GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Are the pits open during qualifying?
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Cool cheers
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Struggle street. Again
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Man this track is truly awful, the combining of the two circuits and the way it’s been connected was a clear afterthought rush job, and it removed probably the most exciting section of the main circuit. It’s as bad as the extended section of Bahrain in 2010!:roflmao:
    KeedenMcdonald and Noremac like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI on the larger rims front.... apparently they are not always faster/slower/same

We have reports of smaller rim size being better... but it looks to be dependent on driver/track/style so try them out yourself
  7. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I’ve been doing some testing on this and I see the standard feels faster here at kyoto, I tryed 1inch bigger tyres and they were very quick, averaging same lap times as 2inch bigger rim were nearly 5 tenths slower than the other 2 sizes, like you said as well up on it feels for the driver as well but thats what I was getting
  8. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I've found the complete opposite. If anything it's nothing to do with the rim size but how your FFB settings relate to the side wall flex. If I run standard rims I need to run extremely responsive FFB. With +2 I can run my standard low responsive FFB. Lap times are exactly the same.
  9. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Probably explains why i find the opposite faster than lol
    Mezign likes this.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yup. I had a feeling that might be the case. Everything is related. You can't just go assuming something is quicker because you changed one thing and it made you quicker. Everything from FFB & brake bias to driving style are going to affect the feedback you get from changing a rim size. Guys like Bryan and Knuckles who drive smooth on the front and use the power to steer will get more performance on worn 0 rim size than guys like Risky who drive beyond the nose and wait for the understeer to grip up before making the apex.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I know i maybe a little early on this. Would prefer to have tuning in the future. The motivation to run around is around about zero.
    Mezign and StigsTC like this.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    (I'm so happy I'm not alone)
    Mezign likes this.
  13. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Ditto. But you realise that when @Hatfield says that "we don't have tuning because it's in the interest of the majority of the community", what he really means is he surveyed a sample group of three people who worship the hairs in his butt hole. :roflmao:
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Nah, a significant quantity of guys prefer no tuning because they think it isolates driver skill as the deciding factor.
    While I disagree and believe setting up a car is its own driver skill, cars are just more fun when you make them not understeer until they throttle oversteer on the stock diff. Means you don't need to run RS tyres to actually make a car turn.
    Mezign likes this.
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    There are too many variables, right from control input to physical limitations. You can't isolate setup and say that's the only determining factor. Absolute horse crap. That's just making up excuses. :thumbsdown:

Anyone who honestly believes that needs to F off back to Mario Kart. I have a spare N64 I'm happy to donate to help you on your way :cautious:

(btw: I'm joking. You can't have my N64. And you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong). :p
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Luckily, @Mezign is running the endurance championship with tuning open. So you can spend your available time for tuning, on that series to ensure your tune is perfect.

Also mez, the record is now 4 guys in my butthole
    CAB77, StigsTC, Mezign and 1 other person like this.
  17. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I couldn’t make last week and I still haven’t had time to jump on and test the track this week, I agree it’s my fault and problem completely and if I had the time to learn how to tune and practise I’d be all for open tuning regs, keeping the racing close despite people’s lifestlyes is the goal with the non tuning I think.
    Mezign likes this.
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

On this track there is not one div1 and majority of 2 that ive seen on track that is not alot faster. I could practice all day for no improvement. I spose at least i wont have to fight for last.
  19. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Only 4 I thought you were a pro......

Tunning a car is a skill. I don't possess such skills but I'm not against tunning. I like that it's not in these leagues as all I have to do is drive the track. That's hard enough for me most weeks.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am a pro... that's simultaneously
    The record for in a row is a different story
    AroGantz and CAB77 like this.