Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

T1 was clean that race the section between T1 and T2 not so much :D. I also suspect we aren't going to have a wet race unless AC2 (AC competizione) is actually launched tomorrow. I suspect it will be announced but even Early access will likely be 6 months or further away. ;)
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah I do have it but I don't like to hear anything during the race so the volume is really low and I can't here it over the screaming engine but can hear if sitting in the pit
  3. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Hey guys, sorry i've missed the first two races, going to withdraw this season as im just not up to it physically at the moment, hopefully will rejoin the action next season. sorry for the late notice and no shows.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thats no good Cherno! Hope to see u back soon :)
    Cherno, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Take it easy man.
    Cherno likes this.
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OP updated. Monday will be 39 laps of Spa.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Shame to hear, could have used the points in the cross platform championship :)
    Cherno likes this.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Out of interest why just shy of real life race distance? (44laps)
    Mr.McGibblets likes this.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Silverstone Race Report:

For the second week in a row I was very fortunate and very happy with my Monday night result. My biggest achievement was staying on-track the whole race! Pace-wise I was in the very lower half of the top 10 but coming away with 6th was more than I'd hoped for. I didn't nail quali at all (nailing the odd wall was no problem) and ended up 12th. I probably could have grabbed 9th or 10th with a clean lap but after the first lap of the race that's about where I was anyway!

Off the grid I made a pretty good start but I was so cautious through the first few corners I felt like a granny in a sea of Mr bean's. Doublevision took advantage and zoomed up on my outside but with the prospect of carnage at T3 looming I was OK with that. As we went side by side into T3 DV unfortunatelty lost the rear end and came over to tickle my front wing. My wing had a chuckle with the tiniest buckle and I was able to keep racing on. Going through T4 on the outside Mr.McGibblets (cool name!) got his gibblets up the inside - only to mysteriously disappear in a cloud of smoke (magician perhaps?). There was now a sizeable gap behind me and in my mirrors I saw more smoke and a few cars at weird angles. But I had no time to wonder what had happened because just in front of me Peter Hughes suddenly did the happy dog tail-wag and ran off to go digging for bones in the sand.

So after fortunately surviving the first couple of laps intact my first stint went well. My strategy was to stay on the hard tyres for both stints and simply split the race in half. I was able to fix the minor wing damage in my pitstop with no time loss and so had a brand new car for the 2nd stint. My main focus was to stay... well... focused as it's usually late in the race that my mind starts wandering - and the car usually follows.

Early in the stint jlynn was slowly gaining on me. I could also see Godzilla gaining fairly quickly behind him too. I was hoping that as my teammate he might hold Godzilla up a little but unfortunately he spun (naughty teammate!). I was gaining on Vanzr ahead but it was only a matter of time before Godzilla got onto my tail. Vanzr looked like he'd cooked his tyres and as I had to hitch up a bit coming onto the Hangar straight I was powerless to stop Godzilla stomping on a city...er I mean make the pass. I was hoping the big lizard would pressure Vanzr enough for me to take advantage, and that's what happened on the next lap. Vanzr put up a fight but I managed to slip up the inside at the end of the Hangar straight.

I was happy to try to hold on to 7th for the last lap especially as we hit lapped traffic. Vanzr was still in my wake so when I was held up by a lapped car through Maggots, Becketts and Chapel I was a little worried Vanzr would attack me again, but fortunately he'd faded just out of reach on his worn tyres.

But there was still some drama to come in the final corners. As I approached the chicane I saw tyre smoke and slow moving cars. As I came through the chicane suddenly there was a car driving into the chicane from off track almost straight into me!! By some miracle he just missed me but I knew Vanzr was only a few car lengths behind and expected chaos. Somehow Vanzr got through too and having viewed the replay later on I saw how incredibly close it was for both of us.

My pace was never going to get me to the front but with a little patience and a good dose of luck I ended up 6th. Well done to Marty for the win and to Tez and Mesafto for rounding out the podium.

Now to the Spa enduro where my only hope is to still have the use of my eyes once it's all over.
    vanzr, Bogor, Rolz and 5 others like this.
  10. krunch

Sorry to hear that Cherno. Hope to see you fighting fit ASAP!
    Cherno, Mr.McGibblets and marty like this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, 44 or 39 laps. Speak now or forever hold your peace. You have till tomorrow at 9pm.
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

13. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

39 is long enough i think
  14. krunch

15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

44, 39 is so close to full race distance another 9 minutes wont kill anyone.
    But if it does I am not responsible in any way. :D
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I put this up on one of my servers, I didnt try the track but it was the exact same file size of the version I tried so I suspect its the same. I dont know if anyone on a non DD wheel will feel the annoying washboard effect every corner, it may be possible to filter this out in my ffb setup if its chosen as the track to use. It is a shame as the track is good apart from the low poly mesh which is an issue with many conversions and good modders are able to not only smooth out the physical mesh but also add realistic little bumps to it.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    4 vs 3, guess we're doing 44 laps.
    Rolz and Godzilla like this.