Division 4 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think anne has got the results through to DJ for the ladders already
    PaulCox likes this.
  2. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    @PaulCox
    last reply from them as below, looks like I am not in for race 3 too...:cry:
    20 Feb 2018 05:56 PM
    Unit will be returned to supplier for warranty process, ETA 5~10 business days.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 4 : SUGO - 31 LAPS - 1/6/18 - TWILIGHT RACE
    - Qual Time - @ 5pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 6pm - Light cloud / Heavy cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys. Very few incidents and protests which makes everybody's life much easier. Back to a pit stop this week, make sure you have all your pit strat set correctly, and prac race with pit stops on ;)

FUEL : At this stage we will run FUEL BURN on REAL. It seems that the patch has fixed the variable amounts that different drivers were getting. The only issue is that the qual amount is only for about 8 mins of the 10 min qual session.....Will test tonight again, and confirm before race night.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 3 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    A reminder though to
    make sure you clear all your replays so you have room to save the race. Also PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.
    - Is still a little bit of loose contact off the line guys as well.....i know i held my breath last week watching the div 1 grid get off the line and the run down to turn 1. Getting a good start doesnt always mean you will make positions, you still need to give room and respect those in front and along side.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. The turn 1,2,3 complex is pretty tight, so EVERYONE will need to run a line to give those around them room. Don't get caught up in a 'race start' incident through being too aggressive.

TRACK LIMITS : A bit of debate after last round.....will try to be brief here....
    Track limits are defined by Ripple strips and white lines. If you run outside these limits to GAIN ADVANTAGE, we will look at it and there is a very good chance you will be penalised post race. There is lots of grass here with sand traps, so asside from the outside of turn 1, isnt really anywhere for people to cut without costing them time.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 1, and the end of the back straight. This track has a very high speed average, so passing will be hard, but this is where the pit strat comes in ;)

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You SHOULDNT need to change tyres or take fuel. You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 1.3 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 2.3 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Sugo is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.
    PIT EXIT : Is a very short exit here, rejoining just before Turn 3.
    When exiting the pits please watch for faster cars on the race line. Likewise, if a car is exiting the pits and has track position, other cars are expected to yield.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    PaulCox likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    got my first replacement outa 2 today, gota say im going to make a drive next time even if it is 2 hours to buy anything because living in a smaller town sux when you have things go wrong with online purchases. And what sux more is even know they have "tec support" phone numbers that you can call inthe hope that its going to be faster than an email is bull:):):):) aswell as they only take your complaint and pass it on to tech support and tell you to wait for a reply...................MEH...so much money so much :):):):)ing around...we wanna race n there product was :):):):) but yet we paid top doller and have to jump though hoops

tell em that ya a meber of a few online racing leagues and ull blow up all over the forums n send start a process with dept of fair trading and ull get sorted real quick...i didnt want to do it but because there online not a store front they think same rules dont apply but they do
  6. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    @PaulCox
    Sorry to hear that u had such bad experience, I got lucky, and picked up my replacement today, and it is a replacement unit instead of a repair.......

This will be my third TM unit(the last one only few months old)....probably the last....if this failed again....I dont know man.

Anyway, will back to the race tomorrow, and I hope things go well with you.
    PaulCox likes this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Truns out my replacement lasted an hour n 45 minutes...good luck bys and gals in tonites race hope ya have fun
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    what do you mean.....another one broken ?
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good luck tonight all...remember with fuel burn ON, you will only have enough for about 7 mins of qual....you MAY go into the pits for more fuel if you want. Also TRACK LIMITS TURN 1, DONT RUN CONSISTANTLY WIDE, or it will be looked at. Given the wide apron, will be viewed as advantage gained if you do it too ofte
  10. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    guys, could not join tonight too, some family commitment stuff, have fun guys!
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    i got the first out of the 2 replacements on friday...i jumped on at about 9 or so and by 11 it was disconcerting and shutting down. Once again after waiting 5-15 mins depending on which time it seems to come back on but only for about half an hour n shuts down again................i have stated another replacement will not be necessary after this is now the 3rd wheel and to be swapped to a t500 or a refund so i can buy 1.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Annoyed. Wheel didn't want to work so reset and unplugged/replaced and then when I get back I can't join or spectators. Maybe I just should avoid any series racing during AEDT cos I just can't get dinner done early enough most Sundays.

7pm is definitely no good for a Queenslander with a life.
    Dev1lman_87 and VARDZ like this.
  13. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    we will be back on normal time soon
  14. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Pulling out for at least the rest of this season, havent goten a reply about my wheels i think this is going to be a long drawn out process :(
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    who are you talking to there mate ? do they know you are a ROOZ member ?
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    i WOnt put names out but once i mentioned ROOZ and forums n stuff they just accept i have a problem and say ok well send it back...before that the process they want off you is crazy but it takes 3-5 days of emails to even get to the point that you can send it back and thats without all the video evidence they originally wanted.

this was my last email to them on friday nite....

Hi.....

I received my new wheel and base today, unfortunately i did not receive a power cable back but i used the one from my second wheel that was going to go into the post today to be replaced. Bigger problem is after 1 hour and approx 45 minutes the new wheel base did the same thing the last one did and shut down and did not power up again until about 10 minutes later when to the touch it seemed cooler. After about 15 minutes of play the second time it did the same thing.

I will be sending it back again on Monday with the second wheel that sounds like its going to blow up. This time a replacement of the same product is not wanted and a refund or swap to the t500 will be required. This will be now in excess of $90 postage in returns at my cost .

I thank you for you assistance in this matter but after 3 wheels in 6 months im done with the product and because i bought them both in packages with cockpits and shifters and spent in excess of $3300 i wouldn't want to send it all back but i have the packaging for all of it and i am more than within my rights for a full refund in this matter.

Thank you

Paul Cox
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

TM qc has gone to the :):):):)ter :(

I know only a few weeks until DLS ends so will stick it out. Got lucky in that metal for DC and Anne reset the room (legend). Wish she hadn't though, Had a terrible race, more than usual. Probs didn't help I spent the weekend painting the kitchen so was pretty exhausted...
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds like a nightmare....if you need me to chase anything up send me a PM and will help you out where i can.

I have a T500 and have had no issues with it whatsoever, after about 18 months and regular use. The only noise i hear out of it as the fan bearing, which is loud until the grease in the bearing warms up. A known issue....
    Ford69xw and PaulCox like this.
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Takes time but there working with me to get to a happy soloution.
    Ford69xw and stucar17 like this.