Division 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Wait, did Stimson win race 1? When I received the results they weren't labelled so I assumed that the first one I received was for the first race. Looks like I've received them in the wrong order so of this is the case I'll have to redo the results.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Hi,
    The points allocated for this round seemed to only take into account the qualifying and the second race, and did not include the results of the first race. Considering that there was two races, two race winners, and potentially two fastest laps, I didn't know how the points were going to be allocated (aggregate of the two races Vs results from an individual race).
    I did win the first race.
  3. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It's a bit complicated. You get full points for race 1 and then get half points for the second race. Those points are then added together to give a total number of points. The final round placings are then decided by the overall number of points scores by each driver. Once we have drivers listed in order of total points scored I apply the usual rank points for the round.

For example if you win the first race you'll receive 25 points, if you then come 2nd in race 2 you'll receive 10 points, giving you a total of 35 points. This would usually give you the most points of any driver which means you win the round and will then receive the 1st place points haul of 25 for the round. PP and FL points are then added to the drivers who won them.

There's only one fastest lap, it's the best lap recorded across both races.

I didn't confuse qualifying order for race order but because the the results given to me weren't labelled I mixed up the two races which means full points were given for race 2 and half points were given for the 1st race. This has completely upset the final placings so I'm going to redo the results for this division tonight.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Pretty sure I gave them to you correctly will double check
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep my bad.

Will send the proper order and race 1 fast laps at lunch
    dj2ca likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

The results on the forum are correct but what is on the ps chat is wrong way around. Why are we making djs job hard:p
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah I’m trying to rush them in to the ps chat before it gets split by someone else doing the same and creating confusion. I might leave it till later in the night so I can take my time.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 4 : SUGO - 31 LAPS - 1/6/18 - TWILIGHT RACE
    - Qual Time - @ 5pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 6pm - Light cloud / Heavy cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys. Very few incidents and protests which makes everybody's life much easier. Back to a pit stop this week, make sure you have all your pit strat set correctly, and prac race with pit stops on ;)

FUEL : At this stage we will run FUEL BURN on REAL. It seems that the patch has fixed the variable amounts that different drivers were getting. The only issue is that the qual amount is only for about 8 mins of the 10 min qual session.....Will test tonight again, and confirm before race night.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 3 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    A reminder though to
    make sure you clear all your replays so you have room to save the race. Also PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.
    - Is still a little bit of loose contact off the line guys as well.....i know i held my breath last week watching the div 1 grid get off the line and the run down to turn 1. Getting a good start doesnt always mean you will make positions, you still need to give room and respect those in front and along side.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. The turn 1,2,3 complex is pretty tight, so EVERYONE will need to run a line to give those around them room. Don't get caught up in a 'race start' incident through being too aggressive.

TRACK LIMITS : A bit of debate after last round.....will try to be brief here....
    Track limits are defined by Ripple strips and white lines. If you run outside these limits to GAIN ADVANTAGE, we will look at it and there is a very good chance you will be penalised post race. There is lots of grass here with sand traps, so asside from the outside of turn 1, isnt really anywhere for people to cut without costing them time.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 1, and the end of the back straight. This track has a very high speed average, so passing will be hard, but this is where the pit strat comes in ;)

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You SHOULDNT need to change tyres or take fuel. You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 1.3 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 2.3 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Sugo is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.
    PIT EXIT : Is a very short exit here, rejoining just before Turn 3.
    When exiting the pits please watch for faster cars on the race line. Likewise, if a car is exiting the pits and has track position, other cars are expected to yield.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Anthonyb

Pit entry/line comes up fast recommend you have a few pit entry practice so you don't get a penalty
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  10. Anthonyb

FUEL : At this stage we will run FUEL BURN on REAL. It seems that the patch has fixed the variable amounts that different drivers were getting. The only issue is that the qual amount is only for about 8 mins of the 10 min qual session.....
    Ran out of fuel with about 3.5 minutes remaining
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good luck tonight all...remember with fuel burn ON, you will only have enough for about 7 mins of qual....you MAY go into the pits for more fuel if you want. Also TRACK LIMITS TURN 1, DONT RUN CONSISTANTLY WIDE, or it will be looked at. Given the wide apron, will be viewed as advantage gained if you do it too ofte
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am knackered. Have not stopped all day, came in with no practice and maybe resul reflects that.

Well done podium
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Congrats to the podium was good racing, I showed up with a quick time but was no where near consistent enough yet again. Ah well was fun for 5 or so laps :D

I'm just gonna say this though as its been nagging me for a while but upon browsing the Pcars forum I do see it get brought up from time to time, maybe all in my head but I did put some practice on for this track this week and even before Ads opened up the lobby I was getting 1:27s consistently and then when I join his lobby it took me a long asss :):):):)en time to hit the same times and adjusted my line to get there.

The track also felt very different than what I raced on previously (I did2-3) full length races over the weekend and struggled to get 1:27s the majority of the race where as in practice I was there or thereabouts.

I maybe reaching as it could literally be down to my mental state and perhaps without even realising I drive safer come race time but its soooo weird I tell you.

I do know that on Xbox if too many many people are in a race physics are :):):):)ed and I have read on more than one occasion that how the track feels to one person could totally be different for someone else.
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  15. Anthonyb

Qualified 6th with 60ltrs of fuel. Found practice room really slippery. My little bit of practice early in the week had me in tge 26.xxx with pb 26.3 but couldn't come near this. So when I found the new room just as slippery I decided to return to pits to qualify on heavy fuel load just to try to dial in for race.
    Start was ok slotting into 6th still finding very little grip was still holding my own and there was a coming together giving me 4th I think got as high as 3rd pitted with Ant hot my tail and thought here we go another epic battle. He was all over me like a mad woman's :):):):) but I missed a down shift and spun. Had a bit of a battle with freddy who had good pace but he spun a few times. I couldn't quite get onto the back of ant and familia so had to settle with 4th.
    @kaynegreenwood it was not only you the track was totally different to any room I practiced in through the week.
    See you on track bring your flippers this week
    Ant
    Ant_427, kayne greenwood and Ad2mny like this.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The practice lobby is set to the same time and weather as the qualifying session, which is a little cooler than the race track temps get in the mid to final parts of the race. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    kayne greenwood likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It has been felt by a lot of members that some nights the room or lobby has less or more grip than they have had in prac races / lobbies....All ill say, is make sure you have the weather settings set as they are in the race lobby....even if you are running shorter races. Remember the track evolves and grip levels are dependant on track temp and cloud cover. As the temp drops, so does the level of grip.
    kayne greenwood likes this.
  18. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Glad to see it wasn't just me then ;D

But for you it was slippery but for me I was braking in practice and in qually deeper than I ever have done and in the race for the first 5 laps was fine and then as soon as I rejoined the track it was one slippery mess.

I'd probably bank on it being similar to the issue on Xbox and that the Playstation doesn't have enough power to process when theres a few more people in the room with live track 3.0, its an issue that probably will never be fixed but still regardless if you had issues I'm sure everyone had issues and others like yourself adjusted and showed to be consistent regardless where as I didn't.

I should look into using the apps though as I've been lazy and pretty much been estimating in practice sessions at what time of the race is there less grip and winging it from there lol the majority use racedash or whatever it called anything else worth recommending.

I long for the consistency that you and ant have on a regular basis, ahah one day!
    Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Anthonyb

@TheJuzzy was saying last night that when you go off the car never seems to regain the same grip level
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Yeah, and it's worse it you end up in a gravel trap , you end up getting under steer in and over steer out of corners. So keeping it on track is pretty important.
    Anthonyb likes this.