GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Didn't notice you lagging mate.
  2. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

A shame mate - was hotting up for a good final 7-8 laps . :(
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qual
    [​IMG]

Results
    [​IMG]
    Timings
    [​IMG]

NOTES
    Te_Wheke_NZ - DNF
    Incey - DSC
    X_Gregory33_X - DC or DSC
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That sucks Incey.

And yeah Kieran, you were bouncing from one side of the track to the other, it made passing you...... We shall say.... Interesting.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This felt like a race within my grasp tonight.
    Qual - 4th, pretty good considering the track. Got some traffic, but I had already set my time.
    RACE
    Had a good start and due to @Luke spinning his tires on the line, I took 3rd.
    I kept this for a few laps, until Luke took me down the straight.
    A lap or so later Luke and @skintsaint had a bump and both slowed right down, allowing @incey and I to take 1st and 2nd.
    This stayed this way for a long time (6 or so laps) with neither of us really losing each other. I managed to sneak past on lap 11 or 12 down the straight.
    However lap 13, everything went pear shaped. I must have had a dust mite or a particle of dirt get under my rear tire exiting the 1st corner and lost control skidding across to the far corner of the map, losing almost a full minute of time and dropping back to 10th.
    From here, I just took it easy and followed the strategy I had.
    Managed to nab 6th after all that.

@fezza - I was catching you like a bat out of hell, were you low on fuel or something?

GRATZ to @skintsaint , @Luke and @Dosy on your win and Podium finishes
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    fezza and Tristan Jones like this.
  6. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Proper chuffed with that, must of put over 100 laps practice into this one and it paid off. Just managed to get Pole ahead of @incey who again showed great pace. @Luke also ran a close third in qualifying. Not many cars left the track into dirt in quals from what i saw which was a good sign for the race.

Race started and I believe most got away well. Was real close racing for the first few laps, @incey as usual all over me like a rash but think he misjudged a corner going up to the slow right handers around lap 2. Was real tight until I got a slight bump into turn one on lap 3. Pushed me down to eighth and the hard work started! That was the time I decided to change to RS on lap 8 and two stop. Set FL on lap 11 on still quite fresh softs and was catching up at least a second a lap on the leaders.
    @incey and @Matthyus where having a good old scrap at the top and I was praying it was slowing them both down slightly while fighting for position - Matt spun out and Luke set up on catching Incey. Incey spun on the final corner around lap 16 I believe and decided to pit at that time and that put me into 2nd. Luke then pitted around lap 19? and went onto RMs again i think. I tried to eeeek out at many laps on the Softs and came at end of Lap 22. Fresh softs I came out the pits around 3 secs behind Luke but was hard catching him - you must have been going hard on those meds! Eventually I slowly caught up and we had a good few laps battling until I eventually passed and started opening up a bit of a gap.

Last few laps seemed to last an age and was just trying not to make a mistake and throw it away :) Will be a comedown next week though as Suzaki I have always hated.
    Vid below of first few laps.

@Luke we had a bit of a thing going on when in 6th and 7th also lol cheers for slowing on that bump on corner, tbh I don't think you should have as I should have seen you there :)
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    @Kieran_B33 Noticed you changing colour but your car was stable on the track.

Was having a fun race and was in a mid pack battle with @skintsaint (after his first stop), @fezza and 1 other who I can't remember, then I thought I'd nailed the final corner only to put a wheel on the sand on the exit and spin wildly. Wound up behind the infield wall that @skintsaint warned about yesterday and couldn't find a way back onto the track, drove halfway across the infield to get back to the section just before the final corner and was 1 lap back from most of the field. Kept going for a bit and then after passing the guy in second to last realised that I had been a lap behind him which means the lap I had been doing when I spun hadn't counted since I was so far off track when I went past the start/finish line. Had another off not long after as I was figuring all that out instead of concentrating so at that point decided since I wasn't enjoying it and was unlikely to catch up to anyone for some actual racing unless they had the same misfortune of being completely stranded off track that it was pointless continuing (especially since being the retro round I had no sponsors to appease by circulating :p).

Sorry for quitting I just sort of did it automatically and then realised right away that I wasn't supposed to.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well I enjoyed that race! I noticed during the meet and greet that I seemed to have good relative pace at Yamagiwa and Big Willow, so was excited to get to these tracks.

I was getting mostly mid to high 17's under qually condition, so was happy to get a 17.3 qually time which netted me 5th. First few Q laps I was sitting 7th/ 8th, and I could feel I was racing conservatively, so just kept pushing just a little harder, which paid off well.

