GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    First laps at KY + M is just around 2.27 on softs. Hopefully we race on softs...they get some nice wear after a few laps and the track gets more and more interesting.
  2. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Hey guys! Fun race last night, even if I did come 12th haha. That was my first race in an online racing group thing like this and I just wanted to say, so bloody fun! and the good vibes and sportsmanship make it for me. Spewin I missed the first race.. Oh and I apologise in advance for any rookie errors that I'm bound to make this season haha

Deltron2016
  3. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Looks like we will be rubbing fenders up the back mate!
    Luke likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    There comes a time in every room captain's life when he has to have the difficult conversation. Now it seems its my turn.
    This season it has been reported that competitors were seen to be outside the track limits on multiple occasions, especially in the last round. No protests have been lodged to date, so this message is in the interest of us not having to worry about protests for the rest of the season.
    During replays and even during the race, mistakes are obvious and this is not the focus of this message. The message is about gaining an advantage by racing outside track limits.
    It may not feel like you are getting an advantage at the time but it can have an effect on your fellow racers. When you suddenly gain a couple of tenths (or hundedths) here and there it can be very demoralising for the person building, or closing, a gap.
    The easiest way to alleviate this is to have a lift when you find yourself outside the track limits in the same place for the second or third time. A self imposed lift penalty for a fraction of a second will let those watching the replay know that you are aware of the mistake and are willing to own up to it. Even if your battle partner sees the discretion he/she will see that you didin't gain from it and the battle continues. It can be a great learning tool for yourself that will make you a better competitior down the track.
    We all find areas of the various tracks during practice that provide an advantage if you don't 'quite' follow the track limits but as rooz racers you are expected to resist the temptation and race on the understanding that track limits are sacrosant.
    Hatfields track guide posted prior to the race weekend should be read and understood prior to race night. Any queries regarding interpretation should be aired in the forum to obtain consensus.
    We love clean racing, that's why we are here. If you think you've gained an advantage outside track limits have a lift and get back into it.
    PM me if you would like to discuss further.
    Lets have a great rest of season.
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I got 2:25.945 on rs after a few laps tonight, plenty of improvement to be made though, hoping @Hatfield says we use rs for the sprints!
    skintsaint and Jcp like this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    great time, hoping you cant do it over and over :D:D:D
    Tristan Jones and Jcp like this.
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Had a quick go last night and getting 2.29s ..:sick:
  8. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Likewise here mate, I'll need to get some laps down Friday and Saturday.
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    When i beat your time i figured i better save that best lap...

That was my 3rd and last lap of the night, hopefully get a few more in tonight
    incey likes this.
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I got 2.26 on my first stint out. So we are pretty close there.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  11. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I won't be practicing too much, I am driving back from Marg River at 1pm'ish Sunday so will probably not make the race :/
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll wave as you drive past shall I? I live in Bunners.
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    WTF? I'm in Australind.
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Small world lol
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Wow. Talk about concidence!!
    AroGantz likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sprint round tyres will be RS only and lap count is 9 laps each race
    incey and AroGantz like this.
  17. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I'll pop my ps4 and stuff in the car and just pop in on the way back and setup ;)
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi - 2 x 9 laps - 11:30 Fine SPRINT ROUND

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is ESPECIALLY important for Race 2 as it is REVERSE GRID from the finishing results of race 1.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RS tyres. No other tyres are available for this SPRINT ROUND

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Luke and Kieran_B33 like this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Did we want to try an east coast host this week before the weekend to see if lag goes away for Angry and Kieran?
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I'd like too. Any volunteers?