GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Yeah doesn't take me long to lose my rhythm and the restart from the false start took me a while to get back into it - so was pretty crap on restart - sorry! Was a nice move on the chicane and the radar let me know where you was at all time, tried to get deeper for a quicker exit but seemed you had the perfect line through and off you went, no catching you after that - esp with myself and JC spinning twice i think within a few laps lol

Yeah know that one - got an earful after Sunday - 'you been on that all bloody week' ..! haha
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well what a night to remember.
    First night hosting and I have to manually order the grid for the first time. So it was a steep learning curve, but I know how to do it now.
    QUAL - Thought I had managed a good time for Qual and was 2nd or 3rd across, but I Qual'ed early and my time wasn't that flash after all, starting the race in 9th. I've never been overly fast, just consistent. It is something I need to work on.

RACE - Had someone stuck on the grid first time out, so had to restart the race. I was loathe to do so as it was such a wonderfully clean start. But we did anyhow.
    As I was back of the pack, I had a nice clear view of the first few corners and they all seemed to go well. Angry (@Blake Brindle) seemed to have some serious internet issues (he mentioned to me that he completely DC'ed earlier, which might explain the poor connection / performance) as his car was bouncing left to right, back and forth for the entire night. It even changed color to white o_O
    That made the first lap very interesting and there were several offs due to either bumps from Angry or from drivers not knowing where Angry's car was going to be. I had a major off on this lap due to this, but I wasn't alone. Once back on track I passed @Te_Wheke who spun out? and was in 6th spot.
    Once we got the first lap out of the way, I was behind @AroGantz and Angry until pits. Those 2 were at it for 12 laps. Nicely done to the both of you for the quality of racing you both put in. I didn't dare jump into the fray mainly because I didn't want to have any major offs. Their pace was also very good for such close racing.

I knew that softs would last about 10 laps, so I jumped into pits at the end of lap 12, to give me maximum time on the softs. This strategy payed off and once everyone had been through pits, I was 5th, just behind Aro.
    I had a brief battle with Aro with about 8 laps to go, but he ran wide and I had the clean line and took him.

I looked up and saw that @Jcp was 13s in front. I was devastated, but soldiered on.
    By race end I had caught up to 2nd / 3rd who were in a nice battle themselves with about a 8s gap. I pulled away from Aro and had about the same to him.
    The back end of the race was kind of quiet, but it allowed me to focus on my lines. Got my fastest of 2.04.050 in the back half, which is still almost 2s off of the FL. @skintsaint I don't know how you pulled that off, but GG. Perhaps you are Div 3 material :cool:

Overall, I was stoked to have taken my highest position to date, even after a seemingly poor qual.

I'm excited that this season is going to be quite competitive and not a complete 1 sided affair. Looking forward to more close and enjoyable racing.

Come on Monza!!!!
    Inzyman, skintsaint, AroGantz and 2 others like this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    we suggested that and made a new room as well to be on the safe side
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Looks like a competitive field... Installing NBN connection kit tomorrow will post up speeds etc, also PSN ban is lifted on Wednesday/Thursday not sure what time/time zone they will go off when the ban ends but will be available for Sunday
    skintsaint likes this.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Also congratulations to @incey , @skintsaint and @Jcp to your first win and podium finish of Division 4.
    To everyone else, whom are basically all new, us veterans (lol, veterans) I hope that it was a good race.
    Looking forward to seeing you all next week.
    Inzyman, Jcp and skintsaint like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 2 : Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 24 laps - 10:00 Cloudy - 18/2

