GT Sport Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    My recap of the race.

Qualified in second for the second week running, around 2 tenths behind Emmo. We both got a good start off the line and it appeared everyone had space through T1. Coming around the long loopy right hander in to the hill section and I see Emmo running wide in to the left hander, uncharacteristic mistake from everything that I'd heard pre-race. This gifted me the lead which I held on to until my pit stop on lap 22/23. Stupidly I put the RMs back on... that turned out to be what lost me the race. @arakasi- was right behind me as I exit the pit lane and passed me with no issues. I held a gap of between 2.5-3.5 seconds back until my only (on track) mistake of the race happened coming off the top of the hill, just running wide. I lost 5 seconds to the leader and let @Bluemoon catch me right up. We had a very hard and clean battle for the remaining laps (6-7 laps?), managing some solid passes and some strategic slow corners to keep him from getting a run on me. Finished 6 seconds back after being 10-11 seconds behind after my off.
    Bluemoon likes this.
  2. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    :whistling: Not sure if you are referring to me but for the record I conceded in the end :p too fast for me good sir.

ps: happy with my result given i started last
  3. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Dont forget I clipped the dirt on turn 3 on the very first lap, and ended up swerving into your path :(
    Goes to show that some practice really does help. That pretty much summed up my night..
  4. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Wow, that turned out way better than I expected.
    Qualified over half a second off the pace in 4th, so had a plan on just keeping on track and bringing the car home clean.
    Just avoided a couple of spinners early, then turned into an absolute cracker of a battle with Vardz for the first half of the race
    with the leader never more than 3sec up the road, and Moon right there ready to pounce on us both.
    Sorry about the bump on lap 8 @VARDZ , so glad I didn't push you too wide and you hung on well, as it was great close racing
    Congrats @xlxy90 and @Bluemoon on podium, great result at a tough track.

Retro Round 1st Lap
    [​IMG]
    Swarm of Moffats
    [​IMG]
    For the lead
    [​IMG]
    :D
    [​IMG]
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not a problem actually, you are entitled to defend the position, I did enjoy the good battles on my way back through the field but I was really disappointed with myself that I had to.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  6. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Can't you just hear that smooth salty voice giving himself a lecture ;)

Bad luck Emmo you sure were quick around this track.
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  7. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Did you end up swapping to softs for that last stint? I regret not doing so.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, that was something I did right. If I had done my mid 1:15 FL on RM I would be dragged kicking and screaming to Beau's sacrificial altar in Div 1 :eek:
    deedz_aus likes this.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    emmo46, LennonLegend1993 and Hatfield like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    A begrudging congratulation Ara. It brings tears to my eyes to think the point score if I could keep it on the black stuff would have been you on 79 and me on 72, or 66 to 64 after dropped rounds which would make for an interesting last three rounds. Instead it is 84 to 57 or 71 to 49 with dropped rounds. I can't see myself closing that gap. (If only the last three rounds were at Willow). However the battle for runner up is very close.
    arakasi- likes this.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @Bluemoon Just watched our battle over the last few laps. Uploading a clip now. It was a ripper!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Bluemoon, pat65, deedz_aus and 2 others like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @arakasi- I reread my post above and it reads a bit harshly, I don't begrudge your win, just the result
    Your win was excellent, well driven and well earned.:thumbsup:
    arakasi- likes this.
  13. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Cheers mate, you were definitely on a hot streak especially round Willow, so I kinda pulled a rabbit out of the hat with a win, that's for sure.:)

With 3 of the most popular tracks still to come, and plenty of us able to be up near the front, I'm not counting anything out for anyone at this early stage. Anything can happen in racing, and this seasons got plenty of racing left.
    Very surprised to be where i'm at in the standings , as I definitely aren't the fastest going round D3, but have been having clean races and hitting my pit strat pretty spot on.
    Keen for the rest of the season, as ive had plenty of great racing in this car already :thumbsup:
    emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Welcome mate!
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  16. LennonLegend1993

Saw this mentioned in the division 4 thread.. Honestly I don't mind what time we race, but being the endurance round, do people want to start it earlier at all?
  17. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    No :p
  18. LennonLegend1993

8:30 AEST it is.. :D
  19. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    im gonna have a hangover from hell so the later the better ;)
  20. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    just make sure to take your Hydralite before bed and you will be fine :p