Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Lots of F1 game replays, so thanks for sharing this... there are 2 items I've picked up straight away I'm doing wrong and can theoretically improve my lap time with... and hopefully get closer to our resident :alien: Andy :p
    Bogor likes this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Here’s hoping for no more tits up.... that first corner is tricky and a very fast entry
    Bogor likes this.
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Did anyone else cum bricks?

krunch, jlynn777 and Mr.McGibblets like this.
  4. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Yes and no, limited information. Is it only going to be GT3 cars and circuits? Mod support?
    Love the driver change feature they announced, we could do a Bathurst length race!
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Rather impressive, a focused sim should let them sort out all the proper race features. Possibly GT3 only is a bit of a downer but at least it should be easier to find casual good racing with Minolin on the dev team too. League wise proper racing with weather and time of day will be awesome and the cars will all have their own strengths and weaknesses yet all be fairly competitive so no need for single make seasons.

I really don't see the appeal in driver swaps, Id rather have a 2 hour race with 40 cars then a 4 hour race with 20 cars and only driving half the distance. If we had 100's queuing to join the league it would be a different story but I still don't see that happening in OZ.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Regarding the China track I came across an odd bug, first time driving into pit lane I went a bit deep. Ran wide then got auto sent to pits with a penalty, this was in qualy so not sure what will happen in a race.

Good tip for all to try and do some pit entries both in qualy sessions and races to see if its an issue, the track itself seems ok other then that. I will test to see what happens in a race if you run long into the pit but its the first time Ive ever had that happen in AC. Its easy enough to avoid by just making the turn in to pit entry but it can easily ruin someones race if they arent aware of it.
    Rolz and Bogor like this.
  7. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Just tried the bug and it is there, although you have to really miss the pit entry road to get caught out by it. I would suggest practising your entry into pitlane so you are able to get a decent braking point
    Bogor and marty like this.
  8. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

Hey guys, new guy here, I've posted in the new guys main thread and Steam thread, and I'm keen to join the season! I'll be able to jump on tonight for sure as advised.
  9. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Welcome Flouncy! ;)
  10. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

Ha. I followed you here my man. Good find :) Very excited to get in among it and get back to proper F1 AC racing again :) If these good and wise people let us and there's room we should try and be in the same team eh?
  11. Rolz

Hello Flouncy! I've added you to the MR whitelist (if you aren't MR A/B) and Shanghai track can be downloaded in the first post as well as all the team skins... Teams Admin will allocate you to a team... :)
  12. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I wish flouncy, I think my team is stacked at the moment. up to the admin gods to decide!
  13. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

All good! Thanks Rolz.
  14. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Hi Fellas
    Any chance I can join in thursday nights. I cant always commit to a full season atm but would be g8 to join for some social races if I could. It comes up checksumfailed when I try to join the server on a thurs which i pressume is due to not being on the list. Just thought id ask if I can join for thursday practice.
    Cheers
    Ben
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah man, no passwords on Thursdays unless the room gets messy.
  16. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

17. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey people, due to the pit issue discovered by Marty - which I tested last night and it's a PITA - we will change this round to a sprint and go normal distance next week at Suzuka. Suzuka is a track we've not tried previously so if it falls over with online testing we may need to sort a fallback. Apologies to those who've done a million laps already, but this will happen with mod tracks from time to time.
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bummer I had a ripper strategy I think for the race, my last sprint round sucked a bit too lol so hope to have some more luck this time round. Will let others test Suzuka but if its still got that washboard effect on my wheel I may give the round a miss.