GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Best get testing this afternoon not played all week and my leg is giving me :):):):), not boding well.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    you've got plenty of points from round 1, theres no pressure for this one.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I enjoyed watching that. thanks for putting the time into it
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Drop round? Or if you know you might miss another round no harm in using the controller...
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I remember wondering what happened about then, I saw position change and gap close heaps!
  6. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Qualifying: Note @Matthyus did start higher up but got sent to rear of field for exiting
    [​IMG]
    Provisional Results pending any protests:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest laps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Russell, incey and Matthyus like this.
  7. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hey everyone,
    apologies once again for missing tonight's race, I've been at Barbagallo all weekend and didn't get a chance to jump on and let you guys know how i was travelling. Hopefully all went well tonight, and i should be right to go for next week
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks mate. Was getting there with this after dinner.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    After a decent qual and the race about to start ant notes that his FL might not be legit. I left the room to investigate not knowing that it removes your time. So sadly I started last instead.
    Race
    Turn 1 looked 'interesting' from last spot. I'll make sure that makes the highlight video. o_O
    I made several spots back in the first lap, but I had lost my mojo and couldn't maintain it after having been kicked to last by my actions.
    After several lapses in judgement / offs and a really bad crash at lismo where I broke my engine for 30s, this felt like a nail in the coffin. Once I got some focus back and I pitted at the end of lap 10 I managed to claw back some positions, but it was a fight as consistently was not my friend tonight.

It was good to see the FL change several times. We as a Division need to focus on consistently to make inceys life mildly challenging. :D
    Good race to @incey @Jcp & @Dosy on your win and podium finishes.
    I'm sad that my race wasn't what I wanted but there is always next week.
    See you there.
    Inzyman, incey, CAB77 and 2 others like this.
  10. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Well done to the top 3! I was never at the races so to speak after spinning on lap one at a point i never span before - and then to do it again at least 5 more times. I took a few dodgy hits but won't appeal or anything as it didn't effect my destiny to finish last as i was truly dreadful. I'm probably not going to make next weeks race either to make up for it :/
    Inzyman likes this.
  11. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Had connection issues at the start resulting in me being forced out of qualifying at the end and starting on the back row. Then coming into turn 1 my backend just went wild like I received a massive shunt, but being on the back row that was impossible. Checked the replay after the race and the line I drove off the start did not equate to what the replay showed, I started on the right side of the track and was working my way left into the middle of the track to reduce the angle for turn 1, and yet on the replay I did the opposite and went to the right winding up with 2 wheels completely off the track when I hit the brakes which explained why I lost control so violently. Thankfully I was ghosted as I spun which meant while I shunted a couple of cars, they were able to drive through me. I did get a glimpse of someone completely airborne on the exit so I'll have to have a another look at what happened further up the field.

Not a good start for a race where my goal was just to be consistent, I kind of new my pace would mean that top 10 would be the limit in terms of an achievable target as there were a few corners were I knew I was giving up time in the name of keeping it on the track. But from 13th after turn 1 I was able to fight my way back up to the lofty heights of 7th before a couple of the faster cars who had wound up behind me due to incidents got it together so I was 9th when I pitted on lap 9. Dropped back to 12th but then wound up 9th again once all the pitstops were sorted, I passed antmeg26 after he spun late in the race to grab 8th which should've set up an interesting finish with me being 5 seconds ahead with 5 laps remaining and him being about a second a lap faster. But alas had a spin on turn 4 I'm assuming due to my tyres being so old as I couldn't explain how it happened otherwise (touched the kerbstones on the exit had a fair bit of clearance before the grass) - frustrating as until that point barring whatever it was that happened on turn 1 I had basically achieved my goal of keeping it on the track.

