Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Sure you can. I only really practiced on Monday last race.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'm talking about mere mortals ;)
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We only had 23 race from a grid of 32 rnd1, so anyone that wants to race should easily get a spot each round as is atm.
    KoAStR and jlynn777 like this.
  4. Brenton Foggo

Brenton Foggo New Recruit

cool thanks
  5. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Thanks mate.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hey guys. Monday night's round went well for me. I'm by no means a natural with open wheelers so I expected to struggle. I was extremely lucky in R1 to miss the T1 incident without even having to lift - I just followed Shaun through and suddenly I was in 2nd!! It had helped that I'd done my PB in qualy to grab 6th :). I had an absolute massive moment at the end of lap 2 coming onto the straight and should have ended up in the wall but somehow managed to save it. Only lost out 1 position to mesafto. Little errors saw my pace suffer and jlynn was able to get past too but I hung on in a long battle with Peter Hughes to secure 4th. Stoked.

R2 I was very cautious in the early laps to avoid incidents and again was lucky but my tyres cooled too much and I struggled for a while to get balance. I couldn't keep the faster guys behind me but was satisfied with 8th. Really enjoyed the battles. Overall 5th for the round was way beyond expectation. Well done TTB for a great opening round effort :)

I just wanted to say thanks to those in charge for not doing a restart in R1. My view is that if someone makes a mistake, shunts other cars and causes a pile up then it's a natural part of racing and whoever is involved just has to take it on the chin (speaking in general here - not having a go at anyone involved in Monday's T1 incident). I've been there a few times and sometimes there's been a restart and sometimes not. It's not really consistent. I feel a restart should only be considered for a network or server issue - in other words something that's not a 'natural' part of racing. So if the server lags or a driver warps badly causing a crash then by all means restart. The fact that every driver knows there won't be a restart just because of a mistake at T1 should make everyone a bit more cautious at the start.
    Rolz, c4rLo5, vanzr and 2 others like this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey man welcome to the forum. Get some practice in and rock up on Monday night. Sort your discord out for the password. I'll let K sort your team out.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    TTB for @Brenton Foggo ; ) Welcome
    Anon666 likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Even though I got the bad end of the stick with the t1 incident I never would have considered a need for a restart. Its a part of racing and I just took it on the chin and had a go at gaining as much as possible.
    Rolz, Godzilla and krunch like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I wouldn’t want a restart either, it’s unfair to those who did get a good start. In the immediate aftermath you sort of think how you can undo this mess, but that’s just the way it is.
    krunch likes this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi all, suggest you test join full distance prac server so u confirm u have track with extra pits installed (can be sourced from link in first post)
    Saves on issues for Monday :)
    marty likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Regarding possible tracks rest of the season, these are tracks that were raced in 2004.
    Round Grand Prix Circuit Date
    1 Australian Grand Prix [​IMG] Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne 7 March
    2 Malaysian Grand Prix [​IMG] Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur 21 March
    3 Bahrain Grand Prix [​IMG] Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir 4 April
    4 San Marino Grand Prix [​IMG] Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola 25 April
    5 Spanish Grand Prix [​IMG] Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona 9 May
    6 Monaco Grand Prix [​IMG] Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo 23 May
    7 European Grand Prix [​IMG] Nürburgring, Nürburg 30 May
    8 Canadian Grand Prix [​IMG] Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal 13 June
    9 United States Grand Prix [​IMG] Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis 20 June
    10 French Grand Prix [​IMG] Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours, Magny Cours 4 July
    11 British Grand Prix [​IMG] Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone 11 July
    12 German Grand Prix [​IMG] Hockenheimring, Hockenheim 25 July
    13 Hungarian Grand Prix [​IMG] Hungaroring, Budapest 15 August
    14 Belgian Grand Prix [​IMG] Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot 29 August
    15 Italian Grand Prix [​IMG] Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza 12 September
    16 Chinese Grand Prix [​IMG] Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai 26 September
    17 Japanese Grand Prix [​IMG] Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka 10 October
    18 Brazilian Grand Prix [​IMG] Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo 24 October
    Official tracks in AC though most have changed since 2004

There are ok mod versions of some of the other tracks which if anyone has a link we can test to see if it works ok in mp and dont have major issues.
    vanzr and krunch like this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

We have Imola, Spa, Monza and Nurburgring so really only one mod track needed. Monaco? Shame the mod floating around isn’t very good
  14. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I’d love to see hungaroring, Shanghai, or COTA in the mix. There are ok mod versions of those
    vanzr likes this.
  15. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Brazil ain't too bad either
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Australia? That mod seems pretty good
  17. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    COTA would be awesome
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Is there a decent AC mod? F2004 has never raced there either
    marty likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its the worst track on the calendar though :D and the mod version I tried a while back was actually not great either. A good Suzuka version would be nice. If anyone puts some links up for at least 3 possible mod tracks I can put them up on a server to test. I will look for Suzuka as I remember having a fairly decent version a while back just cant remember where I got it. Fairly sure it was a codies rip as are mot of the ok f1 mod tracks.
  20. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_