GT Sport Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Looking forward to Sunday.. I have a total of 8 laps ever, on Monza.. This will be fun
  2. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I still cant get 5 laps out consecutively without making a mistake.. im just hoping to stay on the track for this one haha
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  3. LennonLegend1993

Oh you're actually going to turn up for this race? :D
    deedz_aus likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @pat65 would you open a room early to see if @aranteamo (azzbang) can get in and stay in your room with a full field. If he can we will continue with that room. If not we have the option of getting @Bluemoon to host as usual.
  5. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Will do.
    VARDZ and emmo46 like this.
  6. LennonLegend1993

Good race lads. Still getting the hang of racing games, but enjoyable nonetheless!
    Tristan Jones and deedz_aus like this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1st. Ozglenn 47:21.771
    2nd. disturboed 47:25.793 FL
    3rd. pat65 47:32.590
    4th. arakasi- 47:33.858
    5th. VARDZ 47:35.458 POLE
    6th. Green Terror 47:47.549
    7th. Bluemoon 47:48.051
    8th. emmo46 47:55.408
    9th. LennonLegend1993 48:08.822
    10th Jerry 48:16.994
    11th DAMN_RIGHT_BOB 48:22.378
    deedz_aus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  8. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Got my feet wet last night in my first race, didn't race particularly tidy, but beside a Turn 4 outside curb incident it was a pretty happy with my race. Keen for next race!
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sprint round tyres will be RS only and lap count is 9 laps each race
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi - 2 x 9 laps - 11:30 Fine SPRINT ROUND

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is ESPECIALLY important for Race 2 as it is REVERSE GRID from the finishing results of race 1.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RS tyres. No other tyres are available for this SPRINT ROUND

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  12. LennonLegend1993

Obviously cause im a noobie - can someone explain how it works for calculating positions based on the two race results?

If you come 1st in race 1, and 2nd in race 2, your total result is (1+2) 3? And the lowest result wins?
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I think it goes full points for race 1, and then half points for race 2.
  14. LennonLegend1993

Ahh, somewhat alternate approach to what I had in mind. Thanks.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    First race allocate normal points. Second race allocate half points.
    Add together and place drivers in positions based on accumulated points.

Allocate final points based on these positions.

Eg. Driver 1 comes first in race 1 (25pts) and second in race 2 (20/2= 10pts). Total = 35 pts
    Driver 2 comes second in race 1 (20pts) and first in race 2 (25/2= 12.5pts) Total = 32.5pts
    Driver 1 comes first overall and is allocated 25 pts to their season total
    driver 2 comes second overall and is allocated 20 pts to their season total
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's correct, but the sum of your two races just determines your position for the night and then points are awarded as normal for first place etcetera and then pole and FL points allocated. For example if you win race 1 you will get 25 points, a third in the reverse grid 2nd race would give 8 points (1/2 points). That means you would have 33 points. That would be enough to win the round and you would be awarded 25 points for the overall win. Any bonus points would be added to that as normal. If two drivers end up with the same points from the two heats and lets say they are equal for 5th on the night, the driver with the higher position in the first race will be given points for 5th and the other would get the points for 6th.
  17. LennonLegend1993

Thanks for the clarification. Don't know why I'm asking anyway; I'll still accumulate a total of 0. o_O
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The only way to get zero is to finish 16th in both races.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not true. You could place in the points and still get beaten for 15th overall and come 16th
  20. LennonLegend1993

Maybe my sarcasm wasn't portrayed correctly through my use of 1 winky face..;);););););););)
    Tristan Jones and emmo46 like this.