GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Delete all this rubbish
    Motors560 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 2 : Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 24 laps - 10:00 Cloudy - 18/2

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. TURNS 1, 3, 7-8, 9-10, & main straight are the areas to be careful for track limits.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    IMPORTANT: Monza turns 1 & 3 have the possibility of cars being reset for cutting the chicanes. Of course doing this on purpose is not acceptable.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 1 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset after the chicane which gains you an advantage. It will be UP TO YOU to reduce pace to get back into the position you were in as you entered the chicane. This MUST BE DONE before the end of the lap.
    IF you are the recipient of a tap at Turn 3 which results in your car resetting, you will end up being reset in the chicane which results in a disadvantage. Like any other incident, the person who caused it, should redress.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I find it kind of funny that a group of grown men (i presume) are getting into a scrap over a rule which is so basic and has been pretty much a rule since Motorsport began. I've never seen a motor racing series in the world that allows someone coming out of pit lane to cross the pit exit line. Even if the rule wasn't written perfectly clear. I think it's meaning is very easy to understand

@seth123 and @Hatfield pretty much nailed it with their essay long responses. The reason you're not mean't to cross the pit exit line is because your speeding up to match the speed that cars on the circuit are doing. If the rule didn't exist you'd have idiots speeding up from a pit lane speed limit and trying to block cars doing speed considerable more than you and that would cause some pretty big crashes i'm sure.

As @Pixeliz3d_DoD said, Let's focus on the next few races. Their's no point working ourself up over something so minor. Last race even though it sucked for me was one of the most competitive i'd taken part in for a long time. Apart from Beau and Mezign the rest of the field was pretty close and that's something we should really excited about especially when last season division 1 had next to no runners. Also we have some of the best sim racers here so let's appreciate that, It's so much better than racing idiots online.

Also if you want to change things up Chocolate popcorn is so good. Had to add that in with all the popcorn comments i've seen recently lol.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI all, there have been reports that running a +2 rim size is quicker than standard. I welcome any testing into this.
  5. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Thank you for validating my point. You along with many other members are under the assumption that you are not permitted to cross the pit exit line. Which would have been my understanding as well until I read Hatfield's driver briefing, which as opposed to following standard FIA ruling, states that we are permitted to cross the pit exit line except if it directly blocks or impedes another driver.

This is exactly why I asked the question. None of us had it clear. We all had our own interpretation because the rule wasn't written to state the difference between right and wrong. Now that @Hatfield has made the rule clear there can be no interpretation of how it should be treated in race. Basically, if a driver impedes you when exiting the pit lane by not observing the white line you have the right to protest them. If a driver has clear space and crosses the line to open his/her line into turn one and doesn't directly impede another driver they are free to do so.
  6. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231

I thought i upload my Qualifying lap from Sunday because it felt very good, hope yous guys like it, and sorry about the sound I think my PS4 is dying lol
    incey, deedz_aus, Russell and 4 others like this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    It looks good, no too good....
    Can I complain/protest about the lap being too #**%#ing perfect :rolleyes:
  8. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    @Hatfield will remove you from his team if you ever did that lol
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Probably not, leave it visible. nothing bads going on Mezign asked a question there’s been civil responses if we keep deleting these things the problems will never be overcome, Just start something up then sweep under the rug back to square 1 next week it gives members an invincibility status when that stuff happens
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Which is exactly why I ask questions in a public forum, despite how blunt or directed they might be. Information is public and accessible to everyone, and admins have a firm line drawn in the sand for all to follow - as wavy as that line may be. :thumbsup:
    Zachery likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    my line is as wavy as those graphs you posted about TCS usage :inlove:
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    There we go
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hey guys, I wanted to try my hand at a highlights video from round 1 with commentary.
    Could everyone who raced last sunday, either reply or PM me with their most memorable part of the race please?
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Didnt have any
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Not even that time @Luckgoesmyway won a seat?
    Knuckles likes this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You know the one ;)
    ssman244 likes this.
  17. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Just watch the mid pack battles in the first half of the race between, Mustafur, razor, motors, myself and risky, plenty of close action there
    Mustafur and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  18. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I just looked back at the replay... there honestly wasnt any. @KeedenMcdonald was in Eastern Germany and everyone else was floating around the French/Belgian border. My race was so lonely it could be highlighted by a black screen and thd sound of crickets.

Second last lap i broke 50m too early for the chicane and cut the first apex because i yawned so hard that i couldnt see. :roflmao:
  19. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
  20. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Was a pretty clean lap, probably lost a tenth at the lesmos. Lol.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Tristan Jones and KeedenMcdonald like this.