Division 2 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Weird... Can't see it anymore..
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Will give imgur a go.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Same here
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
  5. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Can everyone see my pics now??
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    i couldn't b4 but can now
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  7. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    :thumbsup:
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Hey all, was never going to be around for R1 and gave notice at the meet & greet. (And in my signup post for the season)

Looking forward to seeing you all this week at Texas.
    t_b_williams and stucar17 like this.
  9. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    A heads up too that I will miss rounds 3 & 4. Going on a cruise for round 3, and will be at Adelaide 500 for round 4.
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    All good jim, we knew about you.
    Cheers
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver Briefing for Round 2. Sorry late this week, been a bit crook and not able to get on for any laps.....

ROUND 2 : TEXAS ROAD - 32 LAPS - 21/5/18

- Qual Time - @ 3pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 4pm - Heavy cloud / Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    Sorry about crappy track map.....was the best i could find.....

[​IMG]

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 1 ISSUES : Well done last week to everyone. Only 1 incident that was protested, great job from everyone across all 4 divs. We only had 1 issue with the pit stops in all 4 divs. PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.

DIV 4 DRIVERS : ANNE is hosting for the first time, so please bare with her as she sets things up, has any possible issues and works through getting everyone in the room. you Will need to save race results, and dont forget your replay ! Please help each other out as you get the season started.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Round 1 was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. There are a couple of spots drivers will have to be aware of cutting. The TURN 5 CHICANE must be clean. Drivers are also NOT PERMITTED to run on the lower apron, IE left of the white line on the oval.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 3, TURN 6 and the final turn back onto the front straight

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You WONT need to change tyres or take fuel. You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 1.3 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 2.3 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Texas is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast. TBH, im not certain where the pit entry line starts ! At this stage, you can enter late, however be certain there is no-one on your left if you choose to go in late.
    PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which is on the apron, all the way down to the turn 3 hairpin. The exit is shown with broken white lines in the braking zone. When exiting the pits please watch for faster cars on the race line. Likewise, if a car is exiting the pits and has track position, other cars are expected to yield.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    PC2 update 11gb
    t_b_williams likes this.
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    A disaspointing P9 finish after a great start and leading the race for the first 15 laps, then touched the grass and had a spin letting @garyw61 pass me. Pitted on lap 27 but couldn't recover finishing about 16 sec behind the group in front.
  14. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Sorry i missed AGAIN. Was fairly unwell in the afternoon after a bad lunch.
    Def next week
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    No worries mate. Can’t sit and race if you have to sit and ...............
    ADZA_85, stucar17 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Qually and Race Results.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    fatmix68 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What a race that one was. Happy to qualify 4th having had no time to practice during the week. Got a decent start and got ahead of Kart on the run to the first hairpin but wasn't enough to make the pass stick so tucked in behind to get into the groove. Was staying right with him until he spun in front of me coming out of the turn onto the banking leaving me nowhere to go and spun as well. No worries bud, racing incident. Dropped a few places and was then behind Shane trying to find a way past. Thought I almost had it into the first hairpin as he broke a fair bit earlier than I normally did, so threw it down the inside but the old girl didn't pull up as quickly as I'd like and unfortunately took Shane out, huge apologies mate. Waited and we got going again. Pitted not long after then had a few good battles with fatmix as we both made mistakes and took advantage of the others. Then had a spin going into the first hairpin after getting a run on Kman and took the risky decision to put it way down low, just within regs (had wheels just on the apron) but this meant the tiny bit of contact that was made sent me into a sixth gear spin:eek::poop::whistling:. Didn't lose too much time but had to fight back. In the end, I couldn't believe I was sitting in 2nd. Didn't see what happened when I went from third to second, but was happy. Just had no keep it clean and bring it home for another TLR 1 - 2. Yeah baby.
  18. Kman64891

Kman64891 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Kman
    Thanks for the post tb
  19. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Next mod to the seat maybe... haha
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  20. t_b_williams