Division 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good racing all congrats to the top 3!..

Was tight racing especially for the first 10 or so laps.. and then my inconsistent self came and I was 1 foot forward 2 steps back for the remainder..

At least I was a little less inconsistent as usual I guess xD

Judging by all the times people submitted tonight tis gonna be a close season!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Woo hoo a win.
    The first few laps where intense so I decided to pit early with ant following me in. We then had a great battle for around 15 laps until I either pulled away or ant made a mistake. As everyone pitted I slowly found myself up to 3rd then second with familiar 13sec up the road and ant about 5 behind with about 10 laps to I was starting to close the gap then familiar spun putting me right behind him then he spun again the next lap letting me past unlucky mate great pace tonight. It would have been interesting if you kept it together.
    I must say I'm very happy with this result with little practice I have been able to do.
    congrats ant on second great fun as always. Well done rossi on rounding out the podium this should be a great season with the pace that everyone had tonight. Unlucky Re disconnect Glenn I think that was going to be a great battle.
    Catch you on track
    Ant b.
  3. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well done mate
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Man it was close the first few laps. Once I got a rythem ads and familia decided to come together, with ads spinning back onto the track leaving me with no where to go. I remained patient getting back onto the track quickly and got back into a grove and spent most of the race sitting in 2nd after a few guys decided to pit early. I pitted half way through the race giving the race back to both ants. Familia pitted late in the race coming out right in front of me and after 2 mistakes from him and 1 from me I ended up in 3rd for the finish.
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    I unfortunately lost my connection around lap 8. We had a pretty bad electrical storm at that time, which may have affected the connection.
    I also had an issue where all my default selections in the 'Options' menu, such as ABS and traction control settings changed for the qualifying session. This caught me out and I really struggled to get a clean lap during qualifying. In the next race, I will check these options at the start of the qualifying session. Did anyone else have this issue?
  6. Anthonyb

@dj2ca @stimsonglenn has fastest lap with 1.32.111 as per my replay on lap 3
  7. Anthonyb

No problems at my end
  8. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Well done all for a great first race for the season. Congrats to Ant for the win and Rossi for rounding out the podium.
    rossi0nsx, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver Briefing for Round 2. Sorry late this week, been a bit crook and not able to get on for any laps.....

ROUND 2 : TEXAS ROAD - 32 LAPS - 21/5/18

- Qual Time - @ 3pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 4pm - Heavy cloud / Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    Sorry about crappy track map.....was the best i could find.....

[​IMG]

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 1 ISSUES : Well done last week to everyone. Only 1 incident that was protested, great job from everyone across all 4 divs. We only had 1 issue with the pit stops in all 4 divs. PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.

DIV 4 DRIVERS : ANNE is hosting for the first time, so please bare with her as she sets things up, has any possible issues and works through getting everyone in the room. you Will need to save race results, and dont forget your replay ! Please help each other out as you get the season started.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Round 1 was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. There are a couple of spots drivers will have to be aware of cutting. The TURN 5 CHICANE must be clean. Drivers are also NOT PERMITTED to run on the lower apron, IE left of the white line on the oval.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 3, TURN 6 and the final turn back onto the front straight

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You WONT need to change tyres or take fuel. You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 1.3 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 2.3 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Texas is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast. TBH, im not certain where the pit entry line starts ! At this stage, you can enter late, however be certain there is no-one on your left if you choose to go in late.
    PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which is on the apron, all the way down to the turn 3 hairpin. The exit is shown with broken white lines in the braking zone. When exiting the pits please watch for faster cars on the race line. Likewise, if a car is exiting the pits and has track position, other cars are expected to yield.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    LOW_NZ, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  11. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    PC2 update 11gb
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Uh oh...
  13. Anthonyb

Will go start that now
  14. Anthonyb

Should only take 5 hours
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DSC FamiliarGTR

Was not expecting a win!

