Division 1 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I can only wish my connection had stayed up long enough to even get involved in some on-track controversy!
    For once in a tin top, I actually had half decent pace but nothing to show for it.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    autech91 likes this.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    stucar17 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    That's pretty dam close!!
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well now im not happy. Internet is down again and no idea when it will be back on....
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 3 : RAUPUNA : SPRINT ROUND : 1/3/18
    1 x 17 lap / 1 x 18 lap (formation lap)

- Qual Time - @ 4pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 5pm - (Light cloud /Medium cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

OK all .... SPRINT ROUND TIME !
    QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    RACE 1 : 17 laps as normal.
    RACE 2 : 18 laps..... For race 2, the room host will set up with the same regs as race 1, BUT ADD 1 LAP.
    - Cars will line up on the grid as normal, BUT ON THE GREEN LIGHT ALL CARS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1.

- DO NOT FALSE START AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SERVE A DRIVE THROUGH
    - Once in reverse order the lead car will lead the field round at 'approx" 100KPH.
    - Please try to stay within 1 car length of the car in front
    - BEFORE the last turn, the lead car will slow to 80KPH, and will start the race on the exit of 'The Rock" sweeper.
    - NO PASSING or OVERLAP till the start finish line.

Please make sure you are clear how this will work as its a lot different to our normal round races.

ROUND 2 ISSUES
    : Well done last week to everyone. Only 2 incidents that were protested, pretty good job from everyone across all 4 divs. Can always be better though. Please remember if you have an incident you wish to protest you must have your protest IN VIA PM, by no later than 12 midnight on the Monday night.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Is a slippery track, and a few of our drivers have been left chasing the pack after avoidable contact. I can see lap 1 being a nightmare if you all go in too hot, and more importantly, dont give room on the inside..Anything off line does seem particularly slippery .... goal is 0 contact for a race !

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. There are a couple of spots drivers will have to be aware of cutting. Main spots i have seen the chance to cut have been Turn 3 (fast left kink) and 9-10 (savage esses). Is a tough track to pass on, so you will need to be patient, and ALL drivers will need to give racing room. That INCLUDES the car being passed. If you mess up give the spot back. Guarantee you get through the first 2 laps when the field shakes out, there will be minimal issues.

CONTACT : Still not as good as it could be guys, everyone needs to be better here...We have lost 1 driver through frustration, which is the last thing i want. We want a strong league with full grids, and clean racing is the most important ingredient in that.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A THIS ROUND

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A THIS ROUND

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM BEFORE MIDNIGHT THE MONDAY FOLLOWING THE RACE

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  8. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    [​IMG]
    That's better , pretty sure that what the locals say .
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Why do i bother ?!
  10. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I really couldn't help myself.
    SUBGTRACER, v8power383 and autech91 like this.
  11. autech91

autech91 Professional

Can we do Bathurst so I can name a few corners.
    "I stole something elbow"
    "Got paid €5 to be here esses"
    "Got chased chase"
    "In prison there is no skyline"

XD
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Quick note for qually tonight boys.
    DO NOT CROSS THE LINE ONCE THE TIMER HAS HIT ZERO!!!!. Return to the pits, if you don't the first to do so will have their game freeze on them. Is a common fault since the last patch.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Terrible race from me. Very sorry to the guys I tapped. I ruined your races and I should be shot!
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    There goes your championship lead lol ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh:
  15. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well your not leading yet......;)
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Same point last season I was 23 points adrift....only 9 away this time. I'm feeling comfortable ;) :)
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

how many did you tap??
    i made it a test session after getting tapped out in race 2, just trying to find more car speed, hence all the spins thru the infield... no sheep ewes or rams in there at all, just super slick grass
    i just cant get to grips with this car on the brakes. got my pb down to 27 flat which would have made me competitive in div 3
    good win in race2 sub, you deserved it
    stucar17, TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  18. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Thank you Nige , much appreciated bud .....
  19. autech91

autech91 Professional

Good racing last night with @v8power383 in race 1 as well as @Slambobagan.
    Unfortunately I had that weird frame rate bug in quali so wasn't able to put in a decent enough lap to put me up higher, I knew from some practice laps that I could put in a low 55 despite the heavy cloud so was very annoyed with PC2 giving me that bug, seems like they have fixed no bugs just added a few more with the new releases SMH!
    No major dramas though as ya can't complain about 2nd, though would have definitely been 3rd if it wasn't for V8's twitchy clutch foot. Good win Slambo you kept a cool head and a steady pace. I found the car difficult to drive in the draft so I think some clear air would have been nice.

Race 2 was just a case of trying not to take anyone out and taking the opportunities as they came. Ruapuna isn't a great track to overtake in these cars so everyone was just along for the ride. Once again had a mean duel with V8power who unfortunately exited after a small tangle with Kartdude who had lost pace after a spin. Ended up picking off Kartdude later on for 3rd so happy for that after what looked like a bit of a chaotic races. Nice win @SUBGTRACER glad you chose to race with us.

Sugo is a very fun and technical track with a good variety of bends, should be some good racing.
    TheJuzzy, SuiCid3, SUBGTRACER and 3 others like this.
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Nice to hear you stuck around @SUBGTRACER and got a win finally a result for all the effort you have been putting in.
    TheJuzzy, SuiCid3, SUBGTRACER and 2 others like this.