Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

Top fun cheers fellas.
    Crazy track with danger at every turn. Turn 3 lap 1 was pretty busy with at least two cars abreast so I tucked it in tight to allow room and keep the traffic flowing - too tight - and the ripple strip grabbed me and sucked me onto the grass, got going again but there was a mess through 7 and 8 which is not surprising, that's a real danger area for incidents when it's busy, so fell back until attrition ahead of me gifted a few gains.

Race 2 reverse was cool, I love reverse order, makes for lots of challenges for both fast and slow cars, and I totally understand the concerns, but IMHO they're tops. Lets the slower cars not feel like despondent losers for at least a while (though can obviously be nerve wracking for them as points leaders come onto them), and gives faster cars good practice at smooth overtaking. All good.

Stayed near the front for a long time thanks mostly to wreckage behind me, with a few laps to go Teamy Marty was closing up with Shaun right on him so was waiting for the inevitable passes and hoping to not cause any grief when that time came, but fate intervened and I ran wide on 9 letting them through without needing to give way, because we are still racing after all and it was tops to see so many occasions where approaching cars weren't expecting people to let them through - you gotta fight for it otherwise what's the point? :)

Great to race in a full grid, Suzuka will be a better track. For sure.
    krunch likes this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I believe we are done with reverse grid this season as the rest are normal and one enduro round. Their problems are escalated with cars this fast, other cars they aren’t so bad really
    Doublevision likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Mixed bag for me last night
    Q1 - Managed to grab a good qual spot so was happy there
    R1 - Started great when Marty's lights failed and gifted me 2nd... a few laps in and Shaun and I were getting a nice healthy gap to 3rd and disaster... rail slid exit of T9 and spun in T10, dropped to 4th, from there my setup weakness was blatantly obvious... really fast around most of the track but where I needed to be close T13 for a chance of passing down back straight, my arse was too loose compared to others and they always got enough gap that I couldn't slipstream... then again few laps later where there was a possibility I pushed too hard and spun on T13 dropping to 8th... then trying to get at least one possy back I stuffed it again and dropped to 12th... after all the practice I did over the week I never had so many own goals in one race as then... mildly disappointed in myself was an understatement...
    R2 - Great jump off the line and made some spots before T1, was lucky to dodge some carnage and not get tapped from behind when I was doing the dodging... sorry and thank you to the car behind me... helicorsa was indicating it was very very close! Then it was just a matter of trying to make amends for R1 mistakes, thanks to Krunch for the open door pass like what Dave Reynolds did for SVG in the Supercars on the weekend (thankfully we are on the same team!!). From there it was hunt down Anon and unluckily for him he's come off on the T1/2 corner... after that it was just stick to the script and do solid laps...

I'm a fan of reverse grid, sure this track certainly was a challenge... but we should now be done with them as Godzilla has said...
    carn_the_pies and krunch like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are my views on dealing with traffic, its in no way an official policy just how I deal with it and what I see many others do wrong.

In a battle for position all thats expected really is to leave racing room but this is both cars. Most of the early contact in race 2 without seeing any replays is at least 1 guy not leaving room for the other so causing a collision. It can be fault of either car or both and often one makes an error causing the collision. In racing best to try moves you know you can pull off cleanly, late dives and kamikaze moves you fail on more often then not wont be something people want their races ruined with. Also driving others off track or multiple moves to block multiple lanes on the straight should be avoided. In defence pick a lane and make it clear then if you chose the inside and someone takes the outside you need to leave them racing room here. Racing room is at least 1 car space inside track limits to an overlapped car to whichever side it is the entire time there is an overlap.

With being lapped or in qualy when someone is giving spots up under blue flags or because they arent on a hotlap its a bit different. The thing that I seem to see people doing is lifting at corner exit and also moving across the track last second while exiting slower then usual. The intention is good but is very hard to predict for the car behind, if your close behind and a car suddenly slows on exit you need to move across to pass and if they do the same its quite likely to cause a collision thats easily avoided. It also costs the car ahead more time then needed, I think the main thing people conceding spots should do is make moves that are predictable.

