Division 1 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah nah...
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Div1 is hard racing! Oh wait did I leave a word out there....??
    Haha just stirring.
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i always found div 2 to be the sweet spot for haird but clean racing. from my experience, when you get to div1 everyone thinks theres multi million dollar contracts on the line lolol
    TheJuzzy, Spidey_11, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    It was a highly enjoyable race last night for the most part, only mistake i made was probably peeling away into the pits before AO, turns out that juicy battle was giving me extra speed.

Early laps were absolutely hectic with the front few guys drafting like we were racing the Daytona 500, it also ended a bit like Daytona with all of us spinning or crashing out to leave AO out front lol.

After my stop @AOCleaner74 slowly eeked out the gap and i slowly drifted back to @autech91 and @Slambobagan. Slambo caught and passed me with relative ease but the battle once again gave me newfound speed and i started to dice for position with him. Some hard and clean racing resulted in me getting back in front and Slambo becoming the meat in what was an SAR sandwhich. Unfortunately he looped it and lost out with a few to go.

Held of Aut's right until the end for what was looking like a second place finish until my heart skipped a few beats when i rounded a turn to find AO's nose pointed back at me. I blew an opportunity to scamper with a big slide out of the final turn as Autech picked out the stranded car of AO. He kept in my draft long enough for a last-ditch effort with 3 corners left, to cut a long story short and avoid another argument we both dropped a spot and AO regained the lead and the win that quite frankly he deserved for a stellar drive bar his late error.

On to Ruapauna (??) or as i call it, "Where are all the sheep? Park". The sprint round promises to bring some tasty racing, hopefully all ends well :)
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    W-w-what do ya mean.....t-t-t-there isn't????
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Zachery likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hahahaha not quite.
    Kieran_B33 and RHINO11 like this.
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I think the problem is, to be Up there in div 1 you need to drive at the limit of the cars capabilities, and a few metres to late on the brakes can end in tears,, less room for error mistakes will happen,
    No one is Intentionally taking others out, it’s just hard fast racing.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah the racing itself isnt the issue so much. its the way over the top reactions from tiny mistakes that makes all the difference
    autech91 likes this.
  9. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah but sometimes 'tiny' mistakes aren't quite so tiny and that's why people get upset
    Zachery likes this.
  10. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yeah we’ve all had nights that haven’t gone our way, @SUBGTRACER, it sucks but it was only lap 2, if your were making ground on the field you obviously had pace, over 30laps you can get back up there, especially if you try and stay in clean air and don’t pit till the end.
    Don’t leave yet give it another chance
    TheJuzzy, Spidey_11, stucar17 and 6 others like this.
  11. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Thanks Slambo , I'm not here to argue or trout mouth you guys if its good racing or not ...... I'm just going to call it a day .
    Zachery likes this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Disappointed if you do go sub, have certainly copped the rough end of the pineapple a few times, but a mistake and redress I can Cop, as frustrating as it can be. Have pace, it’s just getting through the first 3 or 4 laps and getting the field spread.
  13. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Don't pull the pin mate mate, racing with these guy's & girls is the best way to learn how to race under pressure. I haven't been around for a while and regret it because I'm not as quick as I use to be .
    You'd be surprised how many spots I give away in the first few laps sometimes just to avoid punting someone off or the other . Trust me @SUBGTRACER, stick around and keep with it, and be proud your racing with some of the best in Australia .
    Oh and NZ .
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987

Here you go, unfortunately I broke at the same time and had no option but to try and put it in the hole. You got the :):):):) end of the stick as usual. I don't enjoy hitting anyone or being hit, but I do love the people I get to race with and if that means a bit of contact from racing hard from time to time then so be it.
    TheJuzzy, Spidey_11 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  15. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@SUBGTRACER I will give poppin that he was trying to miss everyone his breaking started earlier than where I would usually break (with clean air in front of me) and the hole closed up and you where the poor bloke that get screwed. It would be a shame to see you leave with all the hard work you have put in over the past few months.
    TheJuzzy and AOCleaner74 like this.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Not in this at all, but thanks heeps for all ya help lately mate..if ya see me online pop me an invite have had fun:)
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Spidey's race re-cap:
    [​IMG]
    The SAR team put in a great effort around Texas speedway and we made sure to use the draft of each other to get further up the grid. I was stoked to put my car on P3, my best qualy position in a long time.
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid I got a lucky release into first gear and was around @RHINO11 into P2 for the first few corners. Knowing he had better pace and playing the team game I let him through to hunt down @Slambobagan so he couldn't get too far ahead.

Lap 2 turn 2 was interesting going 3 wide and unlucky me caught a bit of grass on the outside and i went for a trip to the infield. I chose the high line not the outside and it didn't pay off.
    [​IMG]
    Next up I caught the wide ass of @TheJuzzy and had to get used to that view as he knows how to keep you behind. I didn't want to pit early so I joined on the end of the a battle with Juzzy, @Kartdude45 and @mikeruntbike.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 10 was when two driving lines merged into one with me on the high side of the turn 1 banking and @POPPINFRESH1234 on the low side. My normal line was a lot lower and I didn't account for the scrub of the car underneath coming up slightly so we exchange a bit of paint. This started the remaining race long battle with Poppin.
    [​IMG]
    I pitted lap 12 to try and get some clean air but next lap came out behind Poppin.
    Lap for lap it was going each way between Poppin and myself. When i was close enough I would try the high side of the draft as he covered off the better inside line. A few times I would get passed but to lose traction coming out of turn 2 just to see Poppin go by again.
    Lap 19 came up, @Coojak3009 joined the battle, and I had a sniff of taking that place in turn 3. A bad exit meant we stayed in a pack and three went into the flip flop with lucky little Spidey coming out in front. It was short lived as the next lap I ruined my breaking just enough to let Poppin back past for half a lap and another intense few laps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (you can see who features heavily in here)

I was pushing hard to catch Juzzy in P6 and connected with the outside wall at turn 2.... and Poppin got past.
    [​IMG]
    The replay ends on lap 25 but the remaining laps were just the same. Fantastic hard driving and I had a brain fade on the run to the finish line as I forgot where it was. I thought we crossed it earlier and sadly pushed Poppin against the wall. Luckily he still managed to finish ahead and my error didn't cost him the place.

Have a look how close those finishing times are! (Hoping someone has the screenshot as I missed it)
    Thanks for reading. I had some errors in the race but it was so much more enjoyable due to the close racing.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    PaulCox, Coojak3009, stucar17 and 4 others like this.
  18. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Bloody good recap @Spidey_11. High standard stuff.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Which end would that be?
  20. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Thanks Paul its been a pleasure , see you online bud , same goes for you .... swing me a invite . Need any help give me a yell .
    PaulCox and Anthonyb like this.