Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. squid

squid Rookie

I think I might be ready.... any restrictions with tyres or mandatory stops?
    Anon666 likes this.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No for tyres. Yes for mandatory stops, unless it is a sprint round - no stops required. Normal and enduro rounds you must stop at least once.
    squid likes this.
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Fleshed out the season a bit more lads, see OP.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The current round at Spa anyone that has some time for practice it would be adviseable to do some practice races in the sprint server. The race starts will be tricky in these, turn 1 will need some caution but even more from there through to les combe chicane as the draft in traffic is pretty large. Also dirty air following someone closely changes the cars turn in ability fairly drastically and these can easily catch you out the first time.

Being a long race you really want to avoid silly early contacts and someone being caught out by dirty air or the draft could easily cause a massive pile up. Pit entry and exit is pretty tight so doing a practice run through the pit lane will also help you avoid smacking a wall.
    jlynn777 and Anon666 like this.
  5. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Is there a server running full race length or just the sprint server? Would be good to try a full race run before hand.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

There is now, Marty changed it this morning
    Mr.McGibblets likes this.
  7. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Cool, I'll be on the rest of tonight then I hope.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Current round at Spa (full GP distance) wont make full distance on fuel and barely half distance on the hard tyres so if you don't stop you wont finish. ;)
  9. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Think I might sit out the rest of this season, don't really enjoy racing F1 cars all that much.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

server is up - RaceOnOZ.com Season 14 Race 3 Spa OSRW (MR-AB+)
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Boo!!
    jlynn777 likes this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

13. squid

squid Rookie

well, managed to finish one :)
    Anon666, c4rLo5 and marty like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys was fun to get in a full GP distance race, wd to @tezpez85 and @Rolz for the podium spots and @Shaun_A for the pole position.

Was an interesting night as in practice I nearly set a pb on the hards lol, so qualy I tried to first set a lap on hards but had lots of traffic and didnt quite get a clean run in. I saw the pace up front was pretty good so went back to mediums and again got traffic each lap and was a bit back in the running. Last stint I had 1 clean lap and 1 in traffic but the clean one was quite messy so 3rd was all I could manage.

Having run a race run last night trying a 2 stopper on hards with 1 shorter stint to see pace on lower fuel for a possible 3 stopper that lower fuel run seemed to have enough pace to just about make up for the 24 seconds an extra stop would cost. If I had pole I may have gone a basic 2 stopper but decided to try the 3 stopper to hopefully pass the guys ahead in the first stint with the lighter car. I managed to get a draft on Rolz first lap to Les Combes but Shaun was going to be a nuisance to my strategy had I not made the pass. He unfotunatly had a spin which gave me the lead from where I just pushed on to try and make up that 24 seconds on as many cars as possible in the first stint.

Luckily I saw I had just enough of a gap on Rolz before my stop and managed to stay ahead and only about 6 seconds from Tezpez. I thought Terry was on a 3 stopper too running the mediums so I just pushed on trying to be clean and fast near qualy pace all race. By the 3rd stop I managed to jump Terry with a lead and got away with the win.

I thought the 3 stopper was maybe marginally quicker but then with traffic it was always a risk, I see my race was only 5 seconds slower then my practice run in the 2 stopper. Considering the traffic in the race it seems the lighter car and good hards through each stint was very close to the 2 stop.
    tezpez85, krunch and Mr.McGibblets like this.
  15. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Was great to do a full GP race albeit, at least for me, incredibly difficult to maintain concentration. After about lap 24 I went off a cliff and made a silly mistake which cost be 2 positions. Still managed to finished 7th, thanks to Marty and Godzilla for helping through the week with practice.
    marty likes this.
  16. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Was my first full distance race and boy it was hard to concentrate for full 44 laps.
    Eventful start to the race with some action up front on the first lap. Was gaining on Godzilla with cold tyres, and had the tiniest of touches nose to rear, from T11 to T12. Was happy it didn't eventuate to anything more than a 1% tap. Sorry for that Godz!

Went with the two stopper and Mediums, pretty happy with 4th tonight.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

All good mate, it happens, was prety scary for a moment there though.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bad luck @Godzilla I just watched a replay of the first few laps and you looked a bit like one of these. :eek:

[​IMG]
    KoAStR, jlynn777 and Godzilla like this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yep, can not get a break. Didn’t have a chance to stop to avoid an incident in the last chicane, did stop to avoid the spun car in to t1 and got belted hard, car prety much undrivable after that, tried to limp back to pits but it wouldn’t stick on track. Sorry whoever I hit trying to get in to pits, waited for a couple of cars but third came fast.
    Another unfortunate incident with Bogor and by the time that was fixed I was getting blue flags. Decided it’s not meant to be and called it a day.
  20. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Sorry I think that spun car was me :cautious: I got smashed into and thought the best idea was to not move while the angry pack devoured me.
    Had a couple unfortunate incidents with other cars :rolleyes: but that was mega fun. @Doublevision that was intense trying to chase you down I was loving it :D
    I'm thinking about making a vid so if anyone did any mad overtakes or had a big moment etc. let me know and I'll put them in it :thumbsup:
    krunch and Doublevision like this.