    Russell 2:04.700
    stucar17 and emmo46 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Another race where my sim equipment let me down.

Couldn’t believe my pace considering thanks to my troubles I had done almost zero pre season practice, Mez being big mover up the grid denied me a front row start.

I was keeping up until the left side bolt which holds the wheel in place on the rig fell out somehow on lap 3, meaning the wheel was pivoting around itself for 20 laps! It was very difficult to keep the wheel in place as it would often move mid corner, and predictably trying to hold any slide was a nightmare!

The pace suffered as expected and the pit stop phase wasn’t great, coming out in a battle pack where Hat for some reason swerved in front of me in the braking zone so there wasn’t anything I could do there. With no experience on softs I was struggling and the wheel movement only got worse the more I had to look behind. The slightest of slides put me off and down to 7th.

It was a messy race after that and I was pretty fortunate to finish 6th. Hopefully next week’s race is cleaner.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Quali. Started second last so that was a win thought it would be last. Race pace was better. Brain fade in pits and let it refill. Slowest fastest lap od the field. Gonna be a long season. Cya at monza
  16. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Guess that explains why Jono failed to stay within track limits every lap at the end of sector one despite Hatfield putting together an extensive driver briefing pointing out the main corners that will be reviewed. o_O
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Popcorn in microwave
    Spidey_11, seth123 and Mezign like this.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Gone early mate, it'll be cold by the morning.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Extra big box. Should be enough till morning.
    Tristan Jones, CAB77 and StigsTC like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that sucks about the wheel. Apologies about the braking zone... I was trying to watch you and bryan and the corner while braking.

Did you try to reattach the wheel pin during your pitstop? even if you had paused and let the AI take over the car while you fixed it, may have been faster in the end.