Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I won Belgium in S1 after a 6 pack, you’ll be fine mate :roflmao:
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    F1GM Classics series flashbacks
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah make sure you race tonight
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I can actually lmao
  5. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Sorry guys, thought I’d make it in time. Had to get the grease off myself before getting in the sim and that showers taken me a lot longer than I expected.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Poor race from me, a run of bad decisions ultimately lead to losing what should have been a comfortable win going off my pre race pace.

First mistake was running more downforce, I did a 16.1 on Supers before the race, only to not get anywhere near on ultras. Running it on 8/9 was a tragic error and was proven when I was losing ground off the lights!

The start on supers strat was working a treat until I put the softs on, they were awful, and I was setting slower lap times on them in comparison to the worn supers! This gave Hat an easy run to the flag as even though I was catching in the twisty bits, I was barely tipping 300km/h down the long straight and using a lot of fuel.

The late switch to ultras provided a small glimmer of hope but there was no way I was going to make up 14 seconds in 9 laps.
    Well done Hat.
    PaulCox and Hatfield like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I knew I liked Mexico, but had no idea I would win it...

Qualifying I messed up and touched the wall at the final corner to be 2nd on the Ultras with @razor4797 on pole on Supers.
    I got a good start and passed him into T1, but after T3 I checked the map and he was nowhere to be seen and I had a gap by the end of the lap to the rest of the field.
    @JonoStan96 had crashed in qually and once he worked his way through he started reducing the gap despite being on supers. He got the gap down to about 3-4secs when I had to pit and he took the lead.
    I came out mid-pack somewhere and soon after passed @fezza on the straight and my new team-mate @xlxy90 let me by going into the stadium, but missed his marker and speared off.
    Once jono pitted for softs, I was back in the lead but I thought he and razor were one stopping and I would probably lose once I pitted for the 2nd set of supers.
    I got the gap down to around 10secs behind jono after pitting for supers and I knew he had a penalty according to my engineer so I kept pushing. With 9 to go he pitted for ultras and I was sweating buckets thinking he was going to track me down fast.
    Surprisingly the gap didn't drop as quickly and my engineer told me again later that he had another time penalty.
    I crossed the line for a non-controversial win lol
    PaulCox, razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Thanks everyone for letting me take part in my first race with ROOZ.

I had a race of 2 halves. Managed a good start from 5th on the grid after qualifying on the SS. Stole 2 places in the opening 3 corners to be sitting 3rd early on. After that I think the whole grid was holding station. I was keeping watch on Random and Fezza behind me and I think Fez managed an overtake somewhere around lap 6. Coming up to my pit window and I had my teammate come charging through the pack after his first pit stop and managed to out-brake myself coming in to the stadium letting him through, managing to drop back down to 5th. Switching on to the US for a mid-race sprint to get me to my second pit-stop. Around lap 15/16 I had my game crash on me costing me quite a bit of time and frustration. I jumped back in and Razor had over-taken me. After that I was pretty much destined for 5th place. Razor matching me in the last pit stop by switching to the US and pulling out a very healthy gap. I need to do some pit stop practice as I copped 3x5 second penalties for speeding in the pit lane.

Looking forward to next week! I love Interlagos and would love to put in a good result there.

Thanks to Hat for helping me keep cool and co-ordinating our pit stops.
    PaulCox, nigegunz, razor4797 and 2 others like this.
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    6 pk ..lol..i was 22 cans down bro couldnt see straight sorry
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    hehehe sorry champ but that the equivalent of the Mrs saying "sorry i had to wash my hair "....kidding :)
  11. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    It really is though, isn’t it? I worked on my Go Kart, stripping it down after the weekends race, thought I had plenty of time to shower untill I got out and it was 8:40. Not sure if my shower took me ages or if i misread the time before I got in.
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    wow wasnt trying to upset u...just being abit of a smart ass sorry u got all offended n all..but since its that easy maybe hit up bunnings for a teaspoon of cement n harden up abit.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I don’t think he was offended mate lol
    PaulCox and Kieran_B33 like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    when back markers attack! ;)
    PaulCox likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Hahaha, it’d take a whole lot more than that to offend me. You made the joke it was a bad excuse, then said you were joking. I was just adding to the joke that it was a bad excuse. Because it was. Hahaha.
    PaulCox likes this.
  17. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Something went wrong with the Timing System in Mexi-Quali, game put me 3rd on the grid?!!
    I was threatening to have a good race too until I just fell off the road in the esses, Lap 3 I think, couldn't work out WTF was suddenly wrong, looked down and tyres 30% worn! Fast Tyre wear! D'oh!
    Finished in the wall at the end of a strange traction-control half-spin on my last set of tyres, oh well.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I might be on after 9 tonight (Wednesday) for a bit of practice action.
    xlxy90 likes this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Don’t be afraid to credit my memes brooooooooooo
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Don’t be afraid to have a race every now and again :(
    razor4797 likes this.