Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Got me in the wrong team to mate.
  2. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

I've got all replays as well if needed.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah yes Thanks guys fixing up previous post now and reshuffled new guys to balance.
  4. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

@Godzilla Sounds like there's better replays now but here's my view anyway.
    Didn't look too bad IMO but unfortunately in these cars the consequences are magnified.

Rolz and marty like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I very much should have braked harder and earlier, don't think there's anything you could have done yourself there, got a bit distracted by someone getting a look in on my outside and think I missed the brake by a small amount, hindsight is great now. Really sorry about that, could have been a very good team result. What a difference 0.006 of a second in quali could have made... lol

Honestly did not expect to find myself on the front row. After the T1 incident I actually had a heap of fun trying to make up places.

Race 2 I managed to get through most of the incidents, just a small amount of front wing damage. Trying to keep Shaun behind who was closing at 1 sec a lap or so, that was hard work, was trying to make sure to get the best acceleration out of the chicane so he wouldn't get a run up in to T1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks, now I know who got a look in on the outside, good launch :) for a second I though you would try to squeeze in but you quickly backed out thankfully.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah I definitely considered it! but main focus was to try keep the out of position guys behind me, think I got lucky in quali. Had my eyes glued to that car radar app. I find it hard to know where cars are with 1 monitor and that thing is a godsend - very handy to see how many cars are on your inside to know how much room to give.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Main reason I didnt move inside early when I could have is @jlynn777 had a good start and was getting a nice draft. If I moved inside then he would have taken the outside which really is the better position as it gives the line to t2 and then t3 withoiut needing a big lift.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well firstly thanks everyone for a relatively smooth start to S14 (joining the server that is), I've loaded Silverstone GP OSRW up with full track grip (7 laps) to practice on and for me to work out how many laps to put down for a 45min race later on in the week. Will need to know what teams Machette and Chunksta2620 get allocated to so I can assign them to entry list cars.

Qual - Only had 5min to put down a time as VR died when I took a dunny break between Prace and Qual , had to exit out and reboot... was flustered so still happy with P5 even though I should have done better... Colder track looked like it was was getting good times.
    Race 1 - Tough... was expecting it to be a bit wild being first race of season... nose got damaged in T1 and it was a struggle from there, one of the guys was warping a bit and so one corner had to take evasive manoeuvre and I spun off track... dropped to P16, happy to finish P9... certainly was hard fought with damage etc...
    Race 2 - Reverse grid, started somewhere around P13 had a brilliant start, tires gripped and launched... by T4 I was in 3rd and just slowly progressed along... nice to have clean air and just put down some good lap times.

Glad we have 50% damage as the car is actually still drivable, R1 I was probably about 1.5-2secs down per lap due to damage but my race wasn't toast..
    marty likes this.
  10. Rolz

Thanks @KoAStR! I've updated Entry list... though now we are at 34 drivers and Silverstone OSRW only supports 32, but we only had 22ppl take past last night...
    Would be good to get a confirmation Monday Morning if you can or can't make it so entry list can be updated to have skins on the right ppl.. thanks all :D
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi mate,
    Chunk was historically in HTO so thrown him in with his regular crew under IGN.
    Peter Hughes was historically in PAG (S10) so stuck with that.
    Machette I put in with TGM IGN as well who are in need of numbers this round.

This leaves TTB with the least amount of members so next new comer will likely slot in there....o
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good point. I make 35 including tentative signups and only 28 excluding:
    1. Rolz
    2. Krunch
    3. jlynn777
    4. Loris Prost
    5. Steve Crossland
    6. jasondull1986
    7. Mr.McGibblets
    8. Anon 666
    9. Marty
    10. bbhrt
    11. Godzilla
    12. NPRK
    13. Machette
    14. Doublevision
    15. c4rLo5
    16. Bogor Bogor
    17. Zero05
    18. RHINO101 (bencrow-)
    19. Peter Hughes
    20. Shaun Allen
    21. mesafto
    22. Cherno
    23. Terry Rayton (tezpez85)
    24. Stiggy (thestig13)
    25. Ringo
    26. vanzr
    27. SirPoopington
    28. chunk2620
    Tentatives:
    1. Zachery
    2. CAB77
    3. Peter Wise
    4. Sam D Blacklock
    5. Mael
    6. bmx_mtb_boy
    7. Casper
    Rolz likes this.
  13. Rolz

Ok well I'll try to twist Andy's arm to drive this season :roflmao::thumbsup::sneaky:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are a couple angles from the t1 incident race 1. Just to show how easy it is to mess up and in these cars especially some patience is needed. Accidents are a part of racing and its been the first t1 crash Ive had at ROOZ from memory so its not like its a regular thing.

@Rolz with the prac server maybe have the longer session server use OSRW and the shirt sprint use the regular AC version so we can get some more non league guys in as this is always a good way to get new members from them joining into the prac server. No need to soften MR as you want reasonable guys in traffic with these cars and in practice I really had no issues with anyone other then a few big pingers warping that were hard to drive close to.
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Brakes a touch too late and went a touch too deep... happens fast. Start looks awesome though until T1.
  16. Rolz

Done, original track loaded, MR stays at A/B I've also put tires to 150% burn rate as I forgot to do that this morning... most likely use tire wear rate over fuel rate to force pit this race.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Doesnt take much really, I only left enough room to give an inside car somewhere to go but not giving up an easy place, lap 1 heavy car pressures a bit down holding an inside lane is going to be tricky. I went a bit slower then optimal in just to leave some margin, in these cars a tiny lockup is enough to cause a collision so hard fought inside passes are never going to be that easy and can easily go tits up lol.

T1 collisions in f1 are really more common then most other series, leading past t1 is about 50% of the way to a relatively easy victory and passing another fast car on track with no DRS is always going to be tough. Even a few backmarkers I had issues getting past but it was fun having a bit of a go.

Not sure how the next round will be but there are likely a couple ways to go aero wise there so things could be interesting.

Ok will have a go in the server, personally id prefer the ability to run tyres longer and use fuel to force a stop which wouod give more strategy options. If everyones tyres fall off the cliff at much the same lap it just means everyone will stop at about the same time. If the race is long enough then fuel loads and regular wear would likely be enough to force a stop, also if you have a lap 1 crash and need repairs you would have more chance of getting through on 1 stop and some chance to make something of a race.

Shame we dont have safety cars which would really spice up strategy on the fly but maybe AC2 can do more in this regard. Wojld also be nice to have proper damage from contact as suspension doesnt get damaged as easily as in reality and aero bits shouod fall off with any contact along with punctures from contact or abusing curbs.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  18. Rolz

can do tires today and fuel tomorrow... 30sec change over :)
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Think I also asked a bit much of the cold tyres on the brakes, which felt awesome in quali, not so much in to t1.

Not sure tire wear needs to increase to force a stop. 45min will be about 32 laps and don’t think even the hard tyre would do that. Medium was prety done after 17 of Barcelona. Would prefer standard tyre wear as it may open up more options, soft to hard, hard to soft, both medium stints. If you have an incident early on you could pit and throw on hards. As long as it’s a compulsory stop then people can work out how to run the race from there

Set up wise I think Silverstone will be fairly similar to Barcelona, both medium high downforce tracks really with a combination of fast sweeping as well as very tight corners. Both have the slow sections at the end of the lap as well
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

@jlynn777 what do you use for the recording and is there much of a performance hit? Also what are the recording file sizes like?