Got a blinder of a start from the second row outside, almost a jumpstart it was so good, but had nowhere to go with it as @Anthonyb closed the door on the outside. Come in to the first hairpin 3 wide with @Ant_427 beside me and not sure who was on the inside but Ant and I came together (not sure who’s to blame) and we both ended up off the circuit in 7th and me in 8th. Moved up past Ant as he run a little wide in the first few laps, and @Glenn Stimson pitted at the end of the 2nd lap. I could see 2nd to 5th just ahead now and only glimpses of 1st and it was still only lap 3 or 4. Another couple of spins from drivers ahead and I was now in 4th just behind @LOW_NZ but as we come onto the front straight banking he kept running a very wide line and I was able after 2 laps in his tow to sneak past on the inside of the front straight. Now I was in 3rd with about 6 secs gap to the leaders. I came across Familiar straightening up from what looked like a spin at the final turn lap 8, and he pulled into the pits gifting me 2nd place. Still a 6-7 sec gap to @Anthonyb but just kept my head down and car facing the right way. Pitted end lap 11, as did LOW NZ behind me so maintained 2nd. Anthonyb pitted end lap 17 with the gap still at about 6 secs, but on lap 20 he had a spin exiting the right hander just before the final hairpin. I now had a 2.5 second lead which over the next few laps he whittled down until lap 26 when he was just about in reach another slide at the same turn opened the gap back up. A couple of sloppy laps on my behalf and some quick ones from Anthonyb had him right on my tail again lap 29. Lap 30 final turn and Anthonyb had a catastrophic spin final turn ending nose first into the wall and losing 10 secs. I cruised home for the final few laps to take my first season victory!

Well done to the podium.
    Ant_427, SuiCid3, AOCleaner74 and 2 others like this.
  16. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good race guys and congrats to the Podium and Ad especially for making a comeback after last round..

Just a question though.. don't think any less of me (lol) as I wouldn't call my self a racing nut and watch the occasional race event on TV but with racing etiquette can someone clarify the following.

If you happen to be even going into the corner with someone for an overtake (no overlap/side by side) even if the person on the inside is slower the person on the outside has to 'yield' as the person on the inside as track position is that right? The person on the outside couldn't cut into the corner and hit you in the process (even if you were going slower than expected) right?

Both instances happened at turn 4

Scenario 1 - I was on the inside had a tight line leading into the corner so had to go slower but the person on the inside cut right into me and bumped me off the track

Scenario 2 - Same corner except this time I over shot and took the corner really deep except I believe we would of been side by side on corner exit but was squeezed off the track leading up to turn 5

I understand I'm not the best racer, far from it and this is not having a dig at the person in question but I believe in both instances could of been avoided without contact.

Not the best race for me all round (I really struggled to get into a rhythm until the race stated) but feel despite this perhaps the end result could of been better if it weren't for a couple of instances is all..
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Generally speaking, if you are on the inside and past the other cars b-pillar, you are in the clear to claim the corner. The outside car can stay on the outside, but must leave room and shouldn’t “turn down” on the passing car.
    kayne greenwood likes this.
  18. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I qualified 3rd. 2nd spot by T1 and on STIs bumper. He had an off at the right hander before final turn so I inherited the lead. Ant was in P2 and we had a good run for a while. Had a moment at final turn and dropped to 2nd. Decided to pit so I could have fresh air. Disconnected shortly thereafter, which is a shame as my pace was ok.
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @kayne greenwood if you feel you have reason to protest the cut off is tonight.

Open a pm and provide a video and we can look at it for you.
  20. Anthonyb

Well done @Ad2mny on the win I was hoping the pressure I was trying to apply would bring you unstuck but the total opposite happened. Great fun
    Qualified 2nd .075 to @stimsonglenn great lap mate.
    Got an ok start with ads breathing down my neck (didn't intentionally shut the door) was back in 4th after turn 2 but by turn 6 was back to 2nd chasing @familiagtr this only lasted a few laps with familia having a spin.
    It was a bit lonely for about 12 laps and pitted on lap 18 I think only to spin a few laps later letting ads by tried to apply the pressure only to over cook it twice and let him get away.
    Happy to get second well done @Ant_427 on rounding out the podium.
    Hope we get a few more next week.
    Catch you on track
    Ant
    Ant_427, Ad2mny and PaulCox like this.