Happy enough with 9th as it seemed like a fair reflection of my pace but will keep focussing on just trying to get through without spinning.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Inzyman, Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  12. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    I had done nothing but spin out all week, did not put more than 5 laps together at any time. Main goal, get through with as minimal offs as possible. Great start from the back of the grid and got to watch and giggle at the mayhem turn 1. Passed through half a dozen ghosts to end up 6th. Felt good and sure enough spun and into the wall turn 7 and back to last, 23 laps to go not looking good!.

Head down and took it easy, happy to see some pretty handy drivers down my way in the form of Skin and Ant after their spins and a few others moved up to a handy 8th. Could see the better guys catching me back up and did not battle to hard on their arrival and pretty much let them pass. Kept it steady went deep into a few corners but 23 laps with no offs so was absolutely wrapped. A few of the lads got a little excited ahead on the last couple of laps and picked up a couple of places and finished, NOT LAST! Very happy with the result considering. Don't think I screwed anybodies race up and stayed on the track, mission accomplished. May take the season I think to get the experience needed to really bang doors with confidence but great fun last night!
    deedz_aus and Matthyus like this.
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    What a race! Congrats to the podium, great to see the leaders getting changed up!

I was quietly confident when starting, with everyone talking about how many offs they had during training - and I had a pace that I "knew" I could stay on track.

During practise I saw plenty of times better than the 1:58 i was getting, even though I was making low 57's during the week. My first 3 Q laps had resulted in 9th - and I saw my 4th lap start at 8:20, so I knew the 4th was my last - maybe back of Q pack wasn't such a good idea. So plenty of pressure...and I came away 1:57.5? or so, making me 4th, was stoked to park and bank that time!

I made my way up to second as people fell away in various mistakes - was kicking myself when I pushed too hard around a corner with Incey behind me, went into grass, then went too hard coming back on and spun. In retrospect, I was glad I didn't lose more places, was only dropped back to 7th or so.

I had quite a few mistakes...a handful or so...more than usual, giving me incentive to make a highlight reel, will see what I can do...

I had been planning to pit on lap 10, as I knew from practise I could make fuel and softs last for 14 laps. When I was in second and still making good time on my RM, i put it off, even though last week more RM time seemed to cost me, pitting late and going from 2nd to 7th - though 2nd wasn't race position last race, only due to overtaking pitted drivers . This time I pitted earlier than most on lap12, and went from a real 2nd to 7th. I did gain a few spots again as people pitted, I was hoping @Antmeg26 wasn't doing a RH strat as he seemed quick! Was glad to see him pit.

I just noticed @Jcp rushing up behind me, thoughts rush through my head - how is he behind me, i just pitted, how is he braking late, he must be at the end of his tyres - then he overshot the chicane and came out in front of me, even without being reset. He thankfully waited and redressed...I then proceeded to run into the barricade that he smashed onto the track, and I spun, as he took off into the distance.

Saw Angry @Blake Brindle jumping a little, not nearly as much as last race, maybe he upgraded something? We seem to be a similar pace, we overtook each other a few times, some good racing! I also seem to be simliar to Greg @Kieran_B33, who I seemed to hang around for a while - who was also lagging a bit. With the jumping left and right I wasn't sure how to overtake cleanly, so I went for the pass on one of my strong corners, leaving over a car width of track space for him...i didn't feel a collision though he drive off track and lost some time - I thought I was OK to not redress as I took corner slower than usual to make lots of room, didn't make contact...what do you think Greg? Was the pass OK?
    I was also unsure of an off I helped cause, think it was Angry or Ant behind me, I overshot the first half of the chicane, causing me to go wide into grass on the second half, rather than cutting it. As I came back on to the track, I was passed but then he went off on the left, perhaps trying to avoid me? What do you think @Blake Brindle ?? Have you had a look at replays of your first chicane?

Plenty of more excitement that I can't remember right now in my morning tea break ;) but last lap was exciting, starting last lap in 5th, 2.5 seconds behind Angry, thinking only a mistake will save me now...then overtook Angry he almost got me back on last corner...

