GT Sport Season 2 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

What a race( we’ll the first half anyway). Couldn’t match my pre-race pace in qually but got a good start and made a spot or two. The first five laps were awesome to watch from my position, very clean and professional. As predicted overtaking proved to be difficult so I set into fuel conservation mode with the goal of jumping up some spots with a shorter pit stop. The pit stop is where it all came undone for me. Leaning over to grab my beer I accidentally hit the x button and departed the lane six laps short. Probably should have opted for a two stopper but went on a fuel saving mission instead. That might explain my lack of pace Emmo. Ran out of fuel with 50m to go for a below par result. The world suddenly became good again minutes later after learning that I had won the yearly prize. Look forward to next week, hopefully in my new rig.
    emmo46, Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.
  3. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Probably be a 1 second faster in the rig
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    We have a 0.00 policy on race nights at NLR...;)
  5. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Looks like I’ll be running the lucky’s lawn Care car then.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 2 : Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 24 laps - 10:00 Cloudy - 18/2

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. TURNS 1, 3, 7-8, 9-10, & main straight are the areas to be careful for track limits.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    IMPORTANT: Monza turns 1 & 3 have the possibility of cars being reset for cutting the chicanes. Of course doing this on purpose is not acceptable.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 1 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset after the chicane which gains you an advantage. It will be UP TO YOU to reduce pace to get back into the position you were in as you entered the chicane. This MUST BE DONE before the end of the lap.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 3 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset in the chicane which results in a disadvantage. Like any other incident, the person who caused it, should redress.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  7. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Can we meet in the middle if I make it 0.05? :)
    Jcp likes this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Finally got internet up and running at the new flat. Happy to be a another back up for hosting duties. As you can see my internet aint no tortoise.....
    [​IMG]
  9. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Holy :):):):)! 4K streaming, here we come!
  10. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Really...
    Did you do some photo editing?
    Im moving to where you live. HELLO!!
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    :eek::eek::eek: Wow puts Aus internet to shame lol... @seth123 install better nbn
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    But what is the ping to Sydney and Perth?
  14. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    that could be an issue, but 1 gps is awesome.
  15. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Well that totally confirms that Aus interwebz is :):):):). So jealous of you right now
  16. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    FTTN - to the node was generally going to be 50mb, technical max of 100mb where close (400 metres of a cabinet iirc).
    FTTP - to the premise was generally going to be 1000mb

Telstra are testing 5G in Brisbane atm, getting around 800-1000mb wireless. I hear Japan is now ramping this up? The Olympics is using it now...

New Zealand aren't forcing everyone onto the network...but does everyone have the opportunity of connecting to 1gbps plan?

Isn't Australias problem no-one wants to pay for fast internet, most people choosing the low end plans? And we wanted to make it faster and cost more?

Mind you...i'm on the nbn 50plan, our line wouldn't give any more. Before nbn i had 5-15mb
    Pixeliz3d_DoD likes this.
  17. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Yeah im on FTTP here in Brisbane, and am on the 50Mbps plan, and get usually around 45-48Mbps most nights. I then spoke to them about going to the 100Mbps plan and the sales person actually said not to because I was on a legacy plan, and there was no guarantee if I went with the 100Mbps down I would see any resulting difference.
    I think its a no brainer to start ramping up to 1Gbps and 10Gbps (although the hardware is expensive at present) but if we think how far internet and IoT has come since the 90s, and where it will go in the future. Its something we should as a nation invest in. Checking speed and see that Kenya is faster than Australia, like wtf happened here!

Just think all the traffic in Sydney and major urban centres could be severly minimised if you dont have a central office that everyone commutes to each morning and can work from home say 3 days a week and come in on 2 and have then alternate with other employees. If its just processing papaers and being on the office network to get documents, then that would eliminate alot of congestion issues and gridlock. So many opportunities are being missed. That and its almost 2020. Think of what 'Beyond 2000' would think if it saw us now and how much we missed!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    JonoStan96 and Tristan Jones like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI all, there have been reports that running a +2 rim size is quicker than standard. I welcome any testing into this.
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Certainly hasn't helped me at all, unless i'm even slower than i thought?
  20. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_