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. TURNS 1, 3, 7-8, 9-10, & main straight are the areas to be careful for track limits.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    IMPORTANT: Monza turns 1 & 3 have the possibility of cars being reset for cutting the chicanes. Of course doing this on purpose is not acceptable.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 1 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset after the chicane which gains you an advantage. It will be UP TO YOU to reduce pace to get back into the position you were in as you entered the chicane. This MUST BE DONE before the end of the lap.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 3 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset in the chicane which results in a disadvantage. Like any other incident, the person who caused it, should redress.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  8. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Blimey @incey your race time would have put you 4th in Div 2! :)
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    and 3rd in Div 3, within 1 second of first :eek:
    Nicely done @incey
    Inzyman and Tristan Jones like this.
  10. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Ozglenn, NAACS, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Don't forget I wouldn't have had a clear track to get that time in the other divs ;) racing in traffic makes a huuuge difference
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    and your fastest lap is Div 1 speed!! :alien::alien::alien:
    Ozglenn, Tristan Jones, Jcp and 3 others like this.
  13. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

No point if I spend 3 or 4 times in the gravel a race! haha
    Jcp and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That's true and I think that is the biggest difference in the divisions, consistency is the key.
    Tristan Jones, skintsaint and Jcp like this.
  15. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Yep that was me, I absolutely nailed that corner on my fastest qualifying lap (as in the best I'd ever taken it) and tried to repeat the feat and got it all wrong. Note to self: qualifying pace and race pace are two different things. :roflmao:

I got my strategy all wrong though as I didn't think soft tyres would last anywhere near as long as they do and wound up staying out far too long, and by the time I pitted I'd lost the places I made up after my first lap spin and was a fair way back from them as well. Ended up spinning a couple of times in the last few laps pushing too hard to make up the time I'd lost but with only 6 laps of wear my softs were in great shape when I finished though. :laugh:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Inzyman, Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    nothings changed hey m8
    incey likes this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    There is a message that is a constant on this site and it is something I subscribe to. Do not worry about pace, as it will come naturally with time (practice). Instead aim for smaller achievable goals. Like racing just above comfortable or no major offs caused by you.
    I've changed the way I race from last season and seem to be doing ok for it. The change i made was to attempt to not notice the rear view mirror as much as it can be a distraction, which when watching the replay up until my pit on lap 12 both @Dosy and @Antmeg26 made some serious challenges that I didn't even notice. :rolleyes: While on the topic of the replay, special mention to @Dosy for the redress on the first lap. Nicely done.
    Had I noticed them I reckon I would have failed badly and not gotten my result. The other one I mentioned was racing just above comfortable, which doesn't mean Sunday driving. It means you race to just above your limit, for me that is when I grimace on corners not knowing if I'm going to make it stick. In time you will not do that because your driving will have gotten better and that is the new norm, by which stage you start making progress towards the podiums.
  18. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Think Monza will be a really close race, not too many places to cock up on. First chicane is so easy to get wrong on exit.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my exit is ok, its the entry where i'm struggling to find consistency
    Inzyman likes this.
  20. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    This is easily the best race I haven run after so woeful efforts last season, I qualified quite well in 4th and got a pretty good run into the first set of corners and it was all close running action yup to turn 7 where I clipped @Jcp, looking at the replay I probably didn't need to redress but at the time I decided to not run full throttle out of the corner so JC could reclaim his spot. Once @Te_Wheke went off not long after I had a decent lead on @Tristan Jones until I looped on turn 1 at the start of lap 4 and three cars went past, this was a pivotal moment for me, last season I would have gotten angry with myself and made more mistakes but there was no anger and I just set to the task of regaining my lost spots.
    It didn't take too long before @Blake Brindle and then @Inzyman went off and i set my sights on Jonesy, another lap on and Blake was bouncing around in my mirror so i had to try to defend as well which i did for several laps until he finally got past but fortunately went off the track again, I finally caught Jonesy on lap 12 with just enough time for a BHR team photo before I hit the pits.
    After the pit stops had settled down I found myself back in 4th with a fast finishing @Matthyus closing in on me so it was defensive mode once again until I ran wide on turn 11 and he slid past, there was one more lapse of concentration that gave Jonesy some hope but I regained my composure to bring home 5th spot for my highest place to open the season.

Congrats to @incey, @skintsaint and @Jcp on you're podiums and congrats to the entire field for a reasonably clean race.

And thank you @Matthyus for hosting, it went well.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018