If a car is directly behind and close never lift off too much in a spot you would never normally do this, or zoom across to another lane as they will be trying to move around you. Ideally you will exit at normal pace and hold your line then if there is still a reasonable gap behind and you want to conced the spot assuming the car behind hasn't already moved across to show they want the other lane. If it comes to the brake point and your on your line and a car lapping you has move inside just leaving them the inside lane is enough. If the faster car is still a fair way behind then taking your regular line even if possibly it may cost them some time in one corner during a race isnt much of an issue, just try not to hold them up for multiple corners. In the f1 cars the tricky thing is dirty air so if a car is within one second and you have blue flags then best to let them past at the first safe opportunity without holding them up too long.

There is no need to drive off the track and simply try to avoid doing unpredictable moves.

In qualy if your on a hotlap then there is nothing you have to do, if you have messed the lap up already or are on an out lap then do your best to leave the full race line to cars behind on a hot lap. Usual best way I find is to move off line mid straight and slow well before the brake zone to let the other car have its full lane and not lose any time trying to pass a car not on a lap.

Exiting the pits in qualy sessions is another thing many seem to make a mess of, there is no need to tell people on voice chat that your exiting pits. Saying that your exiting makes no difference if you mess someones lap to t1 so just avoiding this is all thats needed. Its the guy exiting's responsibility to not come out in traffic and ruin peoples hot laps, mirrors help here as will the full track map to help find clear track. If you see traffic coming just wait at pit exit til the track is clear, try to pull out only when you wont get into anyone's way to t1.
    Brenton Foggo, c4rLo5, squid and 7 others like this.
  5. squid

squid Rookie

Was a better race for me, managed to keep things fairly clean on race 1, (only had a really gentle tap to @Brenton Foggo that was my fault).

Race 2 wasn't as good for me, taking out @tezpez85 with a :):):):)ty pass after the long straight, which made me feel bad.

Feel like i'm getting a better feel for the cars, had more time to spend on the tune this week, will hopefully see the laps edging closer and closer to competitive.

I didn't get a replay file saved for race 1, is there any setting I might have wrong? I had a good save on race 1 I wanted to watch again.

@Anon666 can I have a team please thanks :)

Cheers
    tezpez85 likes this.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Same happened to me. I have Autosave set to keep up to 3 race replays but it only saved race 2. Turns out I had 2 old race replays in autosave already and although I thought it would auto delete older ones from there to save newer ones, it seems it doesn't.

So could someone please post their race1 replay for us? :)
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

krunch likes this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    krunch, Doublevision and Rolz like this.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Have added you to Ignition young man. Tez is doing well for you guys atm, so maybe hit him up for some setups.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  10. Rolz

@squid and @Brenton Foggo I've confirmed skins on servers, please test and confirm when you can... squid don't forget to download skins (on first page)
  11. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

So what track are we doing? I have tested suzuka and get a small washboard effect as described by Marty, which won't bother me so much, but may bother others
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey guys there is a few odd things going on with Suzuka apparently, so sadly we will move this round. Due to popular demand we will head to Imola! See you all there.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  13. Rolz

7l prac server is up, I can’t test so someone please confirm all ok... full length prac will be up soon
    marty likes this.
  14. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Seems good to me .
    Rolz likes this.
  15. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Unfortunately due to me deciding to race at the last moment, I didn't get everything setup in time and therefore didn't get the password to enter the room. Doh! definitely my fault. Got Discord set up now at least. Not sure how my relative lack of pace would have gone last night in the reverse grid race. At least I finally have some time to race now.
    Anon666 likes this.
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

17. squid

squid Rookie

working, thanks
  18. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

Hey guys,
    Just getting back into AC after several seasons in Atomic Racing League, is it possible to join season 14 still? I've heard the racing is excellent and well organised. What do I need to get started (if you have space)? Thanks!
  19. Rolz

Hello @Parkour always room for one more :)
    Register your details here so we can pop u on MR whitelist - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...username-guid-join-the-rooz-steam-group.1370/

For all, I've popped up Imola OSRW version for full practice 34laps - please test and confirm it's ok... I'll be online this evening to do some much needed practice myself :)
    Bogor likes this.
  20. Rolz

heads up Rift VR users... looks like there is a cert issue with Oculus so you will get a runtime error starting your rift... apparently setting ur time back a month and then restarting the oculus runtime service gets it going, but messing with ur time can potentially cause other computer issues... I'm hoping there is a proper fix in place when I'm ready to play tonight :)