Good start, and I stayed on track a little behind the lead pack, with jcp? and luke overtaking me as I was racing conservatively, i didn't contest as I figured the lead pack would change many times with the high cost of off track action. I was right, and managed to creep to 3rd just by staying on track. I started to push a bit more around lap 8-10? somewhere, and went off corner 5 - not an entry mistake iirc, just pushing the acceleration and track position too wide. Felt wrong to be on the brakes so hard while off track but knew that without slowing down, making your way back to the track took a long time. So I knew my limits on that corner, and didn't push that hard on T5 again! This took me back 3-4 positions, which I started to gain back, and had some quick battles and clean passes.

I then went off again, on the last corner this time - no qualms about using brakes here. I needed to stop before hitting that wall and getting damage! When almost back on track, I saw 2 cars coming, so went to creep back on and stick left...but camber or something tried to push me back to mid track, madly scrambled and slid back over to try and avoid them...they flew past me so I hope I didn't impede them. While I now knew my limits on this corner, I still pushed the envelope here later, but got lucky. I followed Fezza for a while, and just couldn't get past cleanly on my old tyres, luke? caught up and overtook both of us very quickly! I started to gain a few positions back again, and here strategy started to play.

I had seen Skint pit around lap 12, and wondered if that was a change in strategy in catch up, or if he planned to make another stop at lap 24. I seem to be able to race well and not go off on really bad tyres, though i do lose a second or two per lap to do it. I knew from practise that I could make my meds last the 20-24 laps of fuel in the tank if need be, and that the remainder of the race was as far as I could push RS, though the last of those laps lost a lot of grip and time. Fuel was also my friend with this strat, as I drained the tank as far as possible, and had half tank on RS rather than 3/4 or so. So I had a few options, but after seeing the number of people stopping around halfway and putting on RM, I held out to make use of my RS instead of using RM again. Was 8th or so? after pit stop, but started to make some good time up with the RS. I knew what grip was like at the end of the RS, so I didn't push as hard as I could, but those tyres felt magic after worn RM! The change in brake points was amazing and set my best lap of 16.1 in these laps. I was behind fezza and in front of johhno, and all was well, low fuel, good RS tyres with plenty of grip, catching Fezza and growing the gap to Johnno. After passing fezza on the inside of the last corner, I saw I had 9 seconds to Dosy. Within a lap, i closed it to 8 seconds, and then saw we had 8 laps to go. I thought that was a sign and started to go flat out, thinking I can keep this pace up! Dosys pace proved too good though, and my tyres didn't have the grip they first did. The gap went between 8 and 8.5 for the rest of the race, though the gap behind was growing iirc. I did start to gain quickly on the last lap, but I figured that like me, he was driving ultra conservately - i was still keenly aware of how close I was to a last lap mistake, didn't want to go there.

Another special congratulations to @Dosy, after a quick watch of the start of the replay, I saw him go off on T5 of first lap and was down half a lap, then stuck with the race to finish 3rd!
    Dosy, fezza, skintsaint and 2 others like this.
  9. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Great race skint! The strategy was genius. When I saw your lap times.. and the gap shrinking between us after your second pitstop.. Yeah I was freaking out lol. Started really pushing on my mids, got a few strong laps in mid 16s with about 8laps to go? to hold you off for a bit. Was praying for your softs to die on ya but you just kept coming! Looming like a predatory bird you were haha.
    Ps. As for the bump early on.. Thanks for being cool about it but I felt at fault at least enough that I wanted to redress. Wouldn't have felt good if I didn't redress and went on to win.

Great race to all! Incey, johnno, jonesy, dosey, jc you guys all seemed like you had the pace to win if it weren't for going off.
    Tristan Jones and skintsaint like this.
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Thanks for your feedback @skintsaint @AroGantz @Te_Wheke
    Not sure why I am lagging, I have the PS4 on a wired connection as I did last season with the same modem apparently I wasn't laggy then?...
    Only thing that has changed between this season and last season is NBN becoming available in my area(Still no change from last night on being connected)
    Noticed after it became available that my internet would drop out randomly which it never did before, haven't noticed it lately but obviously I am still getting latency issues online.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    no I was on worn soft tyres :) had pitted on lap 15.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Could I get the lap times for those that DSCd please.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I won't be able to get them until I get home tomorrow. Does anyone else have the time to get these?
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No hurry, I am away in Melbourene until Friday anyway.
  15. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    @Kieran_B33, I found the ADSL went flaky at my place after the nbn went live as well that would be your issue.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just out of curiosity, who is still on Adsl on the East Coast?
  17. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    I'm on ADSL on the East Island, I live in an apartment above a real estate agent and for some reason they won't agree to have the building wired for fibre. :mad:
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Times as requested @emmo46
    Te_Wheke - 1.18.569
    X_Gregory33_x - 1.18.416
    Incey - 1.17.020
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

The only person I saw having issues was Angry teleporting around which you can see on that clip above. Other than that most peoples connections looked ok to me.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If our resident NZ racer is doing ok on Adsl to connect over 7000k away, the issues going to be localised to the racer. @Blake Brindle what type of net connection do you have?