GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    What if we have a one off team race to test if the teams have enough tuning guru's to set up the other members of the team. I know we have the endurance championship coming up but that is small teams, I think it would be good to see if the actual teams can make a difference.

I do agree that at this point in time it's good to have no tuning to keep it fair.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Same crap different week. See ya’s at Suzuka.
    Kieran_B33, Zachery and ssman244 like this.
  3. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Conaidering around 15 laps worth of practise since the Nurburgring I didn’t expect much, got onto the 3rd row which was what I considered alright indeed
    Race 1: First 8 laps were great fun, great battle for 3rd with risky, Mez and the stig 13, then Hatfield closed in on our battle, last lap started leading the little pack in 4th only to get caught up in the battle and dropping back to 7th in the friendly bumps and grass, as frustrating as that was I pushed forgetting my tyres had gone and spun short of the final corner which ruined the whole thing.
    Race 2: Starting up 3rd got up into 2nd and spent laps trying to pass Russell who was making things very challenging, all good until I copped something I still don’t know what and got fired back down the order, from there I fried my tyres trying to pass gaps that were closing and the lack of practise meant i never got fast enough exits to pass again. I forgot where I finished because it was dissapointing and pretty vigorous racing.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Not having a dig at anyone in particular, but I think we (almost) all need to have a good hard look at our driving etiquette.
    Bumping and rubbing is racing, no problem with that, but if you hit someone completely off the racing line and then overtake them, give the place back, it’s really not that hard.
    This is Division 1, we should all know this by now.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looking at the protests rolling in for Div 1 again it is a little disappointing.
    Spidey_11, Mezign, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will say, I did see some hits that were redressed, so some guys are obviously doing the right thing
    AroGantz, LennonLegend1993 and emmo46 like this.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Dont see it slowing up either
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 4 Results (provisional)
    Pole: Beau231
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 @JonoStan96 DNF
    Lap times
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]

Note: @JonoStan96 did not improve his lap time in Race 2 over Race 1.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Direct reflection of guys having egos bigger than their talents. That second race was dirtier than any sport race I've ever driven. You do your best to be respectful and give racing room, but some people just don't seem to understand when the fight is lost. Stupid defending. Yuji Ide would be proud.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Eh, still no worse than my 13-clean-race-streak breaking race when I had a Japanese fellow, who, among other things, attempted to move me over to make the half a car width gap to the wall wide enough to fit in so he could pass. This is why I don't sport mode anymore.
    ssman244 and Mezign like this.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    And here I was thinking @BMWF30328 would make a return to ROOZ, but after spectating that second race, he surely must have second thoughts now. :laugh:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    StigsTC likes this.
  12. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    To call that a painful race would be an overrated complement. I copped more hits then iv had hot dinners. No practice you reap what you sow. When I finally put some effort in, what's the point? Div1 season2 your damed if you do your damed if you don't. Just give beau the win and grab the rest of the names out of a hat. Just an idea. See you cannonballs next week.
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

The concept of racing room is lost. 2 wide around corners when the track is that wide is more then doable. Does everyone read hat's driver briefing. No. Pretty much no point saying anymore because some just dont care and i have no popcorn.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  14. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Just out of curiosity, if anyone wants to share their replay of the race, I'd be interested for the following;
    - the hits and bumps mentioned. :mad:
    - to be able to watch some div 1 racing.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’m not sure why the concept of clean racing is so lost here atm, we’ve managed it in junk cars like the Pozzi Camaro, Lexus LFA, lightweight track weapons like the MX5 TC, Rocket, and beasts like the Peugeot 908 and Honda HSV. Regardless of how numb this car is on the front end and the wierdly inconsistent braking it’s still no excuse for poor racecraft. Though one must wonder how the season would have shaped up had a more neutral car like the 86 won out instead.
  16. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I had a lot of practice for this 1 and surprisingly I nailed my fastest lap in Qualifying lol :)

17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Impatience. We all know how hard it is to overtake.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I feel like you practising is overkill to say the least lol. Not even on the same planet as you.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Beau should be in Div0 :alien:
  20. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Div B'0
    emmo46 likes this.