Stoked to Q & finish 4th, best finish yet!
    Inzyman, incey, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    What lap/corner was it again I'll have a look later
  15. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Do you know I had same issues as kept spinning off the kerbs in race while not at any time during any practicing. Wondering if the practice rooms where setup wrong? ..maybe just looking for excuses.
    Te_Wheke likes this.
  16. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    EDIT: To many nervous beers yesterday left my mind scrambled as to what actually happened.
    Apologies to @Antmeg26 and @incey.

Great race. Quali went as expected for me putting in a solid lap for 3rd. Got through turn 1 well and was happy falling into line behind @Antmeg26 and @skintsaint. The next few turns see skint make an error and I take 2nd. Next corner @Antmeg26 runs wide and I'm through to the lead. As I see ant dissapearing in my rear mirror I think ripper this is all mine. Got way ahead of myself and missed the brake point into the back chicane and bam into the wall. The whole field streams past and I'm dead last. I gather myself together and think I've gotta recover somehow. I decided to pit on lap 2 for softs and a top up of fuel. From there i had a blast overtaking car after car trying to be as clean as possible to make it 5th or 6th I think before pitting again on lap 13. I continued to make time up and found myself up to 2nd when a heap of the leaders pitted. Incey had bolted by now and had a 13sec lead. I think i got it down to 9sec before running wide into the sand. Meanwhile @Dosy had come right up on me with good pace and was quite quick through the 1st half of the lap then I would pull away in the second half of the lap. I managed to hold him off for my best result 2nd.
    Congratulations to incey well deserved win and dosy for pushing me all the way.
    Bring on next week. (Less Sunday sipppers might be a good idea.)
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  17. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Ah that explains it, I remember when you were one spot behind me coming onto the start/finish straight I put in my fastest lap so far only to be stunned to see the gap between us had fallen by about 3 seconds, at which point you set the fastest lap with a 1:55 and I was questioning what business I had playing this game if you could do that sort of time on mediums.
  18. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I did get hit from you as you spun at L1 T1 but didnt effect me too much if at all, it did make me hit fezza not sure how badly he was effected
  19. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I was affected badly :p engine damage for 30 or so seconds. 3rd was very possible for me, decided to go aggressive on pit strat by putting on softs but put in 1 lap less fuel accidentally, so had to drive lean towards the end and had 2 guys pass me and still managed to run out 10m behind the finish line and another behind beat me to the finish line by 0.3 seconds.

noticed plenty of lag from angry and greg.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well that win was a bit of a surprise. My qually lap was close to my PB and I started from 5th. I didn't think I'd have the pace to make ground on the top runners. Got a bit of a tap into turn 1 but it didn't go too badly. Left a bit of a gap on the leaders but that was probably benficial. Cars were leaving the track ahead of me every now and then so I kept moving forwards just by not crashing. Had some nice close laps with @Antmeg26 and managed to pass him almost by accident. I had popped out of his draft approaching turn 1 just to get a better look at the corner and found myself down the inside and able to turn in. I think ant pretty much gave me the spot maybe hoping to get it back later on. He stayed with me for awhile but went off somewhere and I was by myself. @Kieran_B33 caught up for awhile but never really got close enough to challenge. I made a couple of little mistakes especially with the softs chasing the fastest lap and it took a wall hit at lesmo to knock some sense in and just keep it tidy. I must have done 10 laps at 1.57.5xx and one consecutive lap was 1/1000 different at one stage. At least I was staying consisitent. Noticed @Jcp charging through the field but he needed more laps to catch up than was left in the race.
    Second last lap my old deaf half blind dog decides to walk back and forth over the lead dangling between the rig and the PS4. I'm trying to grab it with one hand and drive with the other. Then it knocked the water bottle over so i had to get that back upright. Thought i was gonna beach it. Eventually it buggered off long enough to do the last lap and home for the win.
    There was some amazing lap times put up so I'm really happy about getting a win even though i could only manage about 8th fastest lap time. Also sounds liek a few of you got your best possie in rooz